Flamingo - Brandon Flowers
8.0

Review this album

1. Oct 3, 2010
    Brilliant album! All the songs are good. Where as most albums have a couple of songs that you just simply skip over this album doesn't. My favourite album at the moment and one of my favourite of all all time.
  2. Sep 14, 2010
    Quite an overwhelming listen. Great music with just the right production. Sounds a bit like U2, could be the influence of Daniel Lanois. The combination of producers and instruments has given the music much more variety and depth compared to Day and Age which was a little one dimensional thanks to the lone production from Stuart Price. It seems that there is an evolution of his pop to more country oriented sound. I love the CD and highly recommend it to the all the people who love great singalong melodies Expand
  3. Oct 4, 2010
    Ignore the critics! Like all the music of The Killers, this album requires a second listen (or maybe even a 3rd) to truly appreciate it. Several songs contain the kind of brilliant hooks that the Killers are so adept at, which will keep you coming back for another listen. Despite being accused of writing cliché lyrics, Flowers manages to take a cliché, and, in true Vegas style, sing it with just the right tone and emphasis to make un-cliché it. There are some songs I don't care for as much as others, but the songs that stand out are good enough to make up for those that don't. Flowers shows once again that he is versatile, drawing inspiration from several genres. Again, like the albums of The Killers, Flamingo seems to be unclassifiable-by using a little bit of everything, Flowers has made a sound of his own. It isn't The Killers, although the there are echos of The Killers on every track. It is something unique that only Brandon Flowers, in his own unclassifiable way, can define. If you like The Killers, buy this album. You will be entranced by it's hooks, and compelled to, for just a moment, see the world as it must appear in the noonday sun on the Vegas strip. Expand
  4. Oct 9, 2010
    Think it's great. A good traveling album in my opinion, something to take away when you're far from home. Love most of the intros on this record, it builds well, possibly 1 or 2 fillers here and there, but the rest is good. I'd recommend this to anyone who just wants to chill out to a relaxing record of songs.

1. Flamingo finds Brandon Flowers exploring big topics (love, religion, the complicated charm of his Las Vegas hometown) over even bigger arrangements.
  2. Let's hope that Flowers isn't the next Morrissey, putting out one brilliant album for every three duds. At that rate, we only have to suffer two more Flamingos to see what Flowers is capable of producing as a solo artist.
  3. You have to take the good with the bad. It's probably the case that the good is better than you remember it and the bad is worse.