Femme Fatale - Britney Spears
7.0

Review this album

1. Apr 3, 2011
    I used to love Britney so much, but she has honestly gone so downhill. She doesn't write her songs, make her music, and now she doesn't even sing her own songs. Her voice is so extremely edited, and the songs are so plain. The album is nothing special, and, in my opinion, has to be her worst to date. Song by song review: Till The World Ends: 4/10 The moment I heard it, I knew it was eitherI used to love Britney so much, but she has honestly gone so downhill. She doesn't write her songs, make her music, and now she doesn't even sing her own songs. Her voice is so extremely edited, and the songs are so plain. The album is nothing special, and, in my opinion, has to be her worst to date. Song by song review: Till The World Ends: 4/10 The moment I heard it, I knew it was either written by Kesha, or a clear rip off of Kesha. As I believe Kesha has terrible songs, well, I'd obviously hate this.
    Hold It Against Me: 2/10 Sounds like a bad attempt at a dance song, and the lyrics are a bad attempt at sounding flirty.
    Inside Out: 4/10 Again, terrible lyrics. Got annoying after a few listens.
    I Wanna Go: 6.5/10 This song is REALLY close to being a decent song, but there's something about that just irks me. Clearly the next single.
    How I Roll: 6/10 Different, which is nice. The beginning turns you off, though. The first 5 seconds made me annoyed, but after I listened to the entire thing, I actually kinda liked it.
    (Drop Dead) Beautiful: 4/10 So, Till The World Ends sounded like a Kesha song, and in this song there's some chick who seems to be trying to pretend to be Kesha. If the featured girl wasn't in this, it would be an okay song, but she really turns me off.
    Seal It With a Kiss: 5/10 Once again, has potential but fails. Something about it just ... no.
    Big Fat Bass: 0/10 Dear God, what was she thinking.
    Trouble For Me: 5.5/10 First few listens, I liked it. Got boring really quickly.
    Trip To Your Heart: 6/10 One of the better songs on here. The music gets annoying after a bit, but still one of the more decent songs.
    Gasoline: 6.5/10 I hated it at first, but it's really catchy. Like other songs, it has potential to be good, but ... it just isn't.
    Criminal: 8.5/10 Hands down the best on the album. The melody is amazing, the flute is beautiful and ahh. This is the only song I keep going back to. The only song you should bother listening to.

I seriously don't know why people are still in love with her. She has done nothing creative recently, hardly making her worthy of any "Queen and/or Princess of Pop" titles. She needs to settle down and focus on her family life, because her heart's just not into her music anymore.
  2. Mar 29, 2011
    There are about two good songs on here. The rest are some of Britney's worst songs to date. I feel that as a fan, we need to be honest when things aren't good. Big Fat Bass featuring Will.I.Am has to be THE worst song by Britney I've ever heard. TERRIBLE. "I can be your treble baby, you can be my bass", Britney sings. Oh and by the way whoever produced this DESTROYED Britney's sweet voice.There are about two good songs on here. The rest are some of Britney's worst songs to date. I feel that as a fan, we need to be honest when things aren't good. Big Fat Bass featuring Will.I.Am has to be THE worst song by Britney I've ever heard. TERRIBLE. "I can be your treble baby, you can be my bass", Britney sings. Oh and by the way whoever produced this DESTROYED Britney's sweet voice. It's barely recognizable behind all the autotune. I can understand it's a technique, but by doing that it takes away the artist's personality on a record. Seeing that Britney neither wrote nor produced ANYTHING on the album (She wrote some songs, which didn't make the final tracklist unfortunately), the least they could do was let us hear HER voice; not some robotic, cold, slightly grating voice. There are two great songs on here, which I'm sure Britney had to fight to keep on the album. "Inside Out" is the best Britney song I've heard since Blackout! The instrumental is RICH, DEEP, etc. Just breathtaking! Meanwhile Britney's vocal delivery is amazing from what I can tell. The "Inside Out" lyrics are pretty clever and could be interpreted a number of ways so take your pick ;)

The other highlight is "How I Roll". Probably because it's the song that's most unlike the others. I've never heard a song like this. It's so bubbly, but it's dancy...but it has a piano too. I can't get enough of this song and hope it's a single at some point. There's some intentional mispronunciation of words that's sure to cause controversy, but what is Britney without controversy?

