Femme Fatale

• Release Date: Mar 29, 2011
7.3

Review this album

1. May 19, 2012
    To me, Femme Fatale is Britney's best album. Of course it could be that now that I listen to her older albums, they sound a bit stale and out of date, whereas Femme Fatale has a more current vibe (obviously, being her latest). The single choice of Criminal threw me a little, though, as I think there are far better songs on this album than that one.
  2. Mar 9, 2013
    This album it's a perfect ballad, but I miss that old Britney's style, she was cute and innovative, and now she just make repetitive dance musics, I'm gaping and disappointed.
  3. Mar 24, 2013
    Femme Fatale is a great pop album. An that's much about it. We can't see in this album much input from the artist herself, which was exactly what built Britney's early career. In the past years, after her "dark" period, Britney hasn't been able to produce or even write tracks, which has a direct result in what comes out as an artist product. There are a lot of "masterminds" behind theFemme Fatale is a great pop album. An that's much about it. We can't see in this album much input from the artist herself, which was exactly what built Britney's early career. In the past years, after her "dark" period, Britney hasn't been able to produce or even write tracks, which has a direct result in what comes out as an artist product. There are a lot of "masterminds" behind the production process and this reflects in non-reflexive and non-personal tracks. I'm not saying that I wish she wrote about war, ocidental thought or anything like that, but I hope for the next few years she and her team realise that what real fans are looking for is her, and not just success.
    Throughout the album, "Britney" delivers a clearer (not as edited as Blackout's) and upbeat sound. We can hear her voice (as far as we can call that) and "Inside Out" contains a small resemblance of what Britney used to be as a child: a great and potent singer.
    As far as it comes to lyrics, it follows the Circus' style of the nonexistence of patterns nor (much) sexual heat. The exception here is "Big Fat Bass", which has metaphors to male erection.
    The music style is more cohesive than her last album as well. Femme Fatale follows a motive (expressed in its title) and, even if is not as explored as in "In The Zone" or "Blackout", we cannot say that it doesn't exist.
  4. Oct 30, 2012
    I love this. I love this. I love this. "Femme Fatale" as a whole isn't perfect, I mean, I don't like 'How I Roll' or 'Criminal' as much as the rest of the other songs - they're a little bland. However, the remaining tracks range from good to perfect.
    I can understand why Britney released "Hold It Against Me", "Till The World Ends" and "I Wanna Go" as singles - all 3 are perfect dance-pop tracks. I love the elements of dubstep that slither in songs like 'Seal It With A Kiss' and the album's lead single. And the deluxe tracks are well worth a listen as well.
    The best pop album of 2011? I think so.
  5. Nov 27, 2013
    Disgusting!! Crude awful and gross. Britney and One More, were flirty and fun, this is just dead and off-putting
    Not even any really nice melodies. Like some idiots playing with a computer program with a bunch cheap effects.
    The best song is hold it against me, were a fine chorus barely survives an onslaught of special effects.
    Dead, gross, dumb.
  6. Dec 16, 2014
    Britney excuse me but this album is not good, you have the potential to make (at least compose) best songs, there are few that can be enjoyed this album.
    Highlights: Drop Dead and Till The World Ends
    Lows: Gasoline and Do not Keep Me Waiting
  7. Mar 25, 2016
    Femme Fatale is Really a Great album she should worked harder on her vocals on this album she is really an amazing artist but she nailed it with this album the album highlights were Till The World Ends and Hold it against me.
  8. Jun 11, 2011
    In my opinion, Femme Fatale's strikes are innovative, Britney's voice is better and the record hasn't a bad song. The only thing I was kind of disappointed are the lyrics of songs that aren't that creative... for me the best lyrics are from "Trip To Your Heart" and "Criminal".

Femme Fatale can't be compared to the previous, because if we really consider it her best work: doesn't have annoying music or bad. The change in style for trance-pop may not please everyone, however it will please the majority. It will bring more fans to Miss. Spears, because we have one of the most mature records of her career. The album wasn't meant to be heard, but felt.

