Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
8.7

Review this album

1. Feb 7, 2012
    A folk blast that has plenty to feel, plenty to hear and a warmth, tho it sounds just like my morning jacket in places, I don't know which one came first.
  2. Oct 19, 2010
    Anyone denying the strength of this album probably shouldn't be listening to it, probably shouldn't be listening to music at all. They're the same people who don't like the film 'Amelie' or the TV show 'The Wire'... it's simply a classic, and it deserves universal acclaim because it's an extraordinarily well crafted piece of culture.
  3. Mar 2, 2011
    Fleet Foxes is a wonderful record. Each song stands out for me. Robert Pecknold has the perfect voice for the melodies created in this album. The lyrics are are great and listening to this album makes me wanna grow a beard and live high up in the mountains. Each track is catchy and makes you wanna hum to it. All In All, Fleet Foxes is a wonderful album that needs to b e listened too. A-
  4. Mar 10, 2012
    This album is nothing less than a brilliant and triumphant masterwork of some of the most talented musical artists of the past decade. Every song on here is beautiful and well composed, each in its own regard. The instrumental structure is simply divine on all fronts, thus, this band ends up bringing the folk/baroque genre (if I may call it that) to a whole new level. Buy this album right now, and if you're so inclined, I suggest buying the vinyl. Expand
  5. Apr 15, 2011
    If you don't like this album it's just not for you. That is all. This album is perfectly achieved in every way. If you don't like football, don't go to a football site and just start leaving nasty "football sucks" comments everywhere. These guys are our Simon and Garfunkel, they make hauntingly perfect music paired with wonderful melodies. Their new album is due out in May. Judging from the single they've released, I shan't be disappointed. Expand
  6. Jul 10, 2011
    This is what I call an album, fun from beginning to end. A truly groundbreaking achievement in the music industry. These guys know what REAL music is all about. Truly astounding, nuff said.
  7. Nov 19, 2011
    This album is so beautiful it sometimes brings me near tears. People who dont like it dont really listen to it and absorb it. They just reject it because it is unfamiliar and something very far form the music we hear today. Just give it a listen and stay in that moment.
  8. Aug 11, 2011
    There is absolutely nothing wrong to say about this record. Perfect. Cannot recall how many times I've dreamed about Blue Ridge Mountains. This is what I call music.
  9. Nov 4, 2012
    Absolutely superb album. It does more than merely sound good - it *feels* good. There is lyrical genius scattered throughout, as well as wonderful compositions, melodies, and harmonies. I can find nothing I would consider to be a fault. An album very close to perfection. A must have.
  10. Dec 16, 2011
    Amazing full length debut. One of the albums of the 00's in my opinion and a great live band too. The first 3 tracks are classic and the rest of the album more or less keeps the stand up all the way through. Oliver James is a great closing track as well. A very mature sounding record for a debut and great to see such a talented bunch of artists get the recognition they deserved.
  11. Feb 22, 2013
    This debut by Fleet Foxes is simply astounding. Having listened to it for almost 4 years now, I cannot explain the effects it has had on me. I can only say that it truly transcends the timely and rises to the timeless. It's naturalistic, pastoral lyrics touch on universal themes and are given vibrant color by the beautiful harmonies and are accentuated even more by the instrumentals. Can't wait to see what is next for their third album. So dang great. Expand
  12. Jun 10, 2012
    This album was one of the most catchy albums I've ever listened to... Wonderful songs, great harmonics and lovely lyrics. One of the best albums of 2008, certainly.
  13. Jul 1, 2013
    Made a Metacritic account just to say how much I loved this album. Every track is an inconceivable aural delight as Robin Pecknold has an undeniable talent for taking his songs in unexpected but beautiful new directions.
  14. Dec 26, 2013
    Probably the lushest, most purely beautiful indie folk album I have ever heard, Fleet Foxes is an amazing achievement in a genre that largely gets overlooked because of country and indie pop/rock. The album would worth owning just for "White Winter Hymnal," and is made incredible by its other ten tracks, each of which are fantastic for their own reasons.

1. Helplessness Blues is one of the few things reminding me that behind the liquor stores and condominiums is a little freedom and a lot of hope.
  2. Throughout the album, the band sounds wise beyond its years, so it's not really that surprising that Fleet Foxes is such a satisfying, self-assured debut.
  3. With their self-titled debut, Fleet Foxes have attained this and have delivered one of the best albums of the year.