Goodbye Lullaby - Avril Lavigne
7.4

Review this album

1. Nov 1, 2013
    This album has some slow parts but most of it is very beautifully done and the closing track, Goodbye, in particular is beautiful. You can tell that Lavigne put more effort into that one track than any other track if not all her tracks combined. If at the very least you don't like Goodbye, one thing you have to appreciate is the effort that was put into it because the effort wasThis album has some slow parts but most of it is very beautifully done and the closing track, Goodbye, in particular is beautiful. You can tell that Lavigne put more effort into that one track than any other track if not all her tracks combined. If at the very least you don't like Goodbye, one thing you have to appreciate is the effort that was put into it because the effort was extraordinary and in my opinion pays off. Expand
  2. Feb 16, 2013
    Definitely Avril declined sharply with her ​​new album 'Goodbye Lullaby' is nothing more than childish lyrics, simple chords and little variation. But, the great voice of this little girl, makes the album stand at least bearable.
  3. Mar 17, 2014
    An okay album. Eeeeh, when Avril said before this album was released that this time it's going to be deep in contrast with TBDT (which I think, is a really terrible album), I thought she was going back to her Under My Skin days... only a lot more pop. But no. I don't think that this album came out the way she wanted it to. I have to say that the album showed only little genuine emotionsAn okay album. Eeeeh, when Avril said before this album was released that this time it's going to be deep in contrast with TBDT (which I think, is a really terrible album), I thought she was going back to her Under My Skin days... only a lot more pop. But no. I don't think that this album came out the way she wanted it to. I have to say that the album showed only little genuine emotions and sincerity no matter how "deep" it sounds. I dunno. Also the progression of the songs in the other half of the album was for me, bad. It became too dull in contrast with its fresh start. However, some songs stood out in the dullness ("Wish You Were Here", "What The Hell", "Smile"). This album's good, well, at least it is better than her fifth album though and of course, her third.. Expand
  4. Apr 2, 2011
    To be honest, I was moved on how emotional the tracks on the record. The only problem is "What the Hell" was chosen as the lead single which does not represent the record. I was even happy that it does not sound "What the Hell" because it will just be a repeat of her 2007-hit album. You just can't find if it sounds good or not because its really emotional with her voice, the piano, andTo be honest, I was moved on how emotional the tracks on the record. The only problem is "What the Hell" was chosen as the lead single which does not represent the record. I was even happy that it does not sound "What the Hell" because it will just be a repeat of her 2007-hit album. You just can't find if it sounds good or not because its really emotional with her voice, the piano, and acoustic guitar. It's not boring but it's not just the trend today. Expand
  5. Nov 1, 2011
    As a confession, Goodbye Lullaby, moves us from start to finish, with some exceptions more commercial. The ballads can mess with our inner ears and make us vibrate, perhaps not with the same intensity or I'm With You Nobody's Home, in the general context is a great album, no better than their previous, but good.
  6. Sep 22, 2014
    What The Hell Avril? Pode até ter ótimas letras e essas coisas assim mas esse álbum encerrou a Avril no rock e deu a marca dela no pop, eca, lixo. Pop comercial e meloso, esperava muito mais desse álbum, afinal, todos os fãs esperavam algo dark rock 'n' roll pra depois de uma pausa de 4 anos. Melhore, Avril.
  7. May 11, 2012
    There are a lot of good songs on this album but there aren't any amazing songs; "I Love You" and "Smile" are both very solid pop songs, while "Stop Standing There" approaches Lavigne's usual pop-rock style from a different angle, with "Everybody Hurts" and "Not Enough" taking on the role of the resident emo ballads, but none of these songs match "Complicated" or "My Happy Ending" orThere are a lot of good songs on this album but there aren't any amazing songs; "I Love You" and "Smile" are both very solid pop songs, while "Stop Standing There" approaches Lavigne's usual pop-rock style from a different angle, with "Everybody Hurts" and "Not Enough" taking on the role of the resident emo ballads, but none of these songs match "Complicated" or "My Happy Ending" or "Girlfriend" from Lavigne's previous albums. There are some just plain forgettable songs like "4 Real" and the intro "Black Star", the latter being a tired concept that Lavigne seems to want to squeeze into every project she attempts. It didn't help either that Lavigne's record company (who she has now parted from) were breathing down her neck trying to force her to give us clones of some of her previous hits - we get this in the forms of "What The Hell" and "Wish You Were Here", both very generic, repetitive pop songs that have been released as singles, giving an unfair, innaccurate insight into the album.