As a Britney fan I regret buying this because there is barely anything here that is distinctly "Britney". The producers tried their best to make her fit into this Ke$ha/Katy Perry pop world, but they failed to realize Britney doesn't need to follow these trends. Songs like "Hold It Against Me" and "Till The World Ends" are so below Britney's standards and don't really work as singles for me. Where is the "Britney" spark that makes it stand out? Overall I'd say pass on this album and buy "Inside Out" and "I Wanna Go" on iTunes.

**Sorry if this doesn't make sense. After listening to the album over 20 times (yes I listened to the leak), I just pretty much blurted out all my thoughts here and don't feel like going back to re-edit.
  3. Jun 11, 2011
    In my opinion, Femme Fatale's strikes are innovative, Britney's voice is better and the record hasn't a bad song. The only thing I was kind of disappointed are the lyrics of songs that aren't that creative... for me the best lyrics are from "Trip To Your Heart" and "Criminal".

Femme Fatale can't be compared to the previous, because if we really consider it her best work: doesn't have annoying music or bad. The change in style for trance-pop may not please everyone, however it will please the majority. It will bring more fans to Miss. Spears, because we have one of the most mature records of her career. The album wasn't meant to be heard, but felt.

Generally, I face Femme Fatale as a unique album. I can't compare this work with no other from Britney. I think everything Britney has done so far is unique. And she nailed it on this album. This is what Pop is. Britney knows how to pop, this is fact. The record didn't disappoint me in any aspect. As each and every album has its ups and downs. I really hope she doesn't ignore "How I Roll", "I Wanna Go" and especially "Criminal" because in my opinion are the best of the album along with "Trip To Your Heart". And not being fanatic, but I think Femme Fatale has imperceptible lows. Now it's time to enjoy this record, wait for the bonus tracks and the performance on Good Morning America, the video of Till The World Ends, and something about the new tour.

Britney proves once again that doesn't need to follow trend's music to be fashionable... she creates a different vision of pop music, which few or many, will be happy to savor every melody, production stage, choruses, bridges, etc...
    The album's name does justice to the content. More mature, provocative and daring to the ears of fans and listeners.

It may not have sounded so good at first, but once I heard the album on the iPod, I was loving every song. In it we can see an evolution in relation to the last two albums because it presents a great diversity of sounds, lyrics a little more elaborated and somewhat with census, the most important thing is the fact that hasn't such a weakness noted in the recent musical works. The album in general can be very generic but it is this type of rhythm it is essential these days because the music is changing every time that passes. Overall I loved the album, however it won't be my favorite though. It has been noticed that she gave her heart for working through this fantastic album which I am very thankful and she deserves to be congratulated for this. Even though I really loved the record I feel a little disappointed for the fact that the album doesn't have any ballad.
  4. Apr 11, 2011
    This album gave my cat cancer. Why would this exist? Who thought it would be a good idea to make this? Seriously why? It's sooooo bad!! I don't have enough caharacters to submit this so yeah, extra sentence.
  5. Mar 29, 2011
    So disappointed. There's barely anything in this album that remotely tells me that this is Britney's best album like she said it was. Now, I love Britney as much as anyone else could, but I love her for a totally different reason than most. I loved her for her innovation and originality that she brought to pop music; she seemed like the first person to bring in different elements ofSo disappointed. There's barely anything in this album that remotely tells me that this is Britney's best album like she said it was. Now, I love Britney as much as anyone else could, but I love her for a totally different reason than most. I loved her for her innovation and originality that she brought to pop music; she seemed like the first person to bring in different elements of different genres into her music and that what drew me to her during her "Britney" and "In the Zone" era, but now it seems like she's settled on a sound and isn't giving it up.

The writing seems lackluster; there's definitely a theme, but it's so transparent that it doesn't pop like before. I know 12-year-olds that could write better songs than Till the World Ends or Hold It Against Me, but there is no way they could've done the production. The composition on most of these songs are top-notch and that's what really sells the album, which, on its own merits, is an accomplishment but a vague one at the least. This album is definitely "POP GOLD", but whose pop, because it's not Britney's? Actually, it sounds like the pop album of twelve different artists' rejects fused together.

