8.8

Review this album

1. JacobN
    Feb 9, 2007
    Ok. Manson himself said hes not trying to corrupt people. He wants people to be more open about problems they have. The Album was totally fantastic. Manson knows how to blend fantastic lyrics with great beats. Marilyn Manson for president! 2008 bitch.
  2. BrandonD.
    Jun 30, 2001
    This album is great. I love every song on it. Its 1 of mansons best.
  3. Jun 9, 2012
    If I were to look back at Manson's career, I would say that this is one of his 2 best albums, the other being Antichrist Superstar. It does have a few weaker points, like the fight song, but by no means does this take away from the qualities of the album. Songs like The Nobodies ot Target Audience represent some of Manson's pinnacle moments in his song writing.
    Jun 15, 2001
    This album doesnt even deserve a 0.It shouldnt even be on the market.every teen is lost in this world and becasue of this music that is about teen overdose and killing ,there gonna be lost more because theyll end up killing there self or overdosing because Marilyn Manson or some other band says its ok.
  5. Bruno
    Jan 18, 2003
    This is just another mansons crap. Just compare this album to any album from nine inch nails and you'll see who is original and who is just a copycat. This is just too commercial.
  6. Rick
    Nov 21, 2005
    A terrible album that will only fill your mind with lies. The lyrics are disgusting. Rubbish pop rock - worth only to be thrown away. Don
  7. John
    Dec 14, 2001
    I'm just voting to push his overall rating down. I haven't heard this album and don't need to. Everything he does is horrible. I recently heard his butchering of "Tainted Love", one of my all-time favorites. Awful. This is a prime example of how badly music has slipped in the last decade. I've listened to everything from Abba to Zep, and this maggot is the worst thing I'm just voting to push his overall rating down. I haven't heard this album and don't need to. Everything he does is horrible. I recently heard his butchering of "Tainted Love", one of my all-time favorites. Awful. This is a prime example of how badly music has slipped in the last decade. I've listened to everything from Abba to Zep, and this maggot is the worst thing I've ever heard. (Don't think I'm strictly some easy listening wuss, I even like GWAR.) Expand
  8. JacobB.
    Aug 30, 2001
    Come this cd one BEST ALBUM of the year in Kerrang! awards over Tool, and many other groups. It's REALLY that good. I already can't wait for his next followup since the triology is over.
  9. NecroMadMan666
    Dec 31, 2002
    Bad As Fuck Just Like The Rest..............If Your Gonna Be Dedicated You Better Fucking Know All There Is To Know About What Your Being Dedicated For !
  10. DisposableTeen
    Apr 7, 2002
    Duude..This cd kicks some maad ass, And whoever doesn't like Manson should be killed because that right there is basically sinning....fuckers..
  11. RandyB
    Apr 2, 2005
    This album is amazing. To date, 'Holy Wood' provides us with Manson's definitive work, combining the melodies of the amazingly underappreciated 'Mechanical Animals' and the noise of 'Antichrist Superstar'. The greatness of the lyrics here are in direct competition with those on 'Mechanical Animals', with a difference-the ones here are darker.
  12. babybell
    Jul 3, 2001
    i love this album sooo much!! it is just so unique. i can relate to the words in the songs like no other CD i've heard.
  13. angelwiththescabbedwings
    Jan 21, 2002
    This album has a new type of rawnwss to it that MAR1LYN MAN5on hasn't used before. I belueve that it very unlike the rest of his albums, but is more like Antichrist Superstar than the rest. If your looking for heavy riffs, raw singing, and deep mind blowing lyrics, this is the album for you!
  14. JamesO.
    Jan 23, 2002
    incredible!!!! i was moshin 4 weeks!! if u like manson get dis album now!!
  15. Lydia
    Jan 3, 2002
    I love this album ...and well let's say all of Marilyn's songs are good ;)
  16. goth-thug/roachygoth-thug/roachy
    Apr 14, 2002
    1 of d bezt fucking album of all time from my hero marilyn manson
  17. AshleyG.
    Apr 24, 2002
    This is the tighest cd, he really expresses hisself and shows people that you can deal with your problems. and when i listn to this cd it makes me fel free and like i'm in my own litttle world, i woriship him with all my heart,
  18. MoranaE
    Feb 10, 2003
    Crazy dude just plain crazy. When I fuck with my boyfriend Suèiæ we allways listen to Marilyn
  19. RasHKalashnikov
    Feb 12, 2003
    It made me go nuts.
  20. vinnier
    Apr 20, 2003
    i loved this cd it was good and it can even make u cry if u listen to the lyrics very carefully it makes sence and i think his thoughts shouldnt be for conterversy because its his way for him to tell people about the world he lives in and what his veiws of this world we live in. his music can also help people change their views on life and other stuff. no ones songs can make a child hurt i loved this cd it was good and it can even make u cry if u listen to the lyrics very carefully it makes sence and i think his thoughts shouldnt be for conterversy because its his way for him to tell people about the world he lives in and what his veiws of this world we live in. his music can also help people change their views on life and other stuff. no ones songs can make a child hurt them selves or even take their life. its the way one take's his lyrics and the meaning of them. understand his music can be lighting like simfascizing with peoples emotions. Expand
  21. MansonFan111:
    Jun 4, 2003
    This cd deffinitly desrves a 10 manson kicks ass all the way and the fucks who put zero are assholes that deserves to burn in HELL!!the cd was great like all of he stuff!
  22. SimonB
    Oct 15, 2004
