Hell: The Sequel EP - Bad Meets Evil
8.0

Review this album

1. Jun 14, 2011
    I wonder why people don't like "Lighters". You guys don't expect the album to be Horrorcore/Hardcore all through, there should be a chill out moment and "Lighters" is the perfect song. The Lyrics are really deep and meaningful.
  2. Jun 14, 2011
    This album is up there with "All 6's and 7's" as the best hip hop albums of 2011 so far. I like the Hardcore yelling as well(Haterz worst nightmare). Fastlane, A kiss, Take from me, Living proof, Echo, loud noises, Reunion, Welcome to hell, Lighters, I'm on everything and Above the law are my best tracks....Wait, but that's the whole Ep...lol
  3. Jun 14, 2011
    Great Album full of lyricism. Eminem and Royce are perfect when they collabarate with each other. I love the horrorcore/ hardcore themed Album, even though the Album might be out of place with song "Lighters" but it still brings out a conscious side to the Album, which I see as a good thing. People may not like Bruno Mars, me included, but what I like about the song was Eminem was telling him how he felt which was kind of good for the Album. Eminem humour seems to be back. The Track " The Reunion" reminds me of Guilty Conscience. Loud Noises is full of lyricism with additional members of Slaughterhouse featuring. It's not that it is a legendary Album but it is that lyrics should be accounted for. DON'T start comparing to Eminem's previous Album, like most dickheads will do so they will be skeptic of the Album. It is not a classic. But lyrically it is great Expand
  4. Jun 14, 2011
    2011 looks great for Hip Hop. four great albums have been released. Tyler: The Creator's Goblin, Tech n9ne "All 6's and 7's", Bad meets evil "Hell: The Sequel", Saigon"Greatest story never told". And @adamjboss, Why did you give this album a 5/10? I know you are entitled to your opinion but taking your comment literally, it seems you don't like Royce but bad news Royce kept up with Em on every track, he even performed better on some. Btw, what makes you think Tech n9ne will perform better than Royce ? Expand
  5. Jun 14, 2011
    Full of amazing lyrics from start to finish. Definitely one of the best rap albums of the year so far. If your an Eminem fan, a Royce da 5'9 fan or just a rap fan who wants to listen to some good songs with some good lyrics then you should give this a listen. p.s Even though its not as good as the Marshall Mathers lp doesn't mean it isn't a good album.

