Grinderman 2 - Grinderman
8.0

Review this album

1. Sep 16, 2010
    only cave, after turning 50, could howl like a mad wolf in a rock and roll album and not sound utterly ridiculous... only cave could surpass his own previous work with the bad seeds with something even darker... i mean, is this guy for real?!
  2. Sep 16, 2010
    Only Cave can write lyrics like "The spinal cord of JFK / Wrapped in my mothers negligé / I'll give to you". And only Warren Ellis can spin the aural web of doom that enshrouds Grinderman 2. I love it, it's visceral, dark and weird.
  3. Sep 24, 2010
    Coincidence or conspiracy? Already this year we've had one song taken from the Velvet's white light/white heat (LCD Soundsystem's 'Drunk Girls' is totally a remake of the title track -- not that that's a bad thing), and now Grinderman redo 'Here she comes now' as 'When My Baby Comes' -- strange times, man (oh no, that would be The Doors). Anyway, brutal stuff once again from the best sideband of the moment (Dead Weather notwithstanding); While the opener 'Mickey Mouse and the Goodbye Man' doesn't have the punch to the guts that their debut supplied in 'Get it On', the album as a whole trumps the original's primal scream with a menacing growl. Expand
  4. Oct 13, 2010
    Different enough from Grinderman I to reassure me there is a future to this band. I have listened to it every day since release and I think it hangs together as an album better than the first and more so than any recent Bad Seeds record.

1. Mar 27, 2012
    Grinderman 2 RMX provides an enjoyable enough distraction but ultimately this is a collection of material that would have worked better as an EP rather than an album.
  2. Mar 20, 2012
    A quality accompaniment and memorial.