• Record Label: Type
  • Release Date: Jun 10, 2008
8.7

Review this album

1. Apr 26, 2013
    Grouper craft a compelling listen with Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill. From the first track, the vocals and the minimalist approach to their sound are haunting. The production I thought was fantastic for being an independent record. The way the songs lap onto each other as if it is still the same song was really unique.

Grouper managed to not only make a great record, but blow me away

Grouper managed to not only make a great record, but blow me away in the process.

1. I can’t help but feel that this album wants to have it several ways, but the net result of following all those paths means it plays out only one way.
  2. Despite all these potential distractions, Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill remains, quite simply, a beautiful album, possibly because. Harris feels so comfortable in her own skin.
  3. Dead Deer is druggy and sexy and arty and pretty, but never pretentious.