There is however clear musical growth from Lavigne. She produced two tracks herself and wrote half of the album entirely on her own, the rest being co-written with and produced by close friends and previous musical associates. The album isn't trying to be 'upbeat' or 'sad' - it's just trying to convey a bittersweet concept of Lavigne's divorce as well as her new love. This is best shown by the delicate, albeit repetitive, "Goodbye" and the Alanis-like, demanding "Push". Lavigne's solo efforts are musically quite dull but are saved by her raw emotion, her expert knowledge of pop-hooks and her confident vocals, with highlights being the acoustic "Darlin" and the retro "Stop Standing There". Lavigne is still struggling, however, to produce interesting lyrics, although her predictable, juvenile rhymes are a steady improvement compared to her last introspective album, 'Under My Skin'. Still, I can't help thinking that she could stand to be a little more honest with herself and be a little more brutal and analytical regarding the break-down of her marriage, which we only get teasing hints of on "Not Enough".

It's the pop-factory, Max Martin, material that really livens up 'Goodbye Lullaby', yet at the same time it's what overshadows and belittles the rest of the album and prevents Lavigne progressing and trying anything new. This album seems to be focussed more around the physical songwriting of each song rather than making an enjoyable collection of songs.
  8. Aug 23, 2014
    Even though there are several songs that resemble her past, the whole album sounds more like an unfortunate patterned creation, rather than what would be expected from a "rock star", leading Avril to a pop-addicted marionette image.
  9. Aug 23, 2011
    Avril Lavigne has been able to successfully change her appearance as the years pass as well as project very different feels for each album released but musically and artistically she hasn't GROWN. The main concern I have is that Avril writing hasn't really gotten any better since her debut. She tried releasing her first real mature (and not the faux-mature she claimed her angst-riddenAvril Lavigne has been able to successfully change her appearance as the years pass as well as project very different feels for each album released but musically and artistically she hasn't GROWN. The main concern I have is that Avril writing hasn't really gotten any better since her debut. She tried releasing her first real mature (and not the faux-mature she claimed her angst-ridden Under My Skin was) album and it kinda didn't deliver. Under pressure from her label there was a few radio friendly pop songs thrown in which kills the over all mood Goodbye Lullaby was supposed to have. It would've been more coherent without those songs (What The Hell, and Smile) but it wouldn't have saved the album. The mediocre childish lyrics of "I Love You" and "4Real" are perfect examples on why this album didn't meet it's potential. The only moment Avril really shines is on "Not Enough." It's a pretty disappointing album from a voice that has so much potential. Expand
  10. Apr 20, 2011
    This is just BARELY, BARELY, BARELY, a good album. The main problem with this album is that almost all of the tracks use the same note progression (Pachelbel's Canon or whatever), which makes the all sound the same. In fact, if you had an instrumental of this album, you'd feel like every song was the same one.

