7.8

Review this album

1. Feb 7, 2012
    One of those albums which is only have good, some great singles but the rest of the album is kinda flat and a lot of the acoustic style she brings to her live performances seems lost in the recording. She has many better b sides which could have replaced some of the lesser songs on this album. Shame.
  2. Oct 7, 2010
    The songs on this album seem to be from one of two sides; the faster paced, (and in my opinion) better songs, and the slower, still-good-but-could-have-been-spiced-up-a-bit songs. Although I personally prefer the songs like "Suddenly I See" and "Another Place To Fall", it is only when she uses her amazingly toned voice to sing songs like "False Alarm" and "Through The Dark" (the slower songs) that really portrays her natural talent more fluently and lusciously.
    After selling excess of 4,000,000 copies, (which is even more of a feat, in this day and age when Hip Hop sells the most and dominates the charts) it is obvious that this album deserves a thorough listen. After debuting on Later... With Jools Holland, and then having her song performed on American Idol, she soared to deserved fame. This is an essential album. She is definitely one of the most talented women on the charts today.
  3. Nov 22, 2010
    A brilliant album with a unique sound that blends some mainstream pop qualities with nice folk elements. She has a great voice too, raspy when it needs to be, mellow and steady during quiet songs. I love every song on this album.
  4. DPR
    Nov 28, 2010
    I don't get how anyone could dislike this album. KT Tunstall is a tremendous talent. She has a beautiful voice and is a tremendous song writer.
  5. Feb 6, 2014
    Genre: Pop Rock
    The debut album from the fantastic KT Tunstall features a great mix of songs that are all brought to life by her superb vocals. My personal favourite is the upbeat Black Horse and the Cherry Tree that truly demonstrates her raw talent but the slower ballads such as Under the Weather and Universe and U are also well worth a listen.

KT Tunstall is certainly one of the
    best solo artists working in the music industry today. Collapse
  6. Nov 20, 2013
    Anyone calling this album terrible must have a really horrible taste in music. That's for sure. The album opens up very strongly with "Other Side of the World" and "Another Place to Fall" before going deeper to the sentimental department. For a debut album, I'd say Eye to the Telescope is delivered in a very praiseworthy quality.

1. A delicious blend of acoustic guitar, raw grooves and sublime melodies. [11 Feb 2006]
  2. The disc is made up mostly by mid-tempo classic rockers and sweet nothing ballads. Disappointing? Well, yes.
  3. A promising, satisfying debut.