Generally, I face Femme Fatale as a unique album. I can't compare this work with no other from Britney. I think everything Britney has done so far is unique. And she nailed it on this album. This is what Pop is. Britney knows how to pop, this is fact. The record didn't disappoint me in any aspect. As each and every album has its ups and downs. I really hope she doesn't ignore "How I Roll", "I Wanna Go" and especially "Criminal" because in my opinion are the best of the album along with "Trip To Your Heart". And not being fanatic, but I think Femme Fatale has imperceptible lows. Now it's time to enjoy this record, wait for the bonus tracks and the performance on Good Morning America, the video of Till The World Ends, and something about the new tour.

Britney proves once again that doesn't need to follow trend's music to be fashionable... she creates a different vision of pop music, which few or many, will be happy to savor every melody, production stage, choruses, bridges, etc...
    The album's name does justice to the content. More mature, provocative and daring to the ears of fans and listeners.

It may not have sounded so good at first, but once I heard the album on the iPod, I was loving every song. In it we can see an evolution in relation to the last two albums because it presents a great diversity of sounds, lyrics a little more elaborated and somewhat with census, the most important thing is the fact that hasn't such a weakness noted in the recent musical works. The album in general can be very generic but it is this type of rhythm it is essential these days because the music is changing every time that passes. Overall I loved the album, however it won't be my favorite though. It has been noticed that she gave her heart for working through this fantastic album which I am very thankful and she deserves to be congratulated for this. Even though I really loved the record I feel a little disappointed for the fact that the album doesn't have any ballad.
  9. Apr 4, 2011
    Femme Fatale, in my opinion, is possibly the best album Britney Spears has released. Now granted In the Zone gave us "Toxic" and Circus, well it gave us "Womanizer" and "Circus"! But Femme Fatale is definitely up-to-date with the latest genres of music including, techno, electropop, synthpop, and even a touch of dubstep, which is new to the States (thankfully its Britney who is introducingFemme Fatale, in my opinion, is possibly the best album Britney Spears has released. Now granted In the Zone gave us "Toxic" and Circus, well it gave us "Womanizer" and "Circus"! But Femme Fatale is definitely up-to-date with the latest genres of music including, techno, electropop, synthpop, and even a touch of dubstep, which is new to the States (thankfully its Britney who is introducing dubstep to us!). Some of the hallmarks of the albums has to be:
    I Wanna Go: a very upbeat, catchy tune with lots of autotune and bounce! This song is definitely radio worthy and I feel it has potential to be the popular song of Summer 2011! When the song starts it just makes you want to get up and dance and sing along to it! It's a great song and is probably the best song on the album!

Trip To Your Heart: Very dancy tune, with lots of catchy beats and an awesome chorus melody! Trip to Your Heart is probably one of the sweetest songs on "Femme Fatale" and, in my opinion, sounds like something that Britney would've sung on "...Baby One More Time" or "Oops I Did It Again" if both of the albums were released in 2011! How I Roll: When you first hear this, you'll immediately think that this song is sexy (heavy breathing at the beginning of the song)! Like most of the songs on "Femme Fatale" it has a catchy chorus ("Because I got 9 lives like a kitty cat!") which makes it very sexy and alluring for Britney to sing! Gasoline: This song is shockingly perfect for the age in which we live in (ahem! gas prices). Gasoline is a very sexy song that fits perfectly for Spears and might I add, make gasoline sexy again!

Criminal: This song is a more ballad like song which features Britney falling in love with a criminal. Definitely, puts you in the shoes of Britney's mama! And how she would feel if Britney really were in love with a criminal. Although slow, it's a great addition to "Femme Fatale"'s lineup of nightclub dance worthy tracks

Up N Down (only available on the deluxe version): I love this song! The beats are perfect, vocals are perfect, melody is perfect, everything in this song is perfect! Definitely a song you would hum in your head! Some of the other songs with honors would include:
    Inside Out,
    Drop Dead (Beautiful),
    Seal It With A Kiss,

