8.0

Review this album

1. Jun 12, 2011
    Never understood why so many people didn't like it. My favorite album of The Strokes by far. Less catchy than Is this it, I think the lyrics are much better, the music is more complex. It contains masterpieces such as "Evening Sun", "Heart in a Cage" and "Ize of the world".
  2. Feb 7, 2012
    This is how electric guitars should be played!
  3. Dec 13, 2010
    Sure, its not as good as Is This It. But really, this album is incredible in its own right. How can you give an album with such intensity and musical brilliance a 70? Julian clears up his singing, the guitars get more complex solos and clarity to create a stunning album. Can't get enough even 4 years after relese...
  4. Mar 30, 2011
    Not as good as their first 2 albums but still has playability. But their new album is kind of bad. Like really bad. I have a headache just thinking about it.
  5. May 14, 2011
    the most underrated album of the last decade, just falls flat of a masterpiece.
    the most underrated album of the last decade, just falls flat of a masterpiece.
    maybe a little too long. isn't as fun start to finish as the first two. but the songs are equally as strong. if they'd cut the songs that aren't as good as others.namely: ask me anything and killing lies. it will just as good as the first two. though i must agree it strays a bit from the formula that made them famous. it doesn't stray to bad places
  6. Nov 17, 2011
    Like a lot of other fans of The Strokes, I really don't know why this album gets a lot of hate. FIOE has to be one of their best, maybe even on the same level as Is This It. There might be a few forgettable tracks on First Impressions, but the rest of this album is fantastic. Get it and give it multiple listens, and I promise that it will sink in and you will love it.
  7. Dec 29, 2012
    I don't understand why Is This It got so much hype. This is my favorite album by them. Apart from one okay song, every song on this album was incredible. It was a great blend of rock and alternative, with some bluesy elements to it as well.

Earth is the sound of a band coming to that inevitable realization: five patrician perfectionists who've resolved to sound sloppy, even (or especially) at the risk of fucking up. [Jan/Feb 2006, p.98]
  2. Turns out what the world was waiting for really was those that saved guitars finally making a record that truly reaped the rewards of their efforts. Is this it? OH GOD YES!
  3. First Impressions introduces some subtle new colors to the band's musical palette... but the pervasive sense of inert boredom, which has been noted as a strength in the past, is difficult to shake.