8.8

Review this album

1. Jun 9, 2012
    If I were to look back at Manson's career, I would say that this is one of his 2 best albums, the other being Antichrist Superstar. It does have a few weaker points, like the fight song, but by no means does this take away from the qualities of the album. Songs like The Nobodies ot Target Audience represent some of Manson's pinnacle moments in his song writing.
  2. May 24, 2011
    OK this album truly rocks, one of the best Marilyn Manson albums, i liked the first time i heard it, but later i jist love it, every song, the lyrics are amazing, very sincere, love it 10
  3. Nov 22, 2011
    I feel like an album review should disregard the artist's personal views. Which, personally, I admire very much. This album is definitely one of his top 3 best. The album does have some weak points, but when you look at it as a whole, it is very well done. Classic Marilyn Manson. Anybody looking to get into this kind of music, this is a great starting point.

The lyrics have meaning.
    That's one of the strongest points. It's not all screaming, either. Listening to this, without the ignorant assumption that Marilyn Manson is evil, you should be able to pick apart the various meanings and apply them personally. The words and music isn't just nonsense. These are well-intentioned songs by an artist that I have loved for years. I'd highly recommend this album. Expand
  4. Oct 11, 2012
    This album was the rebirth of Marilyn. Although the beats are very similar, it's very respectable. One of the best was target audience (narcissus narcosis), along with burning flag and coma black. The antichrist superstar is back!
  5. May 6, 2013
    This album changed my life!

So there i was, in school, liking whatever music was in the charts and on the T.V. I only liked pop music and the occasional gangster rap that was popular in my area.

Then one day i witnessed Marilyn Manson on the T.V and i realised there is a whole other world of music out there! I quickly bought the album and loved how different it was from anything i
    have ever heard before. The philosophy, the questioning of organised religion, analysis of society things i have never even thought to question!

From there i have been on a musical journey I got all Mansons previous albums, i heard he liked Bowie so got into Bowie. Then NIN, then Slayer and Sabboth. Now i play an instrument in a band, my musical taste goes from indie to classic to metal, rap, rock, funk, jazz, dance music the list is endless.

MM taught me to question the world with this album. I have ever since.
  6. Aug 6, 2013
    A Terceira Obra Prima Em Sequência Do Marilyn Manson Os Outros São Antichrist Superstar E Mechanical Animals.
    Top Hollywood.
    1-The Nobodies
    2-The Fight Song
    3-Disposable Teens
    4-Target Audience (Narcisus Narcosis)
    5-Cruci Fiction In Space

1. Where 'Holy Wood' does come together and threaten to transcend its at times cliched parts is in its clarity of vision. This is a lean, visceral album that is as tripwire lithe as its maker. Manson's also remembered to write some great pop-goth tunes this time out, nowhere more so than with first single 'Disposable Teens'.
    With nothing fresh to moan about, it's like a seventh James Bond movie without any new gadgets. [12/2000, p.223]
  3. Yeah, it's a party. And it's great rock music. Those who claim Manson "went back to Goth" and reclaimed Antichrist's noise after Mechanical proved too subtle for kids are only partly right. Okay, he virtually cloned his hit "The Beautiful People" in "Disposable Teens." And there are several familiar yell-and-stomp numbers on Holy Wood. But even those almost all contain a double-take chord change or a textural overdose or a mind-blowing bridge, and they'll be terroristic in concert. More important, there are a bunch of plain brilliant tracks where Manson anoints bits of rock history into his own church.