Grinderman 2 - Grinderman
8.0

Review this album

1. Sep 16, 2010
    only cave, after turning 50, could howl like a mad wolf in a rock and roll album and not sound utterly ridiculous... only cave could surpass his own previous work with the bad seeds with something even darker... i mean, is this guy for real?!
  2. Sep 16, 2010
    Only Cave can write lyrics like "The spinal cord of JFK / Wrapped in my mothers negligé / I'll give to you". And only Warren Ellis can spin the aural web of doom that enshrouds Grinderman 2. I love it, it's visceral, dark and weird.
  3. Sep 24, 2010
    Coincidence or conspiracy? Already this year we've had one song taken from the Velvet's white light/white heat (LCD Soundsystem's 'Drunk Girls' is totally a remake of the title track -- not that that's a bad thing), and now Grinderman redo 'Here she comes now' as 'When My Baby Comes' -- strange times, man (oh no, that would be The Doors). Anyway, brutal stuff once again from the bestCoincidence or conspiracy? Already this year we've had one song taken from the Velvet's white light/white heat (LCD Soundsystem's 'Drunk Girls' is totally a remake of the title track -- not that that's a bad thing), and now Grinderman redo 'Here she comes now' as 'When My Baby Comes' -- strange times, man (oh no, that would be The Doors). Anyway, brutal stuff once again from the best sideband of the moment (Dead Weather notwithstanding); While the opener 'Mickey Mouse and the Goodbye Man' doesn't have the punch to the guts that their debut supplied in 'Get it On', the album as a whole trumps the original's primal scream with a menacing growl. Expand
  4. Oct 13, 2010
    Different enough from Grinderman I to reassure me there is a future to this band. I have listened to it every day since release and I think it hangs together as an album better than the first and more so than any recent Bad Seeds record.

1. Mar 27, 2012
    Grinderman 2 RMX provides an enjoyable enough distraction but ultimately this is a collection of material that would have worked better as an EP rather than an album.
  2. Mar 20, 2012
    A quality accompaniment and memorial.