The only highlights I can find are "Inside Out", the dubstep-influenced monster it is, and "I Wanna Go", the disco/electro, Kylie Minogue-esque hit that was obviously skipped as a single choice. I'm not saying that this doesn't reek of Britney or pop fantasy, it's just disappointing.
  6. Jun 29, 2011
    Ewwwww one of the crappiest thing I have ever listened to. What is she doing? This is an auto-tune MESS! No Britney this is not the album you are supposed to make, sorry.
  7. Jun 29, 2011
  8. Aug 10, 2011
    e um lixo, simplesmente. as musicas sao horriveis, muito mixadas e com pouca desenvoltura vocal. uma bela porcaria.eu nao sei nem como esse cd conseguiu vender um milhao de copias.
  9. Aug 19, 2011
    Pure pop trash. Auto-tuned lazy songs with no substance. No wonder it flopped. No effort by Britney Spears. She has lost touch with her fan base and will continue to decline.
  10. Oct 8, 2011
    So this is what people call as pop music this days. I don't think Madonna would approve this new phase of Britney, and she even could lost her "Princess of Pop" rank. It's just pour electropop, with crappy lyrics, and strange beats, she just made pop for pop.
  11. Jan 17, 2012
    One of the worst and most overrated album of 2.011. It's the most basic and generic thing we had during the whole year. It's such a shame the only really good song from the album, "Criminal" flops so hard. Definitively, it is nothing that any other singer who makes generic music couldn't do. Britney is still an icon but this album passed almost unnoticed when it comes to production andOne of the worst and most overrated album of 2.011. It's the most basic and generic thing we had during the whole year. It's such a shame the only really good song from the album, "Criminal" flops so hard. Definitively, it is nothing that any other singer who makes generic music couldn't do. Britney is still an icon but this album passed almost unnoticed when it comes to production and musical creation. Expand
  12. Mar 22, 2012
    Hear all the tracks and still look the Femme Fatale of the album. Tracks repetitive, empty lyrics and a voice that seems more like a computer. Anyway, where was that Britney's Blackout?
  13. Jun 30, 2011
    Femme Fatale represents no growth as an artist. But it is Britney Spears after all so what so we shouldn't expect much. From the auto-tune to the mediocre songs, Femme Fatale is a mess from start to finish.
  14. May 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This albuum is nothing. i can't believe that she is talentless now. She can't dance, her music in this album is awful and she can't sing live either. This album is a shame for pop. Expand
  15. May 24, 2011
    Whoever said this album is good must be deaf. I've been a Spears fan for a while, but this is gross. Born This Way > Femme Fatale for sure, but what else can you expect from a hasbeen. It's very sad, I actually expected a lot more from Femme Fatale.
  16. May 25, 2011
    Dear Britney: I miss you in Toxic . This Album is repetitive, no creativity since the electro beast is the same... Put together her two latest singles "Till The World Ends" and "I Wanna Go" is the exact SAME background. Is energic yes... but is so repetitive and some lyrics make no sense. Britney's voice is auto-tuned that sounds like a remixed album. Is catchy but you can't be consideredDear Britney: I miss you in Toxic . This Album is repetitive, no creativity since the electro beast is the same... Put together her two latest singles "Till The World Ends" and "I Wanna Go" is the exact SAME background. Is energic yes... but is so repetitive and some lyrics make no sense. Britney's voice is auto-tuned that sounds like a remixed album. Is catchy but you can't be considered a "Pop Princess" with just a "catchy" album. Expand
  17. Jun 28, 2011
    This album is horrible just like her, and her fans. She is too grown to be singing about little teenage girl things and she needs to grow up and make a brilliant album like Beyonces '4' if she wants my time and money.
  18. Jun 30, 2011
    Femme Fatale is exactly what I expected in an album from Britney Spears: a few standout tracks: HIAM, TTWE, and Up N Down; a few mediocre tracks: Inside Out, I Wanna Go; and filler. This is Britney's best album after Blackout and Baby One More Time respectively. This is a solid release for Miss Spears, fun to have drinks to while getting ready for a night out but not a serious contenderFemme Fatale is exactly what I expected in an album from Britney Spears: a few standout tracks: HIAM, TTWE, and Up N Down; a few mediocre tracks: Inside Out, I Wanna Go; and filler. This is Britney's best album after Blackout and Baby One More Time respectively. This is a solid release for Miss Spears, fun to have drinks to while getting ready for a night out but not a serious contender for any best of lists and hopefully no one deludes themselves with the idea that it is. Expand
  19. Aug 7, 2011
    An album that prooves Britney for what she really is, and yes i feel rather bad saying this, but, a fake. Never have i heard such flat lyrical content, over production and auto tuning. Britney is almost totally void in this album, the computer/equipment took over and sadly Britney was left behind. This album is saved by just a very small few handfull of songs that, although not 100%, theyAn album that prooves Britney for what she really is, and yes i feel rather bad saying this, but, a fake. Never have i heard such flat lyrical content, over production and auto tuning. Britney is almost totally void in this album, the computer/equipment took over and sadly Britney was left behind. This album is saved by just a very small few handfull of songs that, although not 100%, they do remind you of why you bought this album in the first place. Expand
  20. Sep 20, 2011
    Out of the blue, I found myself reading excellent critics applauding this album. And contrary to what most critics said, I found this absolutely ridiculous and over the top. I gave it some tries and listened to every song several times... My judgement is there's only a decent song on it - "How I Roll", probably the most one-of-a-kind track Britney has ever sang...Wait... She doesn't singOut of the blue, I found myself reading excellent critics applauding this album. And contrary to what most critics said, I found this absolutely ridiculous and over the top. I gave it some tries and listened to every song several times... My judgement is there's only a decent song on it - "How I Roll", probably the most one-of-a-kind track Britney has ever sang...Wait... She doesn't sing at all in FF because they kept pressing the auto-tune button in every single track. We all know Britney's cup of tea is not exactly her voice but at least they could have been more restrained at overprocessing those tracks. Criminal is an ordinary gypsy tune. Big Fat Bass has got to be some kind of ears (and patience) crucifixion. Trip to your heart is almost good but the tedious repetitions and the cheap disco background make it come up short. Till the world ends still gets me thinking I'm listening to a Ke$ha's album... I Wanna Go looks like a demo and the lyrics probably written by some 16yo. . Trouble For Me truly defines what Britney is for herself. Any other person could have done this... but just because it's Britney, a reinvention of herself, bla bla bla, damn, it's so brilliant, fresh and etc. Please...! Expand
  21. Mar 23, 2012
    An 'okay' album for someone like Britney Spears. Her earlier work like '...Baby One More Time' and 'Oops!...I Did It Again' were amazing but Femme Fatale is a huge let down.
  22. Nov 10, 2012
    Terrible album, wonder when is she going to start singing or making music with actual lyrics not everything in life is about partying. The only solid track is Criminal. I wish she could stop trying to be Kesha.
  23. Nov 14, 2012
    I guess they don't even bother showcasing her voice anymore, do they? I wonder when will we get to hear the real Britney Spears telling us how she really feels, you can tell she's no longer living the dancer's life so why is asking me to keep on dancing till the world ends?