But the good things about this album are that Lavigne is more introspective

But the good things about this album are that Lavigne is more introspective about her life & music. "What the Hell" is like a clone of her lead single from her predecessor, but mostly the album is slow. Another highlight are the two key tracks: "Smile", & "Goodbye". "Smile" is a punky, fast, song, but it is a memorable track that is not as generic as the other melodies on this album. "Goodbye" is a huge standout, as it displays angelic vocals of Lavigne, & is arguably the most emotional song on the entire album. "Alice" whose extended version is a bonus track on this album, is also nice to listen to, as Lavigne gives an unusually powerful vocal performance during the song. But the main two tracks that make this album good are "Smile" & "Goodbye". I wish she wouldn't release the most upbeat tracks from the album as singles, because that will make many people think that the album is faster. It's not that much of a fast album. It's mostly slow.
  11. Mar 8, 2011
    Pop punk princess Lavigne has enchanting vocal chords and breathtaking talent, but throughout Goodbye Lullaby, there's a notorious struggle. The most simple critique is that all of her tracks sound the same. None of them "spark". But the greater problem is how real the tracks are. Lavigne constantly bragged about how "acoustic" Goodbye Lullaby was going to be. However, her lead single,Pop punk princess Lavigne has enchanting vocal chords and breathtaking talent, but throughout Goodbye Lullaby, there's a notorious struggle. The most simple critique is that all of her tracks sound the same. None of them "spark". But the greater problem is how real the tracks are. Lavigne constantly bragged about how "acoustic" Goodbye Lullaby was going to be. However, her lead single, "What The Hell", is nearly a complete clone of her lead single from her predecessor, The Best Damn Thing. The lyrics are merely shuffled and have no connection with the rest of Goodbye Lullaby. The finale track, "Goodbye", is the the only highlight, featuring Lavigne's angelic vocals accompanied by Evanescence-style piano and strings. But it's a mere sparkle, and cannot shine any light on this rainy parade.

