E=MC2 - Mariah Carey
7.3

Review this album

1. Apr 16, 2011
    The album is good, it's an easy listen from beginning to end, but she brings nothing new to it and it sounds like it tries too hard to grab all that worked with The Emancipation of Mimi, and make it a tiny bit edgier. There is a failed attempt at reggae on here, and the presence of Young Jeezy is unnecessary and a little OTT to be fair. Touch My Body is great, a really playful track, and I love I Stay In Love, Migrate and Bye Bye but, in the grand scheme of things, the album is only good. Expand
  2. Nov 30, 2012
    Her highest reviewed album in years
  3. Jul 12, 2013
    I love this album! Very fun and creative. While it is REALLY similar (in terms of track order) to 'Emancipation', it is nonetheless good. She knows how to make albums. My favorite tracks are 'I'm That Chick' for its sexiness and grooviness, 'Cruise Control' for its playfulness and her decision to collaborate with Marley, and 'Bye Bye' for the message it gives. This is a feel-good album that I'll listen to in any situation. It's my 2nd favorite Mariah album behind 'Emancipation', but it is indeed remarkable. Fun fact: This was actually the first Mariah album I ever owned. I really got into music a couple years back. This album helped me discover more artists and more Mariah albums. Mariah is one of my favorite artists of all time and this album will always be a part of me. The title is fun too. Expand

1. The result is a largely enjoyable mix of flirtatious club jams, midtempo love songs, and emotional ballads anchored by hip hop beats that hansomely showcase the singer's powerful vocal range. [18 Apr 2008, p.63]
  2. The production is glossed to within an inch of its life, the mood is cheerfully upbeat--or 'festive' as Carey might put it herself--and the entire confection rings out with bold, sassy, brutally executed intent.
  3. Nearly every song confines Carey to four-note verses, offering little room for her glorious range, and the six ballads are drenched in yearbook-quote lyrics that never quite work themselves into the froth of "The Emancipation of Mimi."