8.4

Nov 1, 2001
    well done
  2. RobD
    Nov 10, 2001
    Brilliant stuff. Their best work for over ten years.
  3. PoontangJackson
    Aug 2, 2004
    This album sucks mongo ass.
  4. IainM
    Nov 3, 2001
    Yucky production and some truly dreadful lyrics. Sounds more like some sort of amalgam of the various mediocre solo projects rather than a true New Order album. Not even the actually quite good 60mph can save it. This band have seen better days.
  5. Jen
    Oct 1, 2001
    New Order's brilliant return to form proves how much magik this nifty outfit still has. Sumner's ultra-cool vocals glide effortlessly along a rockin' soundscape of delicious Hook licks, infectious basslines & dreamy synths. Guest bits by Billy Corgan & Bobby Gillespie spice up this Osbourne-tweaked album & gurantee a rollickin' good time.
  6. Mr.Dubious
    Nov 8, 2001
    Very, very strong album. While it may not be to the taste of some fans who cannot overcome their nostalgia for the 80s, it should appeal to almost everyone who does not wish NO trapped in a timewarp.
  7. TheModcon
    Oct 23, 2001
    Great stuff! Chills will be flying up and down your spine!
  8. ArnieD
    Jan 1, 2002
    Awesome!!!
  9. ArnoldK.
    Jan 17, 2002
    Joy Division hung himself, and Bernard's on prosaic, so lets forget about the lyrics, functional though they are. This is a very good pop album, with some great tracks (turn my way, crystal and the slow run wild spring to mind). Not being a NO cult member, I was suprised by how fresh and intersting this record sounded. Something borrowed, something new..
  10. akidawn
    Feb 11, 2002
    Great album. But I miss the electronic techno stuff they used have in the 80s...
  11. HenryH.
    May 25, 2002
    As fresh as Lowlife. As assure as Lowlife. As energetic as Lowlife. but much more underrated.
  12. StevenM.
    Nov 2, 2001
    Best album they've ever done by the greatest band on the planet
  13. TimM.
    Nov 25, 2001
    By far one of New Order's strongest performances. They prove with this album that they are not 80's rejects, but in fact every bit as good as the best bands of today. The album is as good as Technique.
  14. PekkaD.
    Oct 9, 2001
    Mostly excellent stuff, especially notable a "Turn Away", "Primitive Notion", "60 Miles an Hour", and I also liked "Run Wild". A word of advise though, don't pay too much attention to the lyrics...
  15. MacM.
    Oct 8, 2002
    Back and more energeised than ever before, more focused since...before Technique, more addicitve than heroin. 24 Hour Party octagenarians!
  16. TonyT.
    Aug 29, 2002
    I've been a fan of New Order since the Joy Division days, but I really haven't paid much attention to them since Technique. I'm absolutely shocked at how good this album is. With "Get Ready" New Order effortlessly pulls off sounding fresher than 99% of the stuff out there while never being anything but unmistakably New Order. Honestly, I think it's their best since I've been a fan of New Order since the Joy Division days, but I really haven't paid much attention to them since Technique. I'm absolutely shocked at how good this album is. With "Get Ready" New Order effortlessly pulls off sounding fresher than 99% of the stuff out there while never being anything but unmistakably New Order. Honestly, I think it's their best since "Power, Corruption and Lies". Expand
  17. luca
    Mar 15, 2005
    great return from pop genius New Order. Who could hav predicted it after so many years of silence? this album is really exciting and fresh, much more than most new bands
  18. RobertoF
    May 17, 2005
    It's my favorite album by the best band on Earth.
  19. CuanaD
    May 19, 2005
    I'd have to rate this as highly as PC&L, and Technique - ahead of Republic, Movement, and well ahead of Brotherhood & Lowlife. there are a bunch of great tracks here & I really only skip track 3 because of Billy Corgan's additional vocals.
  20. Dr.Hackenstein
    Nov 18, 2001
    A legendary entity releases the fire from its belly! Rock the shack!!
  21. JasperK.
    Nov 2, 2001
    Best Thing they released since Technique, my favorite track is "Primitive Notion", almost joy Division
  22. Rich
    Nov 24, 2001
    Their best album! Who would've thought...nearly 15 years after Technique!
  23. JoeT.
    Oct 13, 2001
    Wicked
  24. AestasC.
    Oct 27, 2001
    Fuckin' good!
  25. NicoG
    Jul 15, 2004
    What can I say? This album is just fantastic, from the first to the last track. I just adore it.

1. Even for fans not needing much convincing, Get Ready is a "grower," an album whose focus on sublime songcraft and introverted delivery reveals its secrets slowly and after many listens.
  2. The best tracks--"Crystal" and "Turn My Way"--sound like they were recorded in 1987.
  3. From a new band, Get Ready would seem like an accomplished if uneven effort.