• Record Label: Capitol
  • Release Date: Oct 16, 2012
8.9

Review this album

1. Nov 2, 2013
    Despite to many of her fans' disappoitment, Ferreira's debut album(s) have either been shelved or pushed back but she delivered with this small collection of exceptional songs that show that Ferreira is capable of pulling off any sound she wants to. One again, Ferreira impresses with her craft.
  2. Feb 16, 2013
    Unlike a lot of artists and bands, Sky Ferreira used the opportunity to make an EP into more of a tease and a "look what I can do" venture. It shows just how versatile, and talented, she is and this approach seemed a lot more genuine than anything else she could have done to get her name out there. I really enjoyed the alternative/folk/pop/indie sound of 'Ghost' and 'Sad Dream' but sheUnlike a lot of artists and bands, Sky Ferreira used the opportunity to make an EP into more of a tease and a "look what I can do" venture. It shows just how versatile, and talented, she is and this approach seemed a lot more genuine than anything else she could have done to get her name out there. I really enjoyed the alternative/folk/pop/indie sound of 'Ghost' and 'Sad Dream' but she shines brightest in 'Everything Is Embarrassing' and 'Lost In My Bedroom.' She also kicks ass in 'Red Lips.' She will go far creatively and successfully if she dodges the pressures of "making it big" and continues to make work she's most comfortable with. Expand
  3. Jan 15, 2015
    In Ghost, Sky shows up every single thing she owns (through a sad country ballad like "Sad Dream", a powerful "Lost In My Bedroom", a melancholic "Ghost", a fearless "Red Lips" and an emotionally brilliant "Everything Is Embarrassing"), and proves to be an impressively versatile and intelligent musician and composer.
  4. Dec 12, 2014
    I am astonished at the lack of positive reviews from critics for this EP.
    I am astonished at the lack of positive reviews from critics for this EP.
    This particular project from Sky Ferreira shows us how different she is from other pop, rock, and electronic artists. She incorporates different elements from all 3 of these genres, with an indie vibe. One of the EPs songs - entitled 'Everything Is Embarassing', is by far the greatest song on this project, followed by the alternative ballad 'Ghost'. Overall, the EP is nearly perfect. But, the mix of electronic/synthpop & rock/indie makes the EP very difficult to let "sink in", but other than that; this is an AMAZING collection of electronic, rock, and pop music. Sky Ferreira is a VERY talented artist with a very unique sound - this EP definitely solidifies that statement.

1. Nov 19, 2012
    Ghost demonstrates well enough Ferreira's versatility, certainly her stylishness, but even more than those, it shows her empathy.
  2. Nov 19, 2012
    All together, it's just another round of throwing ideas at the wall. Everything sticks, more or less. But for how long?
  3. Nov 19, 2012
    There's something inherently adolescent about an EP that veers sharply from genre to genre, each song an island, completely separate from those that precede and those that follow.