Good Girl Gone Bad

• Release Date: Jun 5, 2007
7.8

Review this album

1. Jan 29, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. HINARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pisou na Beyoncé. Expand
  2. May 22, 2015
    Super-star Rihanna stuns me crazily with this album full of great sound. "Take A Bow", "Shut Up and Drive", "Don't Stop the Music", "Disturbia", "Hate That I Love You", and "Te Amo" are well-produced.
  3. May 4, 2015
    Katy Perry bursts back onto the scene with her amazing second album that is full to the grim of the tongue-in-cheek atmosphere that got herkhkkjhjghjbnnnnn
  4. Apr 28, 2015
    Good Girl Gone Bad is definitely a step up from her previous two albums, but I guess that's not saying much since I would still only give this a 6/10. There are certainly some great songs on here (the singles, pretty much), but many of the others are fairly forgettable and don't compare to the stuff Rihanna has done since. The music is pretty varied, at least, which is sometimes nice, butGood Girl Gone Bad is definitely a step up from her previous two albums, but I guess that's not saying much since I would still only give this a 6/10. There are certainly some great songs on here (the singles, pretty much), but many of the others are fairly forgettable and don't compare to the stuff Rihanna has done since. The music is pretty varied, at least, which is sometimes nice, but it also makes for a somewhat disjointed record. Expand
  5. Apr 5, 2015
    I remember dancing Breakin' Dishes in all good parties, I think is her best single, constant good rhythm, and incredibly catchy, don't know well what are the rests of the songs of this album so note is just for that amazing single.
  6. Dec 18, 2014
    Question Existing 100/100
    Good Girl Gone Bad 100/100
  7. MDQ
    Oct 19, 2014
    Very predictable I knew in the begining it was her. I knew every step of the movie. NO surprises here. It could have been good with bettter writers. A movie does not take good to make millions. What a joke. I almost fell asleep in the beginning, and the scene where she was robbed was stupid.
  8. Nov 28, 2013
    A 45 year-old, white gay man, passionate about music, just becoming even more passionate with Rhapsody and discovering so many recent cd's, for free, with subscription, and I have to say, I am sorry i did not buy this cd when it came out so amazing dance, fun, rock on shut up and drive, etc. I love Rihanna's originality and her courage to be herself, such a wonderful, passionate cd and artist!
  9. Nov 1, 2013
    "Umbrella", the song, after which I started being totally obsessed with the girl from Barbados island.
    This album is pretty much fine, excluding the most irritating song by Rihanna so far "Push Up On Me". I just hate this track .The reason why I think so is that however it is not bad production, Rihanna's interpretation and vocal are childish. "Say It", the case is repeating in some measure. Actually, her voice during the whole album is sugary xD
  10. Aug 30, 2013
    The turning point, where Rihanna went from a pop tart to a pop star. Good Girl Gone Bad is harpooned by the signature classic, Umbrella. However it stands at the pinnacle of an album, that while crafted in a manner of perfect sequencing, works at best as a solid project lacking the punch of Umbrella. Tracks like Don't Stop the Music are essential to the prelude of electronic dance musicThe turning point, where Rihanna went from a pop tart to a pop star. Good Girl Gone Bad is harpooned by the signature classic, Umbrella. However it stands at the pinnacle of an album, that while crafted in a manner of perfect sequencing, works at best as a solid project lacking the punch of Umbrella. Tracks like Don't Stop the Music are essential to the prelude of electronic dance music that would follow in the years. But late night snoozes such as Say It or Question Existing work solely as the bones to Good Girl Gone Bad (and not as memorable classics.) Expand
  11. Aug 15, 2013
    "Good Girl Gone Bad" is the best Rihanna CD yet. It has the perfect mix of ballads and uptempo songs. My favorites are "Breakin' Dishes", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Disturbia", and "Hard".
