Fade - Yo La Tengo
8.0

Review this album

1. Feb 4, 2013
    This is YLT like you've never heard them before. It extends beyond the scope of their typical style, seamlessly incorporating a caliber of orchestration that few bands are able to create. The songs are varied yet cohesive, soft yet impactful, indirect yet focused. What surprises me the most is that I never really got into these guys, but this album speaks to me in a different way. Old fans might label Fade as a 'comeback album', but it's going to bring them new fans too.

If you appreciate indie pop on any level, then this is a must listen. Without a doubt, an early contender for best of 2013.
  2. Feb 1, 2013
    I am very disappointed that I have discovered them so late. They should have been in my music rotation for years. This is a very sophisticated and sublime album that asks you to press the replay button. Their sound is 2013 and it's great to see old hands set the trend for the youth of today. I am now going to go through the catalogue.

With Fade, they’ve come across ten songs that all sound tight and of course, refreshing, against the backdrop of what might be their most consistent album to date.
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    The results are simple, subtle arrangements that highlight their song craft.
  3. Feb 15, 2013