6.0

Review this album

1. Oct 14, 2010
    one of the best album of the year so far...brilliant lyrics and smart sounds! a power and amazing voice!!! this is real pop and is very enjoyable, great melodies with a original and awesome touch of his perfect voice!!!
  2. Apr 20, 2011
    Although many of the tunes are undeniably - you might even say playfully - derivative, this is a brilliantly entertaining album. Each track is a gem and a pleasure to listen to over and over again. Bruno Mars is this generation's Billy Joel.
  3. Oct 5, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the best records I've heard this year. Bruno Mars shows in Doo-Wops & Hooligans he is not the guy from Nothin' on You and Billionaire and he delivers an excelent album full of 10 great songs.

The best songs are: ALL
  4. Dec 22, 2010
    Best... The elements with this album contains pop, rock, r&b, reggae and all. PERFECT!!! 10 songs isn't enough with this entertaining pop album. Vocals are great. Uptempo beats are awesome and breath-taking. Some comparisons to Michael Jackson, Kanye West, U2 and Colplay. Bruno Mars debut album is an entertaining product of 2010.
  5. Aug 7, 2011
    Brilliant and light-hearted album. Bruno Mars deserves all the attention he gets, no offense to the people that have ridiculously rated the album "0".
  6. May 31, 2012
    I Am Shocked That This Album Has A Meh Rating..
    This Is One Of The Best Albums Of All Time Bruno's Vocals Are Amazing!
    A Splended Mix Of Pop And Talent!
    Mars Is Simply Amazing And Magical!
  7. Dec 7, 2012
    Doo-Wops & Hooligans was a very good debut record. Mars knows what the public wants to hear, and that is exactly what he gives us. Now I can just hope he can grow as an artist on his second album.
  8. Feb 24, 2011
    This album is just a prove how in today's music charts any artist can get to the top by releasing a mainstream album with simple lyrics, catchy rhythm, and modest vocal abilities. While listening to the album you get a Deja Vu. It's because he uses some of the rhythms from other artists. I'll make it short (since it is such a bad album I would hate to waste words just in describing it), if you love mainstream and just can't spot right from wrong (no offense) this is an album for you. The thing that worries me is why Metac***** gave a relatively high score to this album. Is it just me or is something wrong here. Expand
  9. Feb 14, 2011
    An 'okay' album. Bruno Mars and his vocals pulled several songs on top of the chart. He knows what people wants to hear and that is how he relates his music to his audience.
  10. Sep 29, 2011
    Mars Has A Beautiful Voice And REAL TALENT! But Some Of The Songs Really Dont Express His Grat Singing Voice. Below Is A Track Listing And Score Of Each Track Out Of 10
    1. Grenade 9
    9 Count On Me 9
    10 8
  11. CRL
    Aug 17, 2011
    The lyrics are simple and none of the songs are more than simple pop, but Bruno Mars's soaring voice and catchy rhythms pull this album above the line of mediocrity and make it a truly enjoyable if not enlightening experience.
  12. Dec 18, 2011
    Bruno mars debuts with an album full of of simple lyrics lacking any depth and maturity. However, his vocals and mix of Pop and R&B music make it a somewhat enjoyable listen. An average, flawed album.
  13. Dec 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall it is an OK album with moments of good vocal performance and lyrical meaningfulness. It follows a tendency of attempting at spawning big hits with catchy choruses, but that does not seem to work properly in the entire album. "The Other Side" and "Grenade" are the album's best in all aspects. The influences and the participation of Cee Lo Green in the former give it an edgy tone, but also provide the album with a great ending. "Grenade" may sound exaggerated in its lyrics, but it stands out as the strongest track of the album in terms of sending a message with a song. "Just the Way You Are" is good advertisement for what is good about Mars' work. A significant part of the album, however, sounds aimless in the lyrics; "The Lazy Song" is a major downside to the structure of D-W and H for that matter. Even with its ups and downs, we can expect something much better if the singer does not decide to go 100% commercial in his next enterprise. Expand
  14. Nov 9, 2012
    A light, sweet genre-bender that's surprisingly satisfying.
  15. Dec 10, 2012
    Very Great album!! One of the best albums of 2010, There is not one song i don't like, great vocals and very enjoyable overall !! Bruno Mars has an amazing voice !! Doo-Wops and hooligans is amazing!!
  16. Nov 16, 2010
    Bruno mars has his eyes on the charts and only on the charts, he doesnt care about music, and the album itself is horrible, I bought the album that is now in ashes. This album is horrible, rubbish, the music is so corny, the lyrics have absoloutley no meaning, whatsoever.
  17. Nov 23, 2010
    The album brings nothing new to the table and is merely a commercialized attempt to entice Top-40 radio and climb the charts. There's nothing new or original here, pass.
  18. Mar 2, 2011
    I didn't mind him when he had lent his voice to other songs on top 40 and the first single was definitely nothing special and then I heard the rest of the album and the lyrics may be some of the worse I've ever heard.
  19. Mar 16, 2011
    the first time, I tried liking this album but I to no avail I didn't like it at all. The lyrics are just horrible, and they're too simple especially on "Just the Way You Are" (it could've been written by a 12 year old). These lackluster lyrics are seen on every song on the album i find him good though on arranging and the up beat catchy-ness that can sometimes plague the mind. It would be better if he sticks to lending his voice to other artists and producing than singing and writing his own lyrics which just makes a terrible album that I think you should stay away from Expand
  20. Dec 12, 2011
    This excellent example of mediocre songwriting performed a miracle by somehow getting a grammy nomination. Sick. I will admit that when this came out I thought, wow, this guy is going to make it with that hair and that voice! But that's about it. Bruno Marks makes cookie-cutter r&b-ish pop that might make you feel good for 5 minutes, but I guarantee we'll forget about this record in a year. Even a half-hearted listen to the lyrics will reveal the weak ideas and concepts that are nothing but a decent attempt at mainstream radio success. The most honest song on the album is "The Lazy Song" because it is just that - a lazy song written by a lazy "artist" who just wants to get paid and laid.