  12. Jul 7, 2013
    Although the title says "Good Girl Gone Bad" I think that "Good Girl Gone Mainstream" would be a better one, because nothing about this album is certainly bad or even naughty. Of course there are some pseudo-sexual songs like "Push Up On Me" or "Sell Me Candy", but the CD's only bad-ass moment is the highlight of Rihanna's career "Umbrella". But besides that, "GGGB" is still a good album.Although the title says "Good Girl Gone Bad" I think that "Good Girl Gone Mainstream" would be a better one, because nothing about this album is certainly bad or even naughty. Of course there are some pseudo-sexual songs like "Push Up On Me" or "Sell Me Candy", but the CD's only bad-ass moment is the highlight of Rihanna's career "Umbrella". But besides that, "GGGB" is still a good album. Cute ballads like "Hate That I Love You", "Question Existing", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Take A Bow" and club bangers like "Don't Stop The Music" or "Disturbia" are the reason to give this album a 2nd chance,cause it's worth it!

13. Feb 5, 2013
    Rihanna at her best. She has now released 7 albums and this would have to be the highlight for me with a number of smash hits on there followed by some great album tracks as well. She put no foot wrong here.
  14. Sep 30, 2012
    Good Girl Gone Bad is a decent album by RnB star Rihanna, this album doesn't really have any bad or terrible songs, it just has songs that are much better than others and some songs just sounded bland. But overall, it is a decent album that RnB fans will surely enjoy.
  15. Mar 17, 2012
    To be honest, I would've given this album a minimum of a 6-7 rating if it weren't for the lyrics' repetitive production or lazy sleaziness. However, I find the beats perfect for a celebratory moment. But an excellent party album would be something like ABBA, The Beatles, or Disney labels; well, in my opinion anyways.
  16. Nov 21, 2011
    Overproduced, no relatable lyrics, poor voice... this is Rihanna's music. You won't miss much if you decide to skip this album, or her discography for that matter.
  17. Nov 18, 2011
    I like Rihanna, but with the exception of 5 songs, I don't really like this album. It's a decent pop record, but the sings have no substance. After a few listens I feel bored. However I will say that this album made me become a fan when it was first released.
  18. Jul 22, 2011
    This album is mostly flawless from start to finish. Songs like "Question Existing", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Sell Me Candy", "Lemme Get Dat", and a few others despratly need taken off this album. Highlights include "Hate Myself For Loving You", "Umbrella", "Push Up On Me", "Breakin' Dishes", "Shut Up And Drive", "Rehab", "If I Never See Your Face Again", "Disturbia", "Take A Bow"!
  19. May 26, 2011
    A great pop album, her best along with Rated R. Her vocals are nothing special (she isn't that talented anyway) but the production of most tracks is very good.
  20. Nov 19, 2010
    Easily her best album to date, this album has secured Rihanna in Pop's A-List. This album is pop nirvana. With collaborations to the minimum, it gives Rihanna more time to show off what she's learned since her mediocre first two releases.
  21. Aug 18, 2010
    The best album of 2007 and 2008! Awesome songs, "Umbrella", "Don't Stop the Music", "Take a Bow" and "Disturbia". Rihanna bet strong in this production, and the result was a very powerful disk, her best so far. I'm sure that the successor of Rated R will be like this, or even better!
  22. kylekyle
    Jul 15, 2008
    Seriously, this is one of the best, if not the best album of 2007. All but two of the songs of this album are great, catchy songs, worthy on anybody's portable music player!!! Rihanna really knows how to make a good album. Even the slower songs like "Lemme Get That", "Rehab", and "Good Girl Gone Bad", she still seems to make interesting and entertaining!!
  23. MusicMan
    Mar 11, 2008
    This review, I will say is very, very late. Especially with regards to the best R&B and Pop album of 2007. Rihanna delivers on every single track. There's no need to mention Umbrella, the last year's monster-hit or any of her other smash-up singles that followed (up to Don't Stop The Music) because they all packed a fiery punch, vocally, lyrically and production-wise. All This review, I will say is very, very late. Especially with regards to the best R&B and Pop album of 2007. Rihanna delivers on every single track. There's no need to mention Umbrella, the last year's monster-hit or any of her other smash-up singles that followed (up to Don't Stop The Music) because they all packed a fiery punch, vocally, lyrically and production-wise. All the Timbaland tracks, mainly Sell Me Candy are brilliant and the remainder of the album is exceptional as well. Say It, which is often criticized as a filler and as the worst song on the album actually isn't half as bad as people think it is. Give this Good Girl Gone bad a listen; you're not gonna want her to stop the music. Expand
  24. CassB.
    Jan 19, 2008
    I'm not usually into this sort of music, but I heard Umbrella and found myself loving it. So I bought the album and to my surprise everything on it was awesome.