p.s.s fave tracks are loud noises
    ft slaughterhouse and welcome 2 hell. Expand
  6. Jun 14, 2011
    The only suprise from this album for me, is that Royce is spitting fire almost as hot as Marshall. The production is fantastic and Bad Meets Evil have put an EP out there that says to the competition, come and get us. Eminem is sharp and his flow flawless on every track. this EP wont sell as well as a typical Eminem album but hip hop fans world wide will appreciate two artists at the top of their game. Expand
  7. Aug 10, 2011
    Off Lyrics alone its a 10. The Chemistry and Back and Forth of Royce and Em is dope.. If you like lyrics then you will like the album. Other than the production of Lighters (that beat is terrible) every song bangs all the way through.
  8. Jun 14, 2011
    Awesome album. Way better than "All 6's and 7's". I feel that this may not sell as much as it should, definitely will be underrated! Favorite tracks are Take From Me, Fast Lane, Lighters, Echo, Loud Noises, and I'm On Everything.
  9. Nov 4, 2013
    Lyricism was good, flow was brilliant just a great album. I preferred it to Recovery. Both Royce and Eminem were very good in this album. My favourite were "welcome 2 hell" "fastlane" the reunion" "Echo" Overall a very good album from bad meets evil!
  10. Jul 7, 2011
    While some at first might think this album is an attempt from Eminem of pity to rise Royce da 5'9's career into the spotlight, it is a mutual relationship. Royce stays on par with Eminem, and in numerous his songs, he performs better than him. Both of their lyrics are at their prime, as they try to make sure that neither of them got showed up by the other. It runs short at only 11 tracks, but I be damned if I were to name a better album this year. Expand
  11. Jul 9, 2011
    BAD MEETS EVIL hell the sequel is a very exciting album. it brings fun and emotions togethar which is very rare. fast lane is the best rap song of the year which is very hard hitting and explosive. with addition of slaughterhouse and bruno mars on tracks makes this album one of the best album of 2011
  12. Jun 16, 2011
    Long awaited duo is back! Hardcore fans understand this. Just a casual listener would not grasp that true fans have been waiting years for this album to finally come to fruition. Almost glad they waited because of years of being able to find each of their styles they are really both at their prime and show to not dissapoint on this album. The ping pong back and forth flow between Eminem and Royce is flawless! Expand
  13. Jun 17, 2011
    Why is metacritic collecting only the weak critical reviews ? Allhiphop gave this album a 9/10, 411mania gave it a 9.5/10, Dj booth gave it 4/5, SputnikMuzik gave it 4/5 and so many others. So many Critics gave it a highly positive review, why collecting only the weak ones like "The Independent" ? Their review was just 5 lines !!
  14. Aug 23, 2011
    Great album. Has a few songs that you'll love to keep repeating, but you've got a few that you'll want to avoid which makes me think of his old album Encore.
    Nether the less it's still a great album and it doesn't sound like Eminem kills Royce on track, they're both evenly skilled rappers which makes this 9/10.
  15. Aug 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an interesting side project by Eminem. At first I was hesitant to get the album. But After Hearing the CD in a cab ride through downtown Philly ---I was sold. Good songs, good features, solid overall CD Expand
  16. Sep 11, 2011
    One of the greatest albums of 2011. The duo spits fire and all tracks are enjoyable and listenable over and over again, Simply 2 veterans at their best.
  17. Feb 23, 2012
    This EP gives me hope that Hip-Hop is being revived along with ppl like Tech N9ne, Kanye & more. I thought it was going to be average EP but once i got to the 3rd song i was like this EP is impossible to suck
  18. Jan 5, 2012
    This was the only real American rap album of 2011 successful enough to reach the UK at least. the worlds biggest rappers; Jay-Z, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Drake etc. did all release albums during this year, but none were 'proper' rap albums. Jay and Kanye used so many samples it became annoying quickly. Lil Wayne recycles lyrics and relies on that unique voice of his to sound good, and Drake never has been a solid rapper. Eminem and Royce da 5'9 show the world rap music isn't dead on this by delivering endless hard lyrics and killer punchlines. they also do it over - in comparison to Jay and Kanye at least - simple beats that allow there flow to become the focus of the record. Also what is impressing for me to see, is Royce holding his own on the record throughout all the songs with Eminem, a man who made a living out of jumping on other peoples songs and murdering them. this album is about two rappers, rapping. Expand
  19. Jun 5, 2012
    With a fresh face in the "Hip-Hop Duo" field, Bad Meets Evil provides a brilliant reunion between a lyrical genius and a blast from the past. This EP has wonderful beats along with clever, thoughtful wordplay to get me exited for their first full-length LP.
  20. Jan 16, 2014
    When was the last time two rappers at Eminem and Royce's level went head to head like this? Fast paced, raw, "oooo" and "aaaahhh" worthy lyrics, ridiculous flows. This album is awesome, even if it lacks a theme, it's a must-listen.
  21. Dec 24, 2013
    I love pretty much everything about this album. He teams up with another awesome rapper and the songs are out of control (in a good way) with all the lyrics and it just makes you feel bad@$$ when you're listening to them. This is definitely one of his best albums and I love everything about it!

1. Aug 4, 2011
    If you've ever found yourself pouring over the lyrics to a Eminem or Royce song, trying to break down each metaphor and punchline, you'll eat Hell up.
  2. Jun 30, 2011
    This is a labor of love Eminem clearly made for himself and an old friend who unleashed his inner beast. As he does on seemingly every album, Eminem makes noise here about retiring; for the first time in forever, that actually seems like a bad idea.
  3. Jun 28, 2011
    The duo's sinister raps are as shockingly impressive as they are morally disturbing.