I'll always respect Lavigne as an artist, and I hope that she'll eventually find her "true self". But Goodbye Lullaby is conflicted between sounding mainstream and alternative. I'd prefer Lavigne to find her old roots, and possibly express them in a newer way. But Goodbye Lullaby is the "same ol', same ol'".
  12. Oct 27, 2011
    Lavigne's biggest flaw in Goodbye Lullaby is her refusal to mature herself or her music. From its lack of cohesion - primarily due to Lavigne's indecision to make it a poppy record or an acoustic rock record - to its witless, filthy mouthed lyrics. The only redeeming quality in Goodbye Lullaby is Lavigne's doubtless vocals.
  13. Jun 22, 2011
    POSITIVE - She has matured some what, her songwriting has definatly taken a more serious path. Although 'What The Hell' still has that bubblegum rock feel, which may sound odd, but it's worked for her until now. NEGATIVE - Basically i found the entire album boring. It's such a shame really, although you can see how much work she has put in the output fails to deliver. Nothing stands out,POSITIVE - She has matured some what, her songwriting has definatly taken a more serious path. Although 'What The Hell' still has that bubblegum rock feel, which may sound odd, but it's worked for her until now. NEGATIVE - Basically i found the entire album boring. It's such a shame really, although you can see how much work she has put in the output fails to deliver. Nothing stands out, other than 'What The Hell' which compared to the rest of the album feels some what out of place. To be quite honest i'm not going to sit here telling you why i think it's bad, because this review is more of a personal opinion, i can see why some people may have praised it, but sadly, it just didn't work for me.
    OVERALL - A lacking album with no umff, not bad, not good...just, well, a record.
  14. Apr 25, 2014
  15. Dec 16, 2012
    Lavigne's decision to grow up on this record was misunderstood by many. This is a record that, differently form her previous efforts, has its own moments, and it's made of of these moments. She is happy, she is in love, she is sad, she is commercial, she is letting go. This should be called "The Diary of Avril Lavigne", she just gets so sincere and so personal in here, and many peopleLavigne's decision to grow up on this record was misunderstood by many. This is a record that, differently form her previous efforts, has its own moments, and it's made of of these moments. She is happy, she is in love, she is sad, she is commercial, she is letting go. This should be called "The Diary of Avril Lavigne", she just gets so sincere and so personal in here, and many people weren't able to get this. Avril has already opened herself up on another record (Under My Skin ages), but that was an aggressive side of hers, this time, she's just sweeter than ever, showing herself off just like she did on her sophomore effort, but this time, with something called "vulnerability". Avril's tracks on this record sound all acoustic, except for the commercial-intended lead single "What The Hell" and the happiness anthem "Smile", which is, probably, the best track on the album, and this may sound a little strange for older fans, and some track may sound a little mellow, as happened with "I Love You", but some come out as really awesome and emotional songs, like "Wish You Were Here". "Stop Standing There" is an acoustic, fast and funny track that I felt that was missing on this record, it comes as the second best track for me, and "Goodbye" is just a perfect poem that was made into music. Not really amazing as a song, but really interesting on its lyrics. "Not Enough", "Everybody Hurts", "Remember When", "Darlin", "Push" and "4 Real" are nice tracks, but below the level of "Smile", "What The Hell", "Wish You Were Here" and "Stop Standing There". So, enjoy your moments, enjoy the album's moments, and get inside the deepest part of Avril Lavigne. Expand
  16. Mar 8, 2011
    One of the best pop albums I've heard in years - this genre of acoustic pop definitely suits Lavigne's vocal style and songwriting. A refreshing change to listen to real instrumentation and real vocals amongst the current trend of autotuned, techno dance pop. A very personal record for Lavigne, which shows in tracks like Remember When and Goodbye. Can't pick a major flaw really - loveOne of the best pop albums I've heard in years - this genre of acoustic pop definitely suits Lavigne's vocal style and songwriting. A refreshing change to listen to real instrumentation and real vocals amongst the current trend of autotuned, techno dance pop. A very personal record for Lavigne, which shows in tracks like Remember When and Goodbye. Can't pick a major flaw really - love the whole record! Highlights for me are I Love You, Not Enough, Push, Stop Standing There and Smile. Expand
  17. Mar 8, 2011
    Good Album, but a little too dull in the middle, anyway it's still a gd album and she finally put her own feelings in the album, well done, Avril!! Keep Going, this is ur best album!!~
  18. Mar 12, 2011
    Avril Lavigne is too immature to be taken seriously. She tries to sound like she is deep but the generic love lyrics here prove her to be incapable of such emotions. Even if you watch videos of her in real life you can see she is still a child. Here she sings in a very monochromatic way that makes half the songs indistinguishable from each other. The upbeat songs, particularly What theAvril Lavigne is too immature to be taken seriously. She tries to sound like she is deep but the generic love lyrics here prove her to be incapable of such emotions. Even if you watch videos of her in real life you can see she is still a child. Here she sings in a very monochromatic way that makes half the songs indistinguishable from each other. The upbeat songs, particularly What the Hell, is just a sluts anthem but she wants it to be seen as a song about personal freedom. Some of the songs are affecting but they are drowned out by the generic love pop songs and weak vocal range. Easily the weakest release of her career and until she matures I don't see her making any authentic love albums any time soon. Expand
  19. Mar 15, 2011
    Can't express how bad it is. It is as awful as watching a person falling from a building screaming WHAT THE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL. What the hell indeed.
  20. May 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 10.0 A perfect return for Avril.Goodbye Lullaby have a acoustic sound with a power pop and punk genre.Love Everybody Hurt,Smile,Not Enough,Goodbye and Darlin Expand
  21. Jun 18, 2012
    Simple, small and emotional, but there's no deep feeling as it seem to have.
    Anyway, it's a great album full of amazing songs. Only it's not her best moment.
  22. Mar 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O melhor album dela, maduro e com um vocal perfeito.. o melhor pop da atualidade.. depois de quatro anos de espera ela surpreendeu a mim, e a maioria dos fãs...
    Optimum album of it, mature and with vocal a perfect one. better pop of the present time.
  23. Mar 13, 2011
    Is is a good comeback album after 4 years. People may expect a much different approach, it is not. It is a continuity and growth process keeping her soul, emotional and a bit less troubled voice. She is growing. When hearing her, i still feel that she has a lot to be said. She sounds less angry, comes with the age... but continues to sound as mellow as before. Very nicely produced and aIs is a good comeback album after 4 years. People may expect a much different approach, it is not. It is a continuity and growth process keeping her soul, emotional and a bit less troubled voice. She is growing. When hearing her, i still feel that she has a lot to be said. She sounds less angry, comes with the age... but continues to sound as mellow as before. Very nicely produced and a very good sound engineering. Expand
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    I love this record... It's a very romantic and sweet album, songs like Darlin', Everybody Hurts, Wish You Were Here, I Love You, Push, Not Enough and Smile are so well edited (lyrically, vocally and musically) that made me love this record very very much than her previous works, especially The Best Damn Thing record
  25. Feb 16, 2014
    Avril Lavigne's fourth offering, 'Goodbye Lullaby', aimed to show a more personal side to the singer, released after a four-year absence. With 'The Best Damn Thing' still fresh in people's minds, it could be forgiven that fans wanted, and expected, more of the same infectious songs that emanated from her 2007 release. I am an Avril Lavigne fan, verging on being a 'Little Black Star', and IAvril Lavigne's fourth offering, 'Goodbye Lullaby', aimed to show a more personal side to the singer, released after a four-year absence. With 'The Best Damn Thing' still fresh in people's minds, it could be forgiven that fans wanted, and expected, more of the same infectious songs that emanated from her 2007 release. I am an Avril Lavigne fan, verging on being a 'Little Black Star', and I respect and admire her music and her work. This particular album was a dramatic change from anything she had released before, stripping her songs of the production make-up, instead bringing her voice to the forefront, and here is the biggest compliment within this review: Avril Lavigne's voice is beautiful. From the very first track, 'Black Star', Avril's voice demands, and captures, your attention. The lead single, 'What the Hell', continues this trend, albeit matched with many various instruments. What is undeniable, as the chorus begins, lies in her dramatic vocal range, soaring through the octaves as if it was a simple vocal exercise. 'Wish You Were Here' too, provides the highest vocal register on the entire album, adding an exclamation mark to the fearsome wish to be with the love of her life. As we delve further into the album, 'I Love You', 'Push' and 'Goodbye' showcases the raw emotion Avril was aiming to deliver, showcasing her diversity when it comes to providing many different versions of a single theme, similar to 'Under my Skin'. But from here, things begin to stabilize. That's not to say anything she provides is terrible, or even bad, but little flaws take the shine off an otherwise great album. The lyrics for 'Stop Standing There', for example, are the weakest within the entire album, it's introduction doing little to attract the listener in, even if the chorus is satisfactory. Once again arriving at 'Black Star', it comes as a disappointment that this song was not developed beyond an introduction. To me, this song provided the most potential, yet the repetitive lyrics and it's stunted growth worked against it, even if Avril's voice complimented it's composition perfectly. 'Wish You Were Here', meanwhile, would have benefited greatly if it was arranged differently when it came to instrumentation. The lyrics and voice were exceptional, but it was what they were wrapped in that made the song a little stale. 'Goodbye' picks the album up, removing any flaws that had been previously mentioned, while 'Alice', the hidden track, shows just how temporary this album's flaws are, increasing it's standard dramatically, even if technically it belongs more within 'Almost Alice' than it does within 'Goodbye Lullaby'.