  25. Tsoe
    Dec 19, 2007
    i would say this album is less interesting then Fergie's The Dutchess, and Gwen Stefani's Sweet Escape. The album consists of the same kind of repetative lyrics (e.g umrella-ella-ella-ella,aye-aye-aye or shut up and drive-drive-drive-drive). it forces the listeners to get so fed up with the constant annoyance that the songs would be stuck in their heads. vocally, she's not i would say this album is less interesting then Fergie's The Dutchess, and Gwen Stefani's Sweet Escape. The album consists of the same kind of repetative lyrics (e.g umrella-ella-ella-ella,aye-aye-aye or shut up and drive-drive-drive-drive). it forces the listeners to get so fed up with the constant annoyance that the songs would be stuck in their heads. vocally, she's not so strong either. Just like her effort with Unfaithful, her voice results in being reedy and thin. i would of given this album a 0 but the thumping beats of Umbrella shows a strong editing through the use of computers. Other then that all the other songles seems to have derived from Umbrella it self and appears unoriginal. Expand
  26. AC
    Aug 22, 2007
    Very, very solid album I must say from little miss hottie, Rihanna. "Sell Me Candy", "Push Up On Me", "Rehab", "Good Girl Gone Bad" and "Breakin' Dishes" are to me the standout tracks but all the songs are catchy, no fillers whatsoever. All in all, this is just a wonderful album to listen to. Really upbeat and with lots of great hooks and melodies. I highly recommend it! This is Very, very solid album I must say from little miss hottie, Rihanna. "Sell Me Candy", "Push Up On Me", "Rehab", "Good Girl Gone Bad" and "Breakin' Dishes" are to me the standout tracks but all the songs are catchy, no fillers whatsoever. All in all, this is just a wonderful album to listen to. Really upbeat and with lots of great hooks and melodies. I highly recommend it! This is going to be stuck in your head for weeks, trust me on that! Expand
  27. Thompson
    Aug 15, 2007
    Cool. That pretty much sums up this amazing album.
  28. Miguel
    Aug 15, 2007
    Much, much better than her previous two albums combined! A breath of fresh air from alot of the other R&B/Hip-Pop crap that's out there right now. Truly awesome!
  29. RuanH
    Aug 12, 2007
    A record packed with hits - ranks among r&b greats such as "Dangerously In Love" and "The Emancipation of Mimi"
  30. Drake
    Aug 2, 2007
    The best R&B album of the year!
  31. Shay
    Jul 26, 2007
    By far the catchiest album I've heard this entire year!
  32. JoseL
    Jul 23, 2007
    Awesome all the way through. Good Girl Gone Bad is a winner. I recommend it to anyone.
  33. DamienD
    Jul 19, 2007
    Great, great pop album. Has abit of everything for anyone looking for a fun album.
    Jul 15, 2007
    The album is great, and an incredible improvement form the plastic sound of A girl like me. Although the title may sound misleading, the album's name is not an attempt to categories the type of tracks on the album. There is much variation from the banging beats of Umbrella and Please don't stop the music, to the more melodic guitar strumming of Hate that I love you and Good girl The album is great, and an incredible improvement form the plastic sound of A girl like me. Although the title may sound misleading, the album's name is not an attempt to categories the type of tracks on the album. There is much variation from the banging beats of Umbrella and Please don't stop the music, to the more melodic guitar strumming of Hate that I love you and Good girl gone bad. The one downer is the fact that the best songs on the album are left down the end, making the listener underestimate the album. it's possible that a listener could overlook the last three gems on the album, simply because they are disappointed by the first few tracks (minus umbrella). Expand
  35. EdwardE
    Jul 14, 2007
    The best R&B album of this decade. It's that good.
