Forgiveness Rock Record - Broken Social Scene
8.2

Review this album

1. Oct 27, 2010
    Maybe I dont like this kind of music, but this is so inexpressive for me. This album hasnt think. External melodies pronouncedly spoil it. I am really disappointed of it. 3
  2. Dec 4, 2010
    Album of the year. Hands down. Forgiveness Rock Record is one of those album that you appreciate more and more with repeated listens. So if you haven't listened a thousands times, get on it. It isn't quite YFIIP. But it's close. And that's saying something. YFFIP is maybe the album of the decade. I love this band. I hope we don't have to wait another five years for more music.
  3. May 10, 2011
    I appreciate McEntire's production but overall he had little to work with since this IS BSS. There are some career defining tunes on this album but overall it's reach exceeds it's grasp.

1. Though clearly as replete with imagination as they are with personnel, Broken Social Scene would benefit from the attentions of a less indulgent producer.
    Their fourth full-length has certain recurring quirks: skittery hi-hats, guitar lines to whistle along to, junk poetry sneered as if into a wind chamber. Blame a new emphasis on songwriting, never their strength, over sound-making.
  3. It's fantastic, as is so much of Forgiveness Rock Record, a collation of so many talents that it's practically bursting at the seams.