This album, then, is far from perfect. There are problems, both in production and in lyrics, that hinder it's popularity, and yet, it's high notes just about make up for them. Avril Lavigne's most personal album yet will make a worthy addition to anyone's collection, but there are more expressive, better crafted albums out there, including Lavigne's own work, that fulfill the same brief.
  26. Apr 14, 2011
    Avril Lavigne is authentic in her album's, and goodbye lullaby is a mature process of her career, she back to her old times with this album, this is not a funny album, is more emotional, deeper, is Avril in the best essence, finally one album where the electropop not appears! Thanks God!
  27. Nov 3, 2011
    I can't get enough of it, I just kept listen to it and I wish people could see the real feelings in this and see how great artist she is, the vocals in this record are just unbelievable and the songs she wrote on her own are so good, she still got it. It is helpful to know you have 4 records to listen and feel something different with each record.
  28. Mar 12, 2011
    Avril lavigne has her best album so far! I've been a fan of hers since 2002 and I've always loved all of her albums but this one is simply the best... a MUST buy! you're gonna love it for sure
  29. Mar 15, 2011
    Avril has always had a tough way of putting her words. Some of her songs just being fun, head-banging rock songs, while others expressed personal relationships with people and how she felt about their opinions. Her punkish style continues in "Goodbye Lullaby", but after two years of quiet I expected Avril to come out with a more mature rock style--after hearing "What the Hell" it isAvril has always had a tough way of putting her words. Some of her songs just being fun, head-banging rock songs, while others expressed personal relationships with people and how she felt about their opinions. Her punkish style continues in "Goodbye Lullaby", but after two years of quiet I expected Avril to come out with a more mature rock style--after hearing "What the Hell" it is obvious she is still a child. But that is not why her newest album has not been as enjoyable. I was saddened that her music was just like many other recent top hits--"What the Hell"reflects Ke$ha's party-tude, which is fun--but already done. I, personally, respected Avril for her original piano and beats. Has she lost her composing skills? I can just imagine the top-hit lyric and music writers advising her about what other past songs used to get high scores in music ratings. "Bad Reputation" has the same electric guitar-based alternative rock as the popular Ramones. Avril has gone from life and music-loving punk teen to every other fame-seeking celebrity. Expand
  30. Mar 27, 2011
    AMAZING album.