  36. Kirby
    Jul 14, 2007
    The best album of this summer. I haven't had this much fun listening to music in quite sometime. So many cool, energetic songs from start to finish. Sell Me Candy has the potential to be the anthem of the summer. Buy this album, trust me you won't regret it.
  37. Logan
    Jul 9, 2007
    A lot better than I expected, considering I'm not into this kind of music. But Rihanna is quite the charmer, so it was hard to resist. Good Girl Gone Bad has bit of everything from R&B, Pop Rock, Funk, Reggae, Dance and some electronic. Is truly a remarkable record for her. Loaded with tons and tons of R&B jams from Rehab, Sell Me Candy, Hate That I Love You, Good Girl Gone Bad, Push A lot better than I expected, considering I'm not into this kind of music. But Rihanna is quite the charmer, so it was hard to resist. Good Girl Gone Bad has bit of everything from R&B, Pop Rock, Funk, Reggae, Dance and some electronic. Is truly a remarkable record for her. Loaded with tons and tons of R&B jams from Rehab, Sell Me Candy, Hate That I Love You, Good Girl Gone Bad, Push Up On Me, and her hit single Umbrella. Overall, terrific album from Rihanna. Expand
  38. BlakeD
    Jul 9, 2007
    By far the coolest album I've heard this summer. It's just so goddamn catchy, energetic, wild, edgy and addictive, just the way I like it. Rihanna has truly progressed tremendously both as a singer and song-writer, and she looks good doing it. Beyonce move over...the real star of R&B is right here. The best R&B album of this year, no contest.
  39. JohnS.
    Jul 8, 2007
    Aren't people tired of listening to the same over produced, emotionally & vocally void tripe masquerading as 'music'. Rihanna has constantly brought nothing new to the table and reconfirms my believe that new music these days is not even worth the listen!
  40. T
    Jun 23, 2007
    I'm really not a fan of most pop music, but the album is quite good, although very calculated. Almost any of the songs except for 1 or 2 could be singles. Rihanna has found her niche, and she is best suited for dance-type tracks rather than ballads such as "Unfaithful". This will be one of the better R&B albums of the year.
  41. dier.
    Jun 22, 2007
    Rihanna is not an artist, she is simply a cute girl that def jam found and gave her all the financial support she needed to make a hit album. She has no talent. She's no better than the singers who are on american idol for gods sakes, and at least they ahve real talent. Rihanna has to resort to repetitive choruses such as "umbrella-ella-ella-ay-ay-ay-ay" or "shut up and Rihanna is not an artist, she is simply a cute girl that def jam found and gave her all the financial support she needed to make a hit album. She has no talent. She's no better than the singers who are on american idol for gods sakes, and at least they ahve real talent. Rihanna has to resort to repetitive choruses such as "umbrella-ella-ella-ay-ay-ay-ay" or "shut up and drive-ive-ive-ive" HOW IS THAT TALENT!?!?!? Again we should thank the producers of this album for making it work around a singer with no talent, because that IS impressive. Repetitive hooks DO NOT = good album. This CD is like a headache on repeat. I would rather somebody fart in my ear for 1 hour than listen to ANYTHING Rihanna has to say. And for you people talking about "dem haters" just do not know good music. Go turn on your radios and listen to EVERYTHING that comes out of it and automatically assume its good. Because that is obviously the type of fans Rihanna is relying on. You people who don't form your own opinions but allow record execs to do it for you. Mindless idiots THIS ALBUM IS AWFUL. Expand
  42. nancym.
    Jun 21, 2007
    This is easily Rihanna's high point thus far in her freakishly sucessful career. The ablum is well-rounded with infectious beats and in-your-face lyrics. 3 top tracks: 1 umbrella, 2 shut up and drive, 3 breakin' dishes
  43. AlfredoM
    Jun 20, 2007
    Way better that her previous records!!. "Don't Stop The Music" and "Sell Me Candy" are outstanding!!.SO MUCH FUN!!
