Graffiti on the Train - Stereophonics
7.6

Review this album

1. Apr 8, 2013
    My first time listening to Stereophonics album in full and whereas before, I thought they were a middle of the road rock band, they seem to have really developed with this album. As I understand, it's more subdued than their previous releases, but in my opinion, it seems to work better for them. I especially love the moody, brooding title track, Graffiti On The Train and Take Me. There's also more upbeat, edgier songs for to please everyone in the form of the likes of Catacomb. There's even a bit of definite country influence with Been Caught Cheating. A good, mature album that has more clout than some of their previous songs. Collapse
  2. Apr 17, 2014
    It has dark atmosphere with brilliant lyrics and incredible music. Maybe it is my type of music, maybe absolutely every song is astounding. From We Share the Same Sun filled with longing and desire, sorrowful Graffiti on the Train, masterpiece Violins and Tambourines, cheerful-in-Sterophonics-kind-of-way Roll the Dice, hidden treasure Zoe on the iTunes' digital deluxe version (definitely worth of choosing that version for buying), instrumentals on the end of almost every song... Well I could go on and on. I don't want to go in deep analysis of album and motives of Kelly Jones in writing lyrics, I am not enough educated for that. Only objection to album I have is song list, I would arrange it differently. Expand

1. Aug 29, 2013
    The whole album seems content to be half-awake, so much so that even the comparably adventurous tracks sound like they can't be bothered to get off the couch.
  2. Aug 16, 2013
    The LP's slow-building peak moment is "Violins And Tambourines," which is also dramatic and affected, no matter what Jones may actually be singing about. [No. 101, p.60]
    Intriguing stuff, but Stereophonics are incapable of shredding the trad rock rule book for an entire album. So the rest of Graffiti is pitched firmly in their beige rock comfort zone. [Apr 2013, p.93]