7.9

Review this album

1. Oct 2, 2012
    The beats are ripped off from other sources. The best example being Around my Way - it is a near duplicate of They Reminisce Over You. The lyrics are overly preachy and quite stale. Lupe is technically adept, but this is the Mediocre American Rap Album.
  2. Apr 9, 2013
    Extremely disappointed with this release. I guess the title mislead me. Food and Liquor was one of the best releases of the last decade. This album was nothing like the ambitious Food and Liquor. The beats were terrible and the lyrics were to focused with philosophy. Also throughout the album he had this repetitive lazy flow.

1. Oct 31, 2012
    What it proves to be is an exhilarating, uneven, thought-provoking, over-egged, over-long, lucid, barnstorming, soul-infused hip-hop album of a type that, as I may have mentioned once or twice or five times, you just don't get any more. Except, of course, you do, and here it is.
    Some of these tracks give Lupe the room to triumph... But he falters on the frivolous "Heart Donor."
  3. Oct 4, 2012
    Food & Liquor II is fine and good. It's just not The Great American Rap Album.