Now I can say the whole album is great, but there is one song that I don't particularly like, and most people can agree with me on this one, Big Fat Bass! It sounds... OK... but too much autotune and heavy beats. Will.I.Am is not at his best in this song and doesn't do a great job as he did in "The E.N.D." but despite it all, Britney's vocal are outstanding and fills the void of the not-so-great beats and "vocals" (if you would like to call them that) of Will.I.Am! Overall the album is fantastic, but leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to Big Fat Bass. Other than that, well worth every single penny. Great addition to any Britney fan's collection!
    I also suggest the Deluxe version, all of the bonus tracks are awesome, even though I didn't mention them, they're great!
  10. Nov 6, 2011
    Where is the voice of Britney? This is the first question that comes to mind when listening to this album. In a full summary of the work, it seems that Britney forgot her good old pop and electronica trend adhered to today.
  11. Mar 26, 2012
    Not as good as "Circus", "Blackout" and "In The Zone" ( in my opinion ) but however this is a good album, with an interesting dub-step that now the biggest part of pop artists uses! The best songs for me are Criminal, Seal It With A Kiss, Gasoline, Inside Out and Hold It Against Me.
  12. May 26, 2011
    The album is nice but nothing more than that. Although meaningless, "Hold It Against Me", "Inside Out", "I Wanna Go", "Gasoline" and "Criminal" are catchy and fun. However, the other tracks are forgettable.
  13. Nov 21, 2012
    This is a really bad album, full of autotune, and bad songs, all the album sounds old, the same sound as always, i just find this so boring. Thank god i dont have to hear this anymore.
  14. Mar 24, 2013
    Britney's Best Album! Till The World Ends, I Wanna Go, Drop Dead (Beautiful), And How I Roll Are My Favorite Songs!
  15. Mar 29, 2011
    Pop princess, Britney Spears came back with energy and entertaining album "Femme Fatale." Instead of defending her throne as Pop princess, she is more determined to take K$'s Queen of Clubland throne. Her voice is processed and sounds similar or much robotic than K$ or her alter-ego Blackout (2007). It's fun, danceable but it lacks Spears real persona and it relies more on her producers.Pop princess, Britney Spears came back with energy and entertaining album "Femme Fatale." Instead of defending her throne as Pop princess, she is more determined to take K$'s Queen of Clubland throne. Her voice is processed and sounds similar or much robotic than K$ or her alter-ego Blackout (2007). It's fun, danceable but it lacks Spears real persona and it relies more on her producers. The musical structure and composition is almost the same. She tries to re-invent Blackout to make it more better but I still think Blackout sounds better. Expand
  16. Mar 29, 2011
    This is Pop Gold. Pop music in its finest forms. Britney Spears may not have got involved much in this album (being the first album, including the "Chaotic" EP and even the compilations and remix album, since "...Baby One More Time" that she shared no writing credits at all, and not even being the producer this time, and that this obviously is going to a very distinct direction that "InThis is Pop Gold. Pop music in its finest forms. Britney Spears may not have got involved much in this album (being the first album, including the "Chaotic" EP and even the compilations and remix album, since "...Baby One More Time" that she shared no writing credits at all, and not even being the producer this time, and that this obviously is going to a very distinct direction that "In The Zone" and "Blackout" took. But, the album "Femme Fatale" combined catchy tunes and experienmental music under a candy-coated package. This is not pure bright like "Circus", but this is a 'bright' album indeed.

My favorites: "Till The World Ends", "Hold It Against Me", "inside Out", "I Wanna Go", "Seal It With A Kiss". Out of the bonus tracks, I like "Don't Keep Me Waiting" (although it doesn't musically fit very well with the rest of the album IMO) the most but "He About To Lose Me" is also great.

