Eat Me, Drink Me - Marilyn Manson
6.9

Review this album

1. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Prefiro Theol E Bv Mas Não Ruim Músicas Ótimas Que Nem
    1-If Was Your Vampire
    2-Putting Holes In Happiness
    3-They Said Hell's Not Hot
    4-Heart Shaped Glasses (When The Heart Guides The Hand)
    5-Evidence
    6-Eat Me,Drink Me
  2. Dec 24, 2012
    Though tamer and softer than the previous albums, Eat Me Drink Me is a nice change of tone for Marilyn Manson and will sure make new fans and may also please other fans as well.
  3. Dec 17, 2011
    Marilyn Manson knows how to work wonders. Combining electronic notes with traditional rock and meaningful lyrics to top it, this definitely his best album all together to date. I can't wait for February.
  4. Nov 22, 2011
    I've read a lot of reviews that talk about how this album was "universally unappealing," but I'm here to tell you that it is really a very good album. Manson himself will admit that he was in a very bad place when he made this album. He was very upset about a lot of things, and in Eat Me, Drink Me, it shows. It's a very emotional album. Not his best, but I love it.

The first half of the
    album is unbelievable. I love it. If I Was Your Vampire is amazing. They Said That Hell's Not Hot is my favorite on the album. However, Are You The Rabbit is not very good. Despite the reviews, I found this album very good. However, it's not as "metal" as the rest of his albums. This CD is more rock-oriented. I'd recommend it, though.

And for the record, these "mom" types writing reviews just to say they hate Manson as a person make me sick. I guarantee they didn't listen to this album. They just automatically assume he's some sort of terrorist. It's ridiculous.
  5. Sep 26, 2010
    Your enjoyment of Eat Me, Drink Me will largely depend on what you thought of Manson's 2003 release, The Golden Age Of Grotesque. EM,DM is somewhat mellower and has an almost experimental feel to it, in essence this album shows Marilyn Manson struggling to find some much needed direction and maturity. Unlike The Golden Age EM,DM isn't out to offend, nor is it trying to target his familiar angry teenager audience, lyrically speaking most of it is superior to his previous release. Musically speaking it isn't nearly as catchy as The Golden Age but it feel like he's finally making the music he wants to make rather then trying to appeal to the age bracket that made him famous in the 90s. Older Manson fans will likely get the most out of this album but even then this material is artistically transitional in nature and won't appeal to everyone. Approach it with an open mind though and you just might find yourself pleasantry surprised. Expand

1. Forget what you know about this guy and it'll come off like a decent, and rather efficient, little goth-pop record.
  2. There's nothing quite as immediate or fantastic as 'Disposable Teens' here, but the album on the whole is a triumph.
  3. The songs and Ziggy guitar solos are more accessible than usual. Manson can croak like an undead, but can't sing to save his life.