• Record Label: MCA
8.5

Review this album

1. ScottyS
    Aug 1, 2006
    Dude this album is hot to me better than BE. So what if he has too many guests Common is trying to shar eto us other artist that are great and we never heard of like Laetita Sadier of Stereolab, Bilal,Dart Chillz, and Omar
  2. AkinyeleO
    May 19, 2003
    I thought that as ambitious as this CD was, it fulfilled its purpose. It explored new phases of Hip-Hop Music by utilizing experience and other types of music. This is very different from Common's other albums, but its still a memorable one. This album's shift from Common's previous works make it even more interesting, but a warning, only for those with an open mind.
  3. JimmyP
    Sep 1, 2005
    This album is unbelievable. I enjoyed this album so much. This cd is ambitious, and it's great that Common took a chance. To me Star 69 and Come close are the standouts
  4. TylerH
    Jan 22, 2006
    Genius, Jimmy P. knows what hes talking about. Star 69, come close, between me you and liberation. Common is a lyrical genius and this album is a classic. Im woundering how ne one thought it was better than "Be" i mean "Be" was good but just not up to commons standards.
    Feb 16, 2003
    hip-hop meets psychedellic rock. not my cup of tea.
  6. Aug 18, 2014
    Electric Circus is a flawed, yet beautiful, one-of-a-kind album. It's hard to top Common's creativity, artistic touch, and musicality on this record. ~ 8.2/10

Best track: "Come Close" (feat. Mary J. Blige): It's one of the more traditional hip hop songs on the album, but it's emotional and heartfelt.

Other notable tracks: "I Got A Right Ta", "I Am Music" & "Jimi Was A Rock Star"

1. Com comes off as alternately uncomfortable and downright lazy, half-speaking-- or worse, singing-- new-age revelations to the masses.
    A hip-hop record brimming with soul and artistry. [Jan 2003, p.74]
  3. Common has just gone way, way off the hip-hop map.