The disappointing thing is that this guy helped write Cee-Lo's brilliant "Forget You", so I think he might be capable of more than is suggested by Doo Wop's. Maybe he's young and will impress us in the future, but this album is the epitome of over-rated.
  21. Aug 9, 2014
    This is a good intourduction for Bruno Mars as I think he has a bright future ahead of him as his vocals are amzing. I like how has he fuses the reggae perfectoy wothout you even realizing it . The beats are characteristic. His songs in the album range from him beong lazy to dieing for this girls amd some of his songs can be touching. But he doesn't really try to cover that many genres except for R&B,pop,and a little bit of reggae plus the production of the songs kind of stink. Expand
  22. Mar 11, 2013
    Its a great start to his career and has many good songs, but only few can be hits in this playful debut album by Bruno Mars.
  23. Mar 24, 2013
    Maybe The Lyric's Arent The Most Creative.. But It's Catchy And Fun As Hell! His Voice Is Perfect!
  24. Jun 15, 2014
    Doo-Wops & Hooligans is a great album, and for the first Bruno Mars' album, this is way better than we'd expected. For two reason, this album is great. First, Mars' voice, of course. And the second is the outstanding melody of most of the songs, along with deep lyrics, though some songs are uninspired.
  25. Jun 20, 2014
    Album fraco,e o pior,as pessoas dizem que ele é magnífico,só que não é mesmo,é beeeeem fraquinho e tem 2 ou 3 boas músicas.
    Tente novamente Bruno Mars.

1. Mar 29, 2011
    Mostly, he has little to say. [Mar 2011, p.109]
  2. Jan 27, 2011
    What makes this a really exciting debut, however, is the Kanye West-style genre-bending on Grenade, The Other Side and Our First Time, which joins the dots between between Michael Jackson and Bob Marley.
  3. Jan 25, 2011
    Aside from the odd pervy foray however, Doo-Wops & Hooligans is a fairly impressive pop record; packed full of guaranteed arena fillers, it's an album that's literally born to be big.