BUY IT!!!
  17. Mar 29, 2011
    Yes, Britney Spears. Maybe her voice wasn't her at all. But, dance upbeats is still full of elements that is a club banger. She is still at her style from 1998-present. TOO BAD! This album was so great. Hands up for Britney, the only musician that sticks to her music all the time. Britney was so believable at the album. No doubt! No one can replace her title: "Queen of Pop". It is soYes, Britney Spears. Maybe her voice wasn't her at all. But, dance upbeats is still full of elements that is a club banger. She is still at her style from 1998-present. TOO BAD! This album was so great. Hands up for Britney, the only musician that sticks to her music all the time. Britney was so believable at the album. No doubt! No one can replace her title: "Queen of Pop". It is so powerful and majestic, full of energy. Slip slack hits. GET READY! GAGA!!! Expand
  18. Mar 30, 2011
    If we look at any trending pop star right now, including Ke$ha, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, etc. all of their hit songs are geared towards club plays. It only makes sense that Britney would do the same thing right now. She's still building back up and I think trying to build her fan base with club-goers who wouldn't normally listen to her music. Overall, I think it's a good, dance-filled album. IsIf we look at any trending pop star right now, including Ke$ha, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, etc. all of their hit songs are geared towards club plays. It only makes sense that Britney would do the same thing right now. She's still building back up and I think trying to build her fan base with club-goers who wouldn't normally listen to her music. Overall, I think it's a good, dance-filled album. Is it her best and most creative - no. But it's still good to listen to, and I'm sure it will be even better blaring in the clubs. Expand
  19. Apr 7, 2011
    "Femme Fatale" is perfect! It's the new testament of POP music (The old testament is Blackout). Its melodys are amazing. This CD is full of vocal processing. And it is genious because Britney has the best processed voice in the world. Her voice mingles whit the perfect beat and it makes us want to hear more and more.
  20. Apr 15, 2011
    THE LEGENDARY MS. BRITNEY SPEARS PROVES SHE'S STRONGER THAN EVER AND SHE'S THE NEW QUEEN OF POP!!!!!!! FAVORITE TRACKS ARE: HIAM, INSIDE OUT, HOW I ROLL, I WANNA GO, DROP DEAD BEAUTIFUL, CRIMINAL AND GASOLINE, i love them all but these are my favs
  21. Mar 29, 2011
    Britney returns to the pop spectrum right where she left off with Blackout, continuing to be an advocate for Electro Pop's continual explosion. With hard hitting dubstep beats and an exploration of European dance music, we are treated with one excellent Dance album in Femme Fatale that is sure to leave listeners begging for more. Dare we say, the bar has been elevated? Bravo Ms. Spears, BRAVO!!!
  22. Apr 3, 2011
    I used to love Britney so much, but she has honestly gone so downhill. She doesn't write her songs, make her music, and now she doesn't even sing her own songs. Her voice is so extremely edited, and the songs are so plain. The album is nothing special, and, in my opinion, has to be her worst to date. Song by song review: Till The World Ends: 4/10 The moment I heard it, I knew it was eitherI used to love Britney so much, but she has honestly gone so downhill. She doesn't write her songs, make her music, and now she doesn't even sing her own songs. Her voice is so extremely edited, and the songs are so plain. The album is nothing special, and, in my opinion, has to be her worst to date. Song by song review: Till The World Ends: 4/10 The moment I heard it, I knew it was either written by Kesha, or a clear rip off of Kesha. As I believe Kesha has terrible songs, well, I'd obviously hate this.
    Hold It Against Me: 2/10 Sounds like a bad attempt at a dance song, and the lyrics are a bad attempt at sounding flirty.
    Inside Out: 4/10 Again, terrible lyrics. Got annoying after a few listens.
    I Wanna Go: 6.5/10 This song is REALLY close to being a decent song, but there's something about that just irks me. Clearly the next single.
    How I Roll: 6/10 Different, which is nice. The beginning turns you off, though. The first 5 seconds made me annoyed, but after I listened to the entire thing, I actually kinda liked it.
    (Drop Dead) Beautiful: 4/10 So, Till The World Ends sounded like a Kesha song, and in this song there's some chick who seems to be trying to pretend to be Kesha. If the featured girl wasn't in this, it would be an okay song, but she really turns me off.
    Seal It With a Kiss: 5/10 Once again, has potential but fails. Something about it just ... no.
    Big Fat Bass: 0/10 Dear God, what was she thinking.
    Trouble For Me: 5.5/10 First few listens, I liked it. Got boring really quickly.
    Trip To Your Heart: 6/10 One of the better songs on here. The music gets annoying after a bit, but still one of the more decent songs.
    Gasoline: 6.5/10 I hated it at first, but it's really catchy. Like other songs, it has potential to be good, but ... it just isn't.
    Criminal: 8.5/10 Hands down the best on the album. The melody is amazing, the flute is beautiful and ahh. This is the only song I keep going back to. The only song you should bother listening to.