It's a pity cuz she looked like she had potential 10 years ago.
  24. Apr 1, 2012
    She do not deserve to be the princess of pop. This album is full of uter crap. Most of the songs are fillers, if they are not, they were released as singles. The best song is clearly Don't Keep Me Waiting, but buying the deluxe edition is not worth it. I disapointed
  25. Aug 3, 2012
    With "Femme Fatale" Britney gives us her worst album filled with generic and repetitive songs. The only songs that are not that generic are Inside Out and the bonus track He About to Lose Me.
  26. Mar 9, 2013
    This album it's a perfect ballad, but I miss that old Britney's style, she was cute and innovative, and now she just make repetitive dance musics, I'm gaping and disappointed.
  27. Nov 21, 2012
    This is a really bad album, full of autotune, and bad songs, all the album sounds old, the same sound as always, i just find this so boring. Thank god i dont have to hear this anymore.
  28. Nov 27, 2013
    Disgusting!! Crude awful and gross. Britney and One More, were flirty and fun, this is just dead and off-putting
    Not even any really nice melodies. Like some idiots playing with a computer program with a bunch cheap effects.
    The best song is hold it against me, were a fine chorus barely survives an onslaught of special effects.
    Dead, gross, dumb.

1. May 24, 2011
    Despite a slew of hit singles and eye-popping sales figures, Britney Spears has never released an album as coherent from start to finish as her latest, Femme Fatale.
  2. The poppers keep on coming right through the bonus tracks of porn-lite funk-lite that's quirky and clever front to back.
  3. Apr 5, 2011
    Femme Fatale equips Britney with material which is strong enough to enable the original all-American Pop Princess to hold her own in such an overcrowded context.