Fantasies - Metric
8.7

Review this album

1. Mar 28, 2011
    Metric is a different type of band. They have originality and it shows on this album. Not only can you dance to a lot of these tracks, but the lyrics are also something you should listen too, they're surprisingly good. Emily Haines' vocals are very good. It's a great mix of electropop and indie. B
  2. Mar 11, 2011
    A handful of great songs really make this album. I have 'Gimme Sympathy' and 'Stadium Love' on repeat. There are a few songs I could leave but overall the album is a lot of fun.
  3. Oct 21, 2012
    One of the essential electronic/alt. rock albums. Metric's evolution isn't all that much of what you'd call evolution, but more adaptation. Thank God what they've adapted to embraces them tightly.
  4. Aug 29, 2012
    FANTASIES is my second favourite album by METRIC, I didn't find any song to be bad at all, all songs are decent in their own way. Though I liked SYNTHETICA more.

1. Fantasies is, rather unfortunately but perhaps not surprisingly, just another Metric album.
  2. Standing alone, Fantasies is an accomplished, enjoyable LP. Next to its siblings in the Metric back catalogue, however, it seems to lack urgency, a sense of the essential, dynamism, and even the touch of righteous anger that made itself known now and then.
  3. This Canadian-American hipster quartet's first record in four years has an electrophile slickness, not to mention a set of catchy songs.