Guero - Beck
8.5

Review this album

1. Nov 1, 2011
    Parts of this records are brilliant but too much of it sits in a lull. Too many boring tracks that just plod along to rank up with Beck's best work. Some great singles on it though.
  2. Feb 26, 2012
    I've never been a huge fan of Beck until I heard this album. Guero is the perfect blend of funk, folk, rap, and rock he's ever done. Each track is so perfectly produced. Beck's vocals have never been better. All In All, Guero is a near perfect album. A-
  3. j30
    Feb 19, 2012
    Even though Guero is not nearly as good as Odelay, the album feels like a return to form for Beck. Where with his past few albums he has messed around with genres (Midnight Vultures and Sea Change). The music in Guero feels like a fresh start from the heart wrenching Sea Change.
  4. Jan 22, 2012
    This album is an all round perfect, except for that anoying Hell Yes track
  5. Jul 10, 2012
    Probably my favorite Beck record. Took a few listens to totally grow on me. I own them all. But this one has such strong production values and strong catchy songs that never get old. I like most of his work. I even put on his Stereopathetic Soul Manure for memory lanes and just to listen to something different. I am a fan. I liked Sea Change, but thought there was several tracksProbably my favorite Beck record. Took a few listens to totally grow on me. I own them all. But this one has such strong production values and strong catchy songs that never get old. I like most of his work. I even put on his Stereopathetic Soul Manure for memory lanes and just to listen to something different. I am a fan. I liked Sea Change, but thought there was several tracks that just don't hold up that well on it. This was like going on a good roller coaster ride after Sea Change. This is a very accomplished album.. some stand out tracks include, "Scarecrow, " "Go it alone," and "Black Tambourine." Some of his finest work is right here on "Guero." Expand

1. Where his previous albums have seesawed between comedy and despair, "Guero" comes closer than ever to merging them. [21 Mar 2005]
  2. While it lacks the churn or drama of his earlier work or the dour intensity of Sea Change, it’s an album remarkable in its consistent, pleasant above-averageness, punctuated by bursts of true genius.
  3. Too often tracks drag us down below the high standard an artist like Beck Hanson has set himself. Red Hot Chili Peppers outtakes with some harmonica and vocoder balanced incongruously on top are frankly not good enough.