7.7

Review this album

1. Jul 22, 2011
    This album is mostly flawless from start to finish. Songs like "Question Existing", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Sell Me Candy", "Lemme Get Dat", and a few others despratly need taken off this album. Highlights include "Hate Myself For Loving You", "Umbrella", "Push Up On Me", "Breakin' Dishes", "Shut Up And Drive", "Rehab", "If I Never See Your Face Again", "Disturbia", "Take A Bow"!
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    Overproduced, no relatable lyrics, poor voice... this is Rihanna's music. You won't miss much if you decide to skip this album, or her discography for that matter.
  3. Aug 18, 2010
    The best album of 2007 and 2008! Awesome songs, "Umbrella", "Don't Stop the Music", "Take a Bow" and "Disturbia". Rihanna bet strong in this production, and the result was a very powerful disk, her best so far. I'm sure that the successor of Rated R will be like this, or even better!
  4. Nov 19, 2010
    Easily her best album to date, this album has secured Rihanna in Pop's A-List. This album is pop nirvana. With collaborations to the minimum, it gives Rihanna more time to show off what she's learned since her mediocre first two releases.
  5. May 26, 2011
    A great pop album, her best along with Rated R. Her vocals are nothing special (she isn't that talented anyway) but the production of most tracks is very good.
  6. Sep 30, 2012
    Good Girl Gone Bad is a decent album by RnB star Rihanna, this album doesn't really have any bad or terrible songs, it just has songs that are much better than others and some songs just sounded bland. But overall, it is a decent album that RnB fans will surely enjoy.
  7. Nov 18, 2011
    I like Rihanna, but with the exception of 5 songs, I don't really like this album. It's a decent pop record, but the sings have no substance. After a few listens I feel bored. However I will say that this album made me become a fan when it was first released.
  8. Mar 17, 2012
    To be honest, I would've given this album a minimum of a 6-7 rating if it weren't for the lyrics' repetitive production or lazy sleaziness. However, I find the beats perfect for a celebratory moment. But an excellent party album would be something like ABBA, The Beatles, or Disney labels; well, in my opinion anyways.
  9. Feb 5, 2013
    Rihanna at her best. She has now released 7 albums and this would have to be the highlight for me with a number of smash hits on there followed by some great album tracks as well. She put no foot wrong here.
  10. Jul 7, 2013
    Although the title says "Good Girl Gone Bad" I think that "Good Girl Gone Mainstream" would be a better one, because nothing about this album is certainly bad or even naughty. Of course there are some pseudo-sexual songs like "Push Up On Me" or "Sell Me Candy", but the CD's only bad-ass moment is the highlight of Rihanna's career "Umbrella". But besides that, "GGGB" is still a good album.Although the title says "Good Girl Gone Bad" I think that "Good Girl Gone Mainstream" would be a better one, because nothing about this album is certainly bad or even naughty. Of course there are some pseudo-sexual songs like "Push Up On Me" or "Sell Me Candy", but the CD's only bad-ass moment is the highlight of Rihanna's career "Umbrella". But besides that, "GGGB" is still a good album. Cute ballads like "Hate That I Love You", "Question Existing", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Take A Bow" and club bangers like "Don't Stop The Music" or "Disturbia" are the reason to give this album a 2nd chance,cause it's worth it!

11. Aug 15, 2013
    "Good Girl Gone Bad" is the best Rihanna CD yet. It has the perfect mix of ballads and uptempo songs. My favorites are "Breakin' Dishes", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Disturbia", and "Hard".
  12. Aug 30, 2013
    The turning point, where Rihanna went from a pop tart to a pop star. Good Girl Gone Bad is harpooned by the signature classic, Umbrella. However it stands at the pinnacle of an album, that while crafted in a manner of perfect sequencing, works at best as a solid project lacking the punch of Umbrella. Tracks like Don't Stop the Music are essential to the prelude of electronic dance musicThe turning point, where Rihanna went from a pop tart to a pop star. Good Girl Gone Bad is harpooned by the signature classic, Umbrella. However it stands at the pinnacle of an album, that while crafted in a manner of perfect sequencing, works at best as a solid project lacking the punch of Umbrella. Tracks like Don't Stop the Music are essential to the prelude of electronic dance music that would follow in the years. But late night snoozes such as Say It or Question Existing work solely as the bones to Good Girl Gone Bad (and not as memorable classics.) Expand
  13. Nov 1, 2013
    "Umbrella", the song, after which I started being totally obsessed with the girl from Barbados island.
    This album is pretty much fine, excluding the most irritating song by Rihanna so far "Push Up On Me". I just hate this track .The reason why I think so is that however it is not bad production, Rihanna's interpretation and vocal are childish. "Say It", the case is repeating in some measure. Actually, her voice during the whole album is sugary xD
  14. Nov 28, 2013
    A 45 year-old, white gay man, passionate about music, just becoming even more passionate with Rhapsody and discovering so many recent cd's, for free, with subscription, and I have to say, I am sorry i did not buy this cd when it came out so amazing dance, fun, rock on shut up and drive, etc. I love Rihanna's originality and her courage to be herself, such a wonderful, passionate cd and artist!
  15. Dec 6, 2013
    One of Rihanna's best albums so far with great songs that all stand out individually bar one which feels more in place with her first two albums in comparison 'Lemme Get That', however that is really the only criticism. The standout tracks have to be 'Umbrella', 'Hate That I Love You' and 'Good Girl Gone Bad'. But considering that by averaging out the 16 songs scores on the ReloadedOne of Rihanna's best albums so far with great songs that all stand out individually bar one which feels more in place with her first two albums in comparison 'Lemme Get That', however that is really the only criticism. The standout tracks have to be 'Umbrella', 'Hate That I Love You' and 'Good Girl Gone Bad'. But considering that by averaging out the 16 songs scores on the Reloaded edition I got 8.44 it shows that this album is actually pretty good. Expand
  16. MDQ
    Oct 19, 2014
    Very predictable I knew in the begining it was her. I knew every step of the movie. NO surprises here. It could have been good with bettter writers. A movie does not take good to make millions. What a joke. I almost fell asleep in the beginning, and the scene where she was robbed was stupid.

1. This CD sounds as if it were scientifically engineered to deliver hits.
  2. Focusing more on catchy hooks and Fergie-style chants than lyrics helps disguise her vocal limitations. [9 Jun 2007]
  3. Rihanna works with edgier and wittier verse than on her two previous albums.