• Record Label: Island
  • Release Date: Dec 16, 2008
7.9

Review this album

1. Mar 19, 2012
    A very underrated album. It is more sophisticated than its predecessors and incorporates a wide variety of instruments and styles. It has clever, interesting lyrics and Stump's vocals seem to have improved over time. I love it.
  2. Jun 30, 2013
    One of the most underrated pop rock albums ever. It is varied, complex and original at the same time and Patrick Stump proves he is one of the best singers of this generation, if not the best.
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    This album is fun. It's catchy and a good experience for Fall Out Boy. Funky songs ("She's My Winona") find their place next to deep songs ("What a Catch, Donnie") and Hard-rocking tracks ("I Don't Care"). But the highlights here are some unknown tracks: "(Coffee's for Closers)" and "The (Shipped) Gold Standard". But all of them are worth checking out, like "Tiffany Blews" and "20 DollarThis album is fun. It's catchy and a good experience for Fall Out Boy. Funky songs ("She's My Winona") find their place next to deep songs ("What a Catch, Donnie") and Hard-rocking tracks ("I Don't Care"). But the highlights here are some unknown tracks: "(Coffee's for Closers)" and "The (Shipped) Gold Standard". But all of them are worth checking out, like "Tiffany Blews" and "20 Dollar Nose Bleed", collaborations with Lil Wayne and Panic! at the Disco's Brendon Urie, respectively. Probably their 2nd best album, only losing to "Save Rock and Roll". Expand
  4. Oct 30, 2012
    My favourite album of all time. They incorporate every positive influence in their arsenal and combine them all with sublime effect. Sure, they
  5. Mar 7, 2015
    Definitely one of my favorite albums by Fall Out Boy. The band transitioned well from their comparatively hardcore punk albums to this album, which one would have trouble classifying. Hits such as the edgy I Don't Care and the slow and sad What a Catch, Donnie are great. But the lesser-known songs, like Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes and (Coffee's for Closers) are my personal favorites.Definitely one of my favorite albums by Fall Out Boy. The band transitioned well from their comparatively hardcore punk albums to this album, which one would have trouble classifying. Hits such as the edgy I Don't Care and the slow and sad What a Catch, Donnie are great. But the lesser-known songs, like Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes and (Coffee's for Closers) are my personal favorites. They (along with most of the other songs) have a good sound, with catchy, well-written lyrics and quite a bit of emotional depth as well. Expand
  6. JakeH
    Jul 9, 2009
    I was worried when they cranked another album out so quickly after Infinity On High, but it for sure beats out that album. I got this CD 7 months ago and I've never gotten tired of it.
  7. KarlJ.
    Dec 16, 2008
    Definitely one of dare best albums!!some instant classics and definitely no filler!! more duets wit panic!in future please!!
  8. JamesR
    Jan 4, 2009
    This is up with some of the best albums I have listened to. It has variety whilst still being good from start to finish.
  9. KurtH
    Jan 5, 2009
    By far the best FOB album to date. The are unstoppable.
  10. ChristianV
    Jan 3, 2009
    The cd is absolutely great!!! The songs are great and greater every time i listen to the cd... i just cant get enough.. these guys really shoulve have done a cd/dvd special edition at launch time... but. well, all always its gonna be a year after the launch but its ok. the cd is awesome!! Great job from FOB!!!
  11. wills.
    Jan 6, 2009
    It was good but it wasnt as hard as their previous albums.
  12. JohnG.
    Feb 14, 2009
    Best FOB album ever. Very good background music.
  13. Sophie
    Apr 3, 2009
    Absolutely incredible album i love it not one song i dont like incredible. amazing. top class.
  14. SuleimanM.
    May 18, 2009
    For the most part, Fall Out Boy Manages to create an enjoyable album.
  15. DestinieS
    May 25, 2009
    Omg, this was such a good album,i LOVE fall out boy, especially Patrick Stump.
  16. MattF
    Dec 18, 2008
    There is not a bad song on this cd, and none of it feels like it was meant to be filler, which I've come to expect from Fall Out Boy. What I didn't expect was for some of the songs to be downright Beatles-esque (What a Catch, Donnie; America's Suitehearts). This is a rock-solid performance from Fall Out Boy, not sublime but definitely not underwhelming.
  17. DaanK
    Dec 25, 2008
    It's a great album. Good pop/punk i think the best of fall out boy. Mega great songs You sing this way that is everything. They dare also new dingne such as:strings & piano It's simple music but all so good!
  18. AnonymousMC
    Dec 31, 2008
    I was really pleased with this album. It was quite amazing
  19. BennyJ
    Dec 16, 2008
    These guys are innovators in a genre where there are so many impostors... and not afraid to change.
  20. DanielM
    Dec 19, 2008
    If I could give 6.5 I would, but I'll give them a little lee-way. I like this album, and have listened to it a few times, great pop rock, but just not as good as Infinity on High or their other previous albums. However, they do show much growth in songwriting (while not being as catchy, though that's not the end all be all of songwriting), Patrick's vocal work and variety, If I could give 6.5 I would, but I'll give them a little lee-way. I like this album, and have listened to it a few times, great pop rock, but just not as good as Infinity on High or their other previous albums. However, they do show much growth in songwriting (while not being as catchy, though that's not the end all be all of songwriting), Patrick's vocal work and variety, and general tightness. This album seems to be a shorter, soul/R&B-influenced version of From Under the Cork Tree. I look forward to the next album. Expand
  21. Katie
    Dec 26, 2008
    A brilliant album which can be relistened endlessly.

1. While Folie A Deux at times feels like the band are showing off the contents of their Rolodex, the album's standouts are so good that they will undoubtedly become standards for the band's live shows for years to come.
    This is the brightest, breeziest, giddiest record Fall Out Boy have ever made.
  3. The band have responded with their most stylistically hatstand-but-indisputably-best songs yet.