Escapology - Robbie Williams
7.6

Review this album

1. May 19, 2012
    What's with the low critic score? After 9 years, this is still an album I remember. OK, there are a lot of self-indulgent and self-deprecating songs in here, but that's how Robbie is. I really do feel bad for him for having all that pressures to "break in America". The U.S. was never ready for someone like him, and it's their loss.
  2. Dec 1, 2012
    A pretty unspectacular album. I picked out a handful of songs that are good, the rest is not really entertaining. Robbie Williams has got a good voice and he's got much better lyrics than most other pop artist have, but this album is no big deal. I enjoyed it, yet only a couple of songs are really good, as always with his work.

1. It doesn't help that the best song here, "Feel," sounds like a bad Richard Ashcroft B-side; the worst is a seven-minute mariachi stomp about traveling to Las Vegas with a monkey, called "Me and My Monkey."
  2. Backed by stale songs, formulaic arrangements, and mediocre songwriting, Williams is forced to rely on his volcanic personality to bring this album across -- and despite a few strong performances, he sinks into lame self-parody time and time again.
  3. Probably the weakest Robbie Williams album to date.