Fever Ray - Fever Ray
8.8

Review this album

1. Sep 28, 2014
    It can be a weird album. The tone ranges from relaxing to dark or haunting throughout. One thing's for sure though is that this a unique and atmospheric piece of work that can be downright mesmerizing at times. The vocal work shows such range that it's often hard to believe that all of the tracks are sung by the same person. It's unlike anything I've ever listened to before, and shows anIt can be a weird album. The tone ranges from relaxing to dark or haunting throughout. One thing's for sure though is that this a unique and atmospheric piece of work that can be downright mesmerizing at times. The vocal work shows such range that it's often hard to believe that all of the tracks are sung by the same person. It's unlike anything I've ever listened to before, and shows an incredible high-level of quality. It's often a masterpiece that has an interesting theme dealing with children. This is an album that simply must be experienced at least once, just to take in it's creative and odd atmosphere and to experience something new. Even if it doesn't hook you I'm sure you'll at least be able to appreciate how good it sounds. My total score for the album is a 9.4/10. Expand
  2. Aug 17, 2014
    It's like Silent Shout minus Olof's synthetic tunes, plus some African tribe and Amazons feeling. Yes, it's somewhat similar to Silent Shout, but it's definitely a unique album. I like everything about it; the vocals, beats, the atmosphere; everything.

1. In lieu of an actual follow-up [to The Knife's "Silent Shout"] we get something that manages to make good on two of those three elements [of the decade’s best electronic records]. I’ll take it.
  2. She’s at her best when sticking to a palette of steel, indigo and black.
  3. This is an odd gem of a record that should be cherished in a class of its own.