    I think that Manson is a genius and those people who says that his songs make people kill them self/or other people are nut. If people do such thing it's not only because of the song, I think that there has to be something wrong with you if you kill your self/or other persons. Just my opinion and Manson deserves a 10
  23. ChamZ
    Sep 2, 2004
    Genius. That is all.
  24. LILS8N"'
    Nov 1, 2001
    Amazing, pulls me through the deepest hellish things
  25. CourtneyS.
    Oct 17, 2001
    I loved the album i thought that every song on it was great and very well written. I love all of mansons albums but i honestly think that this was the best one.
  26. macarbrenecrophilia
    Oct 24, 2001
    Its Fucking great.
  27. BenB.
    Jun 18, 2001
    i love this cd. the song "disposable teens" kicks @$$. Marylin Manson's music sounds like no one elses, so this cd never gets old. :o)
  28. RickyD.
    Jul 9, 2001
    This album'a awsome, I love Manson, I love his sound, I like the way he stands up for what he believes in Manson is by far the best music artist of all time.
  29. Satan
    Sep 14, 2001
    An excellent display of solid songwriting, arguably his best to date, once again proving that there's more to Manson than dodgy Alice Cooper make-up and ridiculous stage props. Definately worth investigating, and a good place to start for newcomers.
  30. canesen
    Jan 18, 2002
    It's a great album.I specially like the Disposable Teens and Figth Song.I advise it to every Black Metalers
  31. shimmy
    Jan 30, 2002
    this album is just so fucking brilliant each time i listen to it it just seems to get louder better heavier deffinately worth a 10
  32. GidgetGein
    Feb 6, 2002
    This is a really good album. I don't know who put the zero at the bottom, but evidently they don't have any good taste. Damn conseratives.
  33. DD
    Apr 7, 2002
    Not as good as ACSS but still great.
  34. BrenoK.
    Jun 17, 2002
    Songs I think are good: The Love Song The Fight Song Disposable Teens President Dead Crici-fiction in Space The Nobodies The Death Song Born Again Burning Flag Nobodies Coma Black That's 10 great songs out of 19. Mechanichal animals had 12 out of 14. And King Kill 33 is the biggest waste of a fantastic guitar riff ever. There's some filler in here. I mean the last four songs are Songs I think are good: The Love Song The Fight Song Disposable Teens President Dead Crici-fiction in Space The Nobodies The Death Song Born Again Burning Flag Nobodies Coma Black That's 10 great songs out of 19. Mechanichal animals had 12 out of 14. And King Kill 33 is the biggest waste of a fantastic guitar riff ever. There's some filler in here. I mean the last four songs are utter crap. MA was superior, but HW is still a worthy purchase... Expand
  35. JanelleS.
    Aug 24, 2002
    I love it, as soon as it came out I ran and bought it. I think he keeps getting better(excluding mechanical animals)
  36. godoff
    Nov 17, 2004
    i fucking love this album i´m a great fan of manson and i´ve heard all of is work and i think that this is THE album the best work of m.m and a pleasent way to get all the adrenaline out whith out smaking the shit out of youre neighbours ears like music from cradle of filth our some of that death metal shit.MANSON4EVER
  37. TimothyW.
    Oct 15, 2001
    Although just about every song in this album uses the word "God", I happen to think it is one of his best yet. I happen to like it a little more than Anti-christ Superstar, and thats just strange for me.
  38. CrashOverride
    Sep 26, 2001
    This is by far the best Marilyn Manson album yet.I can actually relate to the lyrics and I love how he stands up for what he believes in.
  39. edwardhell
    Nov 19, 2002
    Piece of work made by a fucking genius
  40. AndrewF
    Aug 21, 2004
    Both the beginning and the end of his Antichrist tale, Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) is a brilliant concept album- one that can be interpreted in many different ways. It can be seen as part of the story that also includes Mechanical Animals and Antichrist Superstar, or stand on it's own when viewed in a slightly more personal light. This isn't your mindless Both the beginning and the end of his Antichrist tale, Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) is a brilliant concept album- one that can be interpreted in many different ways. It can be seen as part of the story that also includes Mechanical Animals and Antichrist Superstar, or stand on it's own when viewed in a slightly more personal light. This isn't your mindless shock rock, kiddies (and critics). I won't reveal the concept and themes behind the album. Doing so would take away from the album, and pretty much insult Manson himself. But I am slightly discouraged by the reaction Manson gets from his albums- people see them as silly glam/gothic rock with no real meaning. "Sure, it may have some social commentary, but it's amateurish at best." How wrong they are. Expand
  41. HunterB
    Nov 16, 2005
    An amazing album. Manson has managed to blend the sound of Antichrist Superstar with that of Mechanical Animals, making this album both abrasive and melodic. Manson's lyrics are better than ever. While formulaic at times, this is a great album.
  42. **
    Nov 19, 2001
    I really like Holy Wood. It could very well be my favorite, or close second to Mechanical. Manson has a unique ability to captivate his audience with thought provoking lyrics and heart pounding music.
  43. May 24, 2011
    OK this album truly rocks, one of the best Marilyn Manson albums, i liked the first time i heard it, but later i jist love it, every song, the lyrics are amazing, very sincere, love it 10
  44. Nov 22, 2011
    I feel like an album review should disregard the artist's personal views. Which, personally, I admire very much. This album is definitely one of his top 3 best. The album does have some weak points, but when you look at it as a whole, it is very well done. Classic Marilyn Manson. Anybody looking to get into this kind of music, this is a great starting point.