I seriously don't know why people are still in love with her. She has done nothing creative recently, hardly making her worthy of any "Queen and/or Princess of Pop" titles. She needs to settle down and focus on her family life, because her heart's just not into her music anymore.
  23. Mar 29, 2011
    Britney's contribution to this album is minimal. On most of the songs she does not sing at all but rather chants and recites the lyrics. It is interesting that you can actually hear her sing on the songs which were NOT produced by Dr. Luke and his team, one of which is the Darkchild-produced bonus track "Don't Keep Me Waiting." Why that song, as well as "Selfish" (produced by Stargate) didBritney's contribution to this album is minimal. On most of the songs she does not sing at all but rather chants and recites the lyrics. It is interesting that you can actually hear her sing on the songs which were NOT produced by Dr. Luke and his team, one of which is the Darkchild-produced bonus track "Don't Keep Me Waiting." Why that song, as well as "Selfish" (produced by Stargate) did not make the standard edition is beyond me. Nevertheless, the album is a non-stop dance party filled with many potential Britney classics, but the lack of her involvement should not go unnoticed. Should we blame Dr. Luke for making her sound like almost like Ke$ha, or Spears herself for not "feeling it" or her management team for not letting her have her own say? This album is hardly her best but at the end of the day, it is good. Top track: Inside Out. Expand
  24. Jun 30, 2011
    The Queen of Pop is Back and better than ever! This album is her strangest yet the best album she's ever recorded. The production is amazing and the vocals are much better than circus. I wish though she wrote some of the songs but other than that the album is a masterpiece. The highlights of the album include "Till The World Ends", "Trouble Fore Me", "Criminal" and "Selfish" which isThe Queen of Pop is Back and better than ever! This album is her strangest yet the best album she's ever recorded. The production is amazing and the vocals are much better than circus. I wish though she wrote some of the songs but other than that the album is a masterpiece. The highlights of the album include "Till The World Ends", "Trouble Fore Me", "Criminal" and "Selfish" which is included on the deluxe edition. Expand
  25. Jun 29, 2011
    Ewwwww one of the crappiest thing I have ever listened to. What is she doing? This is an auto-tune MESS! No Britney this is not the album you are supposed to make, sorry.
  26. Aug 10, 2011
    e um lixo, simplesmente. as musicas sao horriveis, muito mixadas e com pouca desenvoltura vocal. uma bela porcaria.eu nao sei nem como esse cd conseguiu vender um milhao de copias.
  27. Aug 19, 2011
    Pure pop trash. Auto-tuned lazy songs with no substance. No wonder it flopped. No effort by Britney Spears. She has lost touch with her fan base and will continue to decline.
  28. Oct 8, 2011
    So this is what people call as pop music this days. I don't think Madonna would approve this new phase of Britney, and she even could lost her "Princess of Pop" rank. It's just pour electropop, with crappy lyrics, and strange beats, she just made pop for pop.
  29. Jan 17, 2012
    One of the worst and most overrated album of 2.011. It's the most basic and generic thing we had during the whole year. It's such a shame the only really good song from the album, "Criminal" flops so hard. Definitively, it is nothing that any other singer who makes generic music couldn't do. Britney is still an icon but this album passed almost unnoticed when it comes to production andOne of the worst and most overrated album of 2.011. It's the most basic and generic thing we had during the whole year. It's such a shame the only really good song from the album, "Criminal" flops so hard. Definitively, it is nothing that any other singer who makes generic music couldn't do. Britney is still an icon but this album passed almost unnoticed when it comes to production and musical creation. Expand
  30. Mar 22, 2012
    Hear all the tracks and still look the Femme Fatale of the album. Tracks repetitive, empty lyrics and a voice that seems more like a computer. Anyway, where was that Britney's Blackout?

1. May 24, 2011
    Despite a slew of hit singles and eye-popping sales figures, Britney Spears has never released an album as coherent from start to finish as her latest, Femme Fatale.
  2. The poppers keep on coming right through the bonus tracks of porn-lite funk-lite that's quirky and clever front to back.
  3. Apr 5, 2011
    Femme Fatale equips Britney with material which is strong enough to enable the original all-American Pop Princess to hold her own in such an overcrowded context.