  44. TomS
    Jun 19, 2007
    unlike other users who've rated this zero based on Umbrella without listening to the album, i've listened to it start to finish and it's great, only one dud track and that's the bland 'Say It'. Rihanna may not have the best voice, but she knows how to work what she's got, especially on guaranteed hits (and next singles) Shut Up And Drive, and Don't unlike other users who've rated this zero based on Umbrella without listening to the album, i've listened to it start to finish and it's great, only one dud track and that's the bland 'Say It'. Rihanna may not have the best voice, but she knows how to work what she's got, especially on guaranteed hits (and next singles) Shut Up And Drive, and Don't Stop The Music. Even the slower songs work well, with Rehab and Good Girl Gone Bad being among the best tracks on the CD. This is the kind of album that the likes of Beyonce should be making but aren't, and Rihanna's edging ahead of them, in terms of music quality anyway. Expand
  45. AlexiaF
    Jun 18, 2007
    I would have to say its the very best of her 3 albums!! Way to go girl! Don't lidten to "Dem Haters"
  46. FábioN
    Jun 15, 2007
    Rhianna is fantastic.
  47. Dave
    Jun 13, 2007
    this album is really good and these types of songs really suit her
  48. JeffN.
    Jun 12, 2007
    "Good Girl Gone Bad" will not stand among 2007's best albums, or best R&B albums, for that matter. In truth, it features primarily superficial subject matter, and Rihanna can't manage to fully reign supreme, as sizzling production often muffles her very attempts to reveal her authentic voice. But Ms. Fenty's earned herself several dazzlers for her album's effort; there "Good Girl Gone Bad" will not stand among 2007's best albums, or best R&B albums, for that matter. In truth, it features primarily superficial subject matter, and Rihanna can't manage to fully reign supreme, as sizzling production often muffles her very attempts to reveal her authentic voice. But Ms. Fenty's earned herself several dazzlers for her album's effort; there are actually moments where one can hear something remarkable from the beauty. She's got a long way to go, vocally (JoJo, four years her junior, trumps her) and artistically (she hasn't written or arranged anything herself, and she fails to completely shine in any one producer's direction). Regardless, she's still loveable, and she's still just nineteen. With three albums tucked away, here's hoping Robyn'll rest for a while and enjoy the arena of life, which will have her woodshedding and answering the queries of "Question Existing--" "Who am I living for?" "Is this my limit?" No friggin' way. "Can I endure some more?" To that, I am anxious to hear the answer. Expand
  49. ClintM
    Jun 12, 2007
    Absolutely LOVE it. 4 of the first 5 songs are a guaranteed hits! And there plenty of others to keep the party going! I knew Rihanna had it in her to come out w/this album and I must say ... I'm so glad she did!
  50. DenisS
    Best of the year!
  51. ChristopherM
    Jun 11, 2007
    This album definitely outdid all of my expectations. Rihanna has finally started to sound like a mature woman with a strong voice and quite a great career in front of her. Keep it up!
  52. FatimaI
    Jun 10, 2007
    I think people are afraid to give Rihanna the credit she deserves. This is surprisingly a great album, made even more impressive when you realize how far she has come in 2 years. Umbrella, Breakin' Dishes, and Sell Me Candy are my songs for the summer. Whatever critics may think.
  53. J?
    Jun 10, 2007
    If Umbrella is anything 2 go by, den this album will be the most overated thing ever on CD
  54. fredrice
    Jun 7, 2007
    Impressive!!
  55. taraji
    Jun 7, 2007
    Surprising a great musical treat best song on here 'Sell Me Candy'

1. This CD sounds as if it were scientifically engineered to deliver hits.
  2. Billboard
    Focusing more on catchy hooks and Fergie-style chants than lyrics helps disguise her vocal limitations. [9 Jun 2007]
  3. Rihanna works with edgier and wittier verse than on her two previous albums.