8.2

Review this album

1. Apr 29, 2014
    Absolutely mesmerizing debut by Damon Albarn. Complex and personal. Everyday Robots is sharp twist on the age old theme of Nature vs. Technology. For me, the key standout songs from the album are Hollow Ponds, Hostiles, Everyday Robots, and Lonely Press Play.

One of the best albums to come out so far in the year, I can't wait to hear Damon play this album live. A must have for Blur or Gorillaz fans, and a fairly enjoyable listen even for those who aren't.
  2. Apr 30, 2014
    I am loving the album. Although I must say I was expecting a little bit more memorable tunes. The songs that come out the most are The Selfish Giant, You & Me and Photographs (You Are Taking Now).
  3. May 1, 2014
    damon is definitly the most creative musician of our generation. The album is a little repetitive, but still has memorable tunes (the selfish giant, everyday robots, you and me, heavy seas of love and my favorite "mr tembo).
  4. May 14, 2014
    I absolutely dont see why this albums overall score is so dismal come on, just because its not "Happy" or "Feel good" jeez. For the music critics who gave this album a forty or lower, let me just say. Your taste sucks. And instead of ruining a good albums score why dont you go ruin Miley's new single. Or anyone else who sends out **** 24/7 for money. (People here are smarter than the Critics)

1. May 19, 2014
    Albarn aficionados will, of course, lap it up, but for the rest of us, think of it more along the lines of a faintly beguiling curio in an otherwise fascinating career. [No. 109, p.52]
  2. The relationship between the music and Albarn’s voice deepens the album’s theme.
  3. May 5, 2014
    The result is an album that humanizes the machine and peels back a layer from Albarn's life while adding more to the music.