and different to what music is now, she took a risk and we should appreciate that. 'cause she even fight against her record label and they finally release it after 2 years! I really hope she can smash with this album as she has done with her previous ones. 'What the Hell' and 'Smile' are good singles that can fit on today's music but real talent is shown on the rest of
    AMAZING album.

'What the Hell' and 'Smile' are good singles that can fit on today's music but real talent is shown on the rest of this album a very deep and good album.
  31. Nov 20, 2011
    Great album! After being quite for some time, Avril comes back with Goodbye Lullaby. It's not that big a departure from her previous albums and style, which is a good thing. Some would expect her to grow up, but they fail to realize one important key aspect of Ms. Lavigne: she's always being herself. She doesn't release music just to appease the current trends, just pours her emotions intoGreat album! After being quite for some time, Avril comes back with Goodbye Lullaby. It's not that big a departure from her previous albums and style, which is a good thing. Some would expect her to grow up, but they fail to realize one important key aspect of Ms. Lavigne: she's always being herself. She doesn't release music just to appease the current trends, just pours her emotions into what she makes. Most of the album are about her personal relationships (most probably her recent divorce) and the anger, frustration, and disappointment that comes after a failed relationship. She speaks to a lot of us, but most of all, to herself. Songs like "What The Hell" resemble her "The Best Damn Thing". It's catchy and fun. Expand
  32. Nov 12, 2013
    Before I start, I need to say that I'm reviewing the 'deluxe version.' I'm not reviewing the 'bonus version' as I haven't listened to that one.

This is most definitely my favorite album out of all of Avril's albums. In this album, most of the songs have taken to a mellow sound. However, many also include either a 'heartache' feel or Avril's 'goofing about' style. There are also a few songs that she sings about being in love which really sweetens the sound of the record. So, there is plenty of variety here!

I'm going to split all of her songs into categories here. These will range from 'mellow', 'goofing about' 'heartache', and 'I love you.' There is also one extra category but this only has one song in it, so I'll just talk about that one song instead of putting it into a category.

Okay, for 'mellow' there are 'Black Star', 'Wish You Were Here' (this could also go into the 'heartache category but it isn't raw heartache like other ones.) There's also 'Everybody Hurts', '4 Real', and 'Darlin. These five songs all have a very different feel. My personal favorite in this category just has to be 'Everybody Hurts.' It's got some priceless lyrics, it is very relate-able and it is catchy. I really feel that this is where you begin to feel Avril's pain.

