8.8

Review this album

1. MikeP.
    Jul 27, 2008
    Well recorded and very tuneful, simply a great album to play over and over again.
  2. DaveF.
    Jul 29, 2008
    Gorgeous.
  3. LindsayM
    Aug 4, 2008
    I am in love with this band, and Pitchfork seriously needs to stop knocking anything remotely listenable. Why the hate, Pitchfork?
  4. KatieS
    Dec 18, 2008
    I effing love this album... I don't rarely disagree with so many critics, but I think anyone who rated this below an 8 may need to check his/her blood pressure. It's an album that feels good to listen to every.... single.... time you put it on. Enough already, Pitchfork. This is brilliant.
  5. Alex
    Jul 26, 2008
    Much more mellow than previous albums, and they pull it off so well.
  6. DerekS.
    Jul 26, 2008
    This Album is very very very good.
  7. markd
    Aug 22, 2008
    Amazing. Tone-deaf reviewers who chide for use of choo-choo need to get over themselves. A truly great record by a truly great band.
  8. JoeyS.
    Jul 25, 2008
    I love how the lyrics of each song seem to connect, what they need to stop doing however is deliberately changing vocalists every song, i think the albums flow is more important than the contrast between the bass and guitar player.
  9. krinklykrinkles
    Feb 17, 2009
    Solid album. just short of perfect. probably the best underrated band out today.

1. Whether or not Dr. Dog can duly revered based on their own merits remains to be seen, but in the meantime, they've got a ringer on their hands. [Aug 2008, p.170]
    Even as they take on the album title's potentially heavy theme, two vocalists sing with wide-open smiles, and they toss in new-wave beats alongside the saloon pianos and tube-amp guitars. [Aug 2008, p.84]
    What Dr. Dog and its principal songwriters McMicken and Toby Leaman have done is carry on a tradition of soulful writing and musicianship. [Summer, 2008, p.90]