Flume

8.6

Review this album

1. Nov 29, 2013
    Flume is an artist that inspires your soul, chills your heart, and warms it at the same time. His music and songs will be remembered for many generations.
  2. Apr 17, 2014
    So not only does Flume put on one of the best live shows I've ever seen, but his Deluxe Edition is easily one of the best EDM/Dance albums of the past 10 years. To put it simply, his "HyperParadise" and "You and Me" remixes will keep your ears happy for many listens!
  3. Jun 5, 2015
    Both Flume the artist and the album give a damn about conventional structures and rhythms, and that's why this record is so originally fantastic.

9.3/10
  4. Oct 4, 2015
    Very solid album. Seeing him in concert was a once in a life time experience. He really knows how to construct a fun song to dance and do moly to. Flume.
  5. Jul 27, 2013
    Flume's eponymous album is a great piece of work but I won't pretend I didn't like it at first. The opening track "Sintra" originally distanced me, and I felt initially that the tracks were somewhat inconsistent. But songs like "Ezra", "Sleepless Feat. Jezzabell Doran" and in fact, "Sintra", contain a depth belied by much of the rest of the album. Though some songs felt like they wereFlume's eponymous album is a great piece of work but I won't pretend I didn't like it at first. The opening track "Sintra" originally distanced me, and I felt initially that the tracks were somewhat inconsistent. But songs like "Ezra", "Sleepless Feat. Jezzabell Doran" and in fact, "Sintra", contain a depth belied by much of the rest of the album. Though some songs felt like they were just happy and empty, I can now appreciate that Flume has a definitive style that I have not seen from another artist (maybe I'm just ignorant) that I can liken only to XXYYXX. Give this album a listen, or if you're interested enough, more, because I do think this album and Flume's style grows on you significantly. Expand
  6. Jan 9, 2014
    Flume is an impressive debut from a rising artist, but there is still some room from improvement. Personally, I found the music to be remarkably similar to the more electronic tracks of James Blake. However, unlike the works of James Blake, Flume did not manage to illicit an emotional response, and instead was simply a "fun" album to listen too. However, that does not change that theFlume is an impressive debut from a rising artist, but there is still some room from improvement. Personally, I found the music to be remarkably similar to the more electronic tracks of James Blake. However, unlike the works of James Blake, Flume did not manage to illicit an emotional response, and instead was simply a "fun" album to listen too. However, that does not change that the tracks are very jumpy (almost to fault) and creative, which gives the album a nice energy that makes the album very enjoyable to listen to while doing something else (like exercise or work around the house). Expand
  7. Aug 7, 2016
    The self-titled debut album by Flume released back in 2012 is a great, ambitious, electronic downtempo record which has plenty of positives to take from. As a producer curated album, it succeeds on many fronts; the unusual chord progressions, off-kilter instrumentation, pitch-bending as well as the heavily chopped and manipulated vocals paint a very vivid image of the sound Flume went for.The self-titled debut album by Flume released back in 2012 is a great, ambitious, electronic downtempo record which has plenty of positives to take from. As a producer curated album, it succeeds on many fronts; the unusual chord progressions, off-kilter instrumentation, pitch-bending as well as the heavily chopped and manipulated vocals paint a very vivid image of the sound Flume went for. All these characteristics amalgamate with each other to produce a fantastically fresh, unique and cohesive album with so many little elements throughout each track differing slightly to enable high replayability. Without a doubt a brilliant album. I enjoyed every track a lot but the ones in particular that I felt stood out really well include Insane, Bring You Down, What You Need, Ezra and Sleepless. Five tracks from a fifteen track album highlights how consistently great this album is. This was the album that put Flume on the map, but dare I say it his successor Skin is slightly better! Expand

1. Mar 28, 2013
    Although it toes a dangerous line of resounding too imitative of its own influences, the young producer is nonetheless well on his way to fully embracing his identity.
  2. Feb 25, 2013
    Laid back beats, a high pitched effect methodically layered within the effects, vocals, bring in the bridge then loop the beat. Arguably this is the pattern to all electronic music yet there is not much variety within this paradigm; luckily there are enough winning moments on Flume to make you forgive this.
    Streton definitely has the production chops to make a solid record. However, if he wants a great record, he needs to edit down that tracklist and sequence it for cohesion.