The lyrics have meaning.

The lyrics have meaning. That's one of the strongest points. It's not all screaming, either. Listening to this, without the ignorant assumption that Marilyn Manson is evil, you should be able to pick apart the various meanings and apply them personally. The words and music isn't just nonsense. These are well-intentioned songs by an artist that I have loved for years. I'd highly recommend this album.
  45. Oct 11, 2012
    This album was the rebirth of Marilyn. Although the beats are very similar, it's very respectable. One of the best was target audience (narcissus narcosis), along with burning flag and coma black. The antichrist superstar is back!
  46. May 6, 2013
    This album changed my life!

So there i was, in school, liking whatever music was in the charts and on the T.V. I only liked pop music and the occasional gangster rap that was popular in my area. Then one day i witnessed Marilyn Manson on the T.V and i realised there is a whole other world of music out there! I quickly bought the album and loved how different it was from anything i
    This album changed my life!

Then one day i witnessed Marilyn Manson on the T.V and i realised there is a whole other world of music out there! I quickly bought the album and loved how different it was from anything i have ever heard before. The philosophy, the questioning of organised religion, analysis of society things i have never even thought to question!

From there i have been on a musical journey I got all Mansons previous albums, i heard he liked Bowie so got into Bowie. Then NIN, then Slayer and Sabboth. Now i play an instrument in a band, my musical taste goes from indie to classic to metal, rap, rock, funk, jazz, dance music the list is endless.

MM taught me to question the world with this album. I have ever since.
  47. Aug 6, 2013
    A Terceira Obra Prima Em Sequência Do Marilyn Manson Os Outros São Antichrist Superstar E Mechanical Animals.
    Top Hollywood.
    1-The Nobodies
    2-The Fight Song
    3-Disposable Teens
    4-Target Audience (Narcisus Narcosis)
    5-Cruci Fiction In Space

1. Where 'Holy Wood' does come together and threaten to transcend its at times cliched parts is in its clarity of vision. This is a lean, visceral album that is as tripwire lithe as its maker. Manson's also remembered to write some great pop-goth tunes this time out, nowhere more so than with first single 'Disposable Teens'.
    With nothing fresh to moan about, it's like a seventh James Bond movie without any new gadgets. [12/2000, p.223]
  3. Yeah, it's a party. And it's great rock music. Those who claim Manson "went back to Goth" and reclaimed Antichrist's noise after Mechanical proved too subtle for kids are only partly right. Okay, he virtually cloned his hit "The Beautiful People" in "Disposable Teens." And there are several familiar yell-and-stomp numbers on Holy Wood. But even those almost all contain a double-take chord change or a textural overdose or a mind-blowing bridge, and they'll be terroristic in concert. More important, there are a bunch of plain brilliant tracks where Manson anoints bits of rock history into his own church.