Hail To The Thief

8.7

Review this album

1. boo
    Jan 28, 2006
    pablo honey is way better. this music isn't rock like i thought it would be.
  2. M.O.
    Aug 5, 2003
    Disappointing and far the worst radiohead album yet.
  3. jamesc
    Mar 10, 2005
    i have been a radiohead fan from the start, i thought there was enough good material on the previous 2 albums to justify their release but this is very poor! because it is so strange , people seem afraid to criticise, but being a fan i have tried to let it grow but to no avail. i will say however, it takes more than a bad album to ruin a great bands reputation. if ya wanna geet into i have been a radiohead fan from the start, i thought there was enough good material on the previous 2 albums to justify their release but this is very poor! because it is so strange , people seem afraid to criticise, but being a fan i have tried to let it grow but to no avail. i will say however, it takes more than a bad album to ruin a great bands reputation. if ya wanna geet into radiohead, focus on the earlier stuff, forget this one! Expand
  4. lewisc
    Apr 24, 2006
    shit
  5. Meat
    Jun 6, 2003
    I've been a RH fan for years and each new release makes me more angry. I boycotted Amnesiac for the simple fact of them putting out that "live" release with only 8 or 9 songs... for $20. Puulleeze! I can only go back to a review of Kid A by Pavement's S.M. when he said it was "dull". Well, I definitely didn't agree with him then, but I agree now, "Thief" is definitely DULL. I've been a RH fan for years and each new release makes me more angry. I boycotted Amnesiac for the simple fact of them putting out that "live" release with only 8 or 9 songs... for $20. Puulleeze! I can only go back to a review of Kid A by Pavement's S.M. when he said it was "dull". Well, I definitely didn't agree with him then, but I agree now, "Thief" is definitely DULL. The first 5 are dozers. Just a complete bore. And get over yourself - it doesn't make you cool any more if you say you dig them. Johnny needs to break away and go solo. I can't take it anymore. Expand
  6. StupidYorke
    Jun 7, 2003
    this is poseur crap being churned out at the highest level. disgusting, makes me puke
  7. JimM
    Jun 10, 2003
    Radiohead is a commercial monster and must be paying off these so called magazine reviewers/critiques. You guys must be tone deaf.
  8. BrianB
    Jun 5, 2003
    Someone please get Thom some prosaic, Radiohead need to stop playing at Joy Division, they simply aren't that dark. Thom ever do a Curtis, or start producing decent albums again and stop hiding behind technology and 'the scene'. The paranoid despot is becoming corny..

1. Q Magazine
    As admirable as Radiohead's quest ongoing quest to ignore expectations, tear up the manual and proudly rebel against the limitations of 4/4 time seems, some of Hail To The Thief comes dangerously close to being all experimentalism and precious little substance. [Jul 2003, p.98]
  2. Of course it's political, and of course it continues to merge electronic experimentation with more familiar rock structures; but it employs all those debate-igniting props simply to further the band's more pressing agenda: to tirelessly explore beauty's terrible fragility.
  3. Hail to the Thief is overloaded with miraculous sounds.