Echoes of Silence - The Weeknd
8.6

Review this album

1. Jan 8, 2012
    Fantastic end to the trilogy of mix tapes, a great insight to relationships with women, drugs and depression. Great production : Great lyrics : Great emotion. It has a fitting tribute to MIchael Jackson which the King of Pop would be proud of. A one to watch in 2012.
  2. Jan 5, 2012
    House of Balloons was dark, Thursday was darker, and Echoes of Silence is the darkest of all. Echoes of Silence was the most anticipated mixtape of winter 2011 and it brought what the fans been craving from him; his breathtaking voice (reminiscences the King of Pop, Michael Jackson), the creative chaotic beats, and the eerie mixture into R&B. Let me just say that nothing will ever beatHouse of Balloons was dark, Thursday was darker, and Echoes of Silence is the darkest of all. Echoes of Silence was the most anticipated mixtape of winter 2011 and it brought what the fans been craving from him; his breathtaking voice (reminiscences the King of Pop, Michael Jackson), the creative chaotic beats, and the eerie mixture into R&B. Let me just say that nothing will ever beat what the House of Balloons ever had. My personal favorites from the mixtape were......well, all of them. Expand
  3. Jan 5, 2012
    Just incredible how much creativity has come out of this guy in 1 year. This album completes the trilogy in a fitting fashion. "Initiation" has to be one of the coolest songs in years.
  4. Jun 21, 2013
    Overall, the Weeknd casually creates another masterpiece of aesthetic pride, the fact that nearly every song carries out this dark ambiance and progression throughout the album clearly shows the Weeknd's point of view of his love interest.

Highlights: ''D.D.'' Cover (best song of the album, loved how he projected the reminding vocals of those similar to the brilliant Michael Jackson)

Highlights:

''D.D.'' Cover (best song of the album, loved how he projected the reminding vocals of those similar to the brilliant Michael Jackson) .
    ''Next'' was another song that always makes me imagine of a desert and distances.
    ''Echoes of Silence'', the title song showed Tesfaye's strong vocals and how it fits into the darker context of the album.
  5. Feb 2, 2012
    Never have I seen an artist release 3 completely solid albums (in both music and coherency) within one year... for free. His artistry has peaked (although he can probably top this on the next one!) and the music on EoS is absolutely amazing. Dark and grimey. His cover of Dirty Diana would make MJ proud. 9!
  6. Nov 18, 2012
    This is absolutely incredible from beginning to end. D.D. and Next stand out to be the highlights of the album. D.D. was a fantastic re-imagining of Michael Jackson's "Dirty Diana". Overall a work of art, House of balloons was great, and Thursday was good, but this is easily the best part of his Trilogy.
  7. May 16, 2012
    Great Album. This is definitely not as good as his first album House of Balloons, but much better than Thursday his second album. This album is simply amazing and is a must hear.
  8. Feb 1, 2012
    The Weeknd is the next Sinatra. Really The Weeknd is the best singer out now better than any human. theres no arguement that would prove that The Weeknd Is not the best. Cant wait till he realeases the triology on CD so i can buy it support The Weeknd OVOXO
  9. Jul 8, 2012
    Echoes of Silence is a show stopper. The mix-tape starts off with a cantatas tic reimagination of Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson and, honestly, only gets better from there. D.D. flows amazingly into Montreal and then into Outside. These trio of songs have go to be the most dramatic songs the Weeknd has ever done. I just couldn't believe these songs were on a mix-tape. I wouldn't call EOS aEchoes of Silence is a show stopper. The mix-tape starts off with a cantatas tic reimagination of Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson and, honestly, only gets better from there. D.D. flows amazingly into Montreal and then into Outside. These trio of songs have go to be the most dramatic songs the Weeknd has ever done. I just couldn't believe these songs were on a mix-tape. I wouldn't call EOS a comercial album, but it's the most comercial out of the trilogy. EOS was definately the best album out of the trilogy and it ends on the most well-executed song that I've probably ever heard, Echoes of Silence. That song, which shares the title of the album is just the perfect way to pass the baton from his mix-tape career to his professional career. I honestly can not wait to download the trilogy on iTunes, ANSI can't wait to see the Weeknd tear up the world with his debut album. Echoes of Silence is the perfect album. Expand

1. Feb 10, 2012
    Despite a couple of missteps and the odd moment of doubt, I can't remember the last time a series of three full-length records released this close together has captured me--and others--in the way that this has.
  2. Feb 3, 2012
    House of Balloons is still his finest hour to date, but Echoes of Silence comes damn close to it.
  3. Jan 30, 2012
    The ubiquity of the Weeknd has saturated their latest mixtape, and ultimately Echoes of Silence struggles under that ubiquity.