The next category, which is 'goofing about' only has two songs. These consist of 'What the Hell' and 'Smile.' Both of these are very energetic and fun to listen to. They have both got some crazy lyrics. However, 'Smile' which is my favorite isn't as crazy. In the verses Avril is acting all crazy but in the chorus there really is some meaning in there. Singing about why someone you love makes you smile is just beautiful, yet it is still incredibly catchy. So, don't let that put you off!

The next category which is 'heartache' includes 'Not Enough', 'Remember When' and 'Goodbye'. These three songs, yet all in the same category sound different. My favorite out of this category is probably 'Not Enough' because, well it is very relate-able for me and Avril's vocals just shine here. In this song, you can really hear the pain in her voice. The way she belts out the chorus, yet sings softly on the verses are just beautiful. There is also a very nice use of giving effect in this song where she adds even more pain at the end just by simply humming as the song slowly fades out; beautiful!

The next category which is 'I love you' consists of 'Push', 'Stop Standing There' and 'I Love You.' These songs are a beautiful mix. All reflecting the same emotion but in different ways. For example, 'Push' doesn't reflect the love that is in 'I Love You as in 'Push' it's about the peaks and troughs in a relationship. In 'I Love You' it's about why the person in the relationship still loves their partner and more importantly why. I can't really name a favorite in this category. So, I will just explain the last one as I have already explained the other two. 'Stop Standing There' is about the person who is in love with someone but doesn't know if the other person feels the same way as the person feels. It's about why does he just stand there. Does he feel the same way the person feels. It's a very beautiful song, so I reckon you will like it. This category is a lovely category, filled with beautiful and meaningful lyrics which will really bring a smile to your face.

The last category but very small category which is called 'inner strength' is consisted of one song which is called 'Alice.' 'Alice' is a song that Avril made for, you guessed it 'Alice In Wonderland.' This song is basically about the ups and downs of the film but how strong the character is. ''I...I won't cry' is one of the lyrics in the chorus. This song can either be perceived as just for the film or inner strength for you. Maybe you have had a bad day, maybe you have just dealt with a 'heart stabbing' breakup. Whatever it is, it's a nice song to listen to. It's right at the end, so it can be missed if you're not paying attention.

To wrap my review up, I leave you with my recommendations and of course, my verdict. My score is 9/10 because Avril did an amazing job on this album but what knocked down the score was the very short song 'Black Star' and that's really all that knocked it down. That song didn't really mean anything to me, was it supposed to mean anything? Well, I don't know. Knowing Avril, it probably was but it didn't come off as that for me. It probably did for other people but hey that's just me.

I highly recommend this album, it has a lovely mix of moods styles. The people I recommend this to are: Avril Lavigne fans, people who love beautiful lyrics or are dealing with a harsh breakup. Last but not least, people who are having a tough time for whatever reason. I believe this album will help you get through your tough time. Why? This album has helped me loads with my struggles and has really cheered me up or made me feel 'I'm not alone here.'

Thanks for reading and I hope this helped you
  33. Dec 9, 2014
    Avril como sempre surpreendeu a todo mundo com uma pegada de soft rock no álbum Goodbye Lullaby, suas letras contém muito amor e percebe-se que ela são muito pessoais e coloca seus próprios sentimentos no disco. Parabéns Avril Lavigne por esse belo trabalho.

1. Mar 16, 2011
    If you wanna know how NOT to do it, listen to the last five tracks on Goodbye Lullaby. Avril wrote them all herself, and let's just say she's an artist who benefits from collaboration.
  2. Mar 15, 2011
    Faced with competing for "pop" ambitions this "rock" wannabe never really had, she instead strides toward brunette-dom on the new, stalwartly unfun Goodbye Lullaby, which--if you couldn't tell from the piano on the cover-means Vanessa Carlton and Michelle Branch. This is the death of Auto-Tune, moment of silence. Except, you know, for the single.
  3. Mar 9, 2011
    An effective, but ultimately generic, pop album.