E=MC2

7.5

Review this album

1. AaronM
    Apr 16, 2008
    This album deserves a 6.5. I think this album is mistitled. The title would have you believe it'd be as fun and free as "Emancipation of Mimi" and more! But on the contrary, it is more relaxed. It peaks when it is real and soulful, like I Stay in Love, I Wish You Well, and Love Story. And it falls flat on all pop songs except Touch My Body. It's not an emancipation album, but This album deserves a 6.5. I think this album is mistitled. The title would have you believe it'd be as fun and free as "Emancipation of Mimi" and more! But on the contrary, it is more relaxed. It peaks when it is real and soulful, like I Stay in Love, I Wish You Well, and Love Story. And it falls flat on all pop songs except Touch My Body. It's not an emancipation album, but it's still meaningful and promising. Expand
  2. TonyV.
    Apr 18, 2008
    It's an alright album, there's a couple of good songs on there like "O.O.C." and "I'm That Chick". The album was disappointing in a way since her last album was so much better than this one. I think Mariah has lost it over the year, she's not that great anymore.
  3. jack1222e
    Jun 3, 2008
    TRUST ME ON THIS! I am a Mariah fan like u fools, but there is nothing new here. Everything is average at best, in fact its inferior to her last hit album. There are about 4-5 quality tracks. Touch my body was basically the best she had to offer and it was the only worthy song to sell her CD.
  4. NickL.
    Apr 16, 2008
    Where's Slant's review?
  5. SecardinO.
    Apr 30, 2008
    Mediocre album and no artistic ambition.
  6. PaulC
    Apr 15, 2008
    Even though I don't listen to a ton of pop music, I thought 2005's "The Emancipation of Mimi" was a fantastic album, and it continues to get a lot of plays on my iPod. I was really hoping the follow-up would be as good, but it is a complete failure. This is just a collection of mildly acceptable pop songs. None of the tracks really stick out. All in all, it's quite a Even though I don't listen to a ton of pop music, I thought 2005's "The Emancipation of Mimi" was a fantastic album, and it continues to get a lot of plays on my iPod. I was really hoping the follow-up would be as good, but it is a complete failure. This is just a collection of mildly acceptable pop songs. None of the tracks really stick out. All in all, it's quite a disappointment. Expand
  7. AjayD.
    Apr 24, 2008
    What a heart breaker. Boring music right here folks...run on the mill. I give it 4, because thats all the good songs on it.

1. The result is a largely enjoyable mix of flirtatious club jams, midtempo love songs, and emotional ballads anchored by hip hop beats that hansomely showcase the singer's powerful vocal range. [18 Apr 2008, p.63]
  2. The production is glossed to within an inch of its life, the mood is cheerfully upbeat--or 'festive' as Carey might put it herself--and the entire confection rings out with bold, sassy, brutally executed intent.
  3. Nearly every song confines Carey to four-note verses, offering little room for her glorious range, and the six ballads are drenched in yearbook-quote lyrics that never quite work themselves into the froth of "The Emancipation of Mimi."