8.4

Review this album

1. Jun 30, 2011
    KEANE IS MY FAV. BAND AND I LOVE THEM "SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW" IS THE BEST SONG IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE BEDSHAPED 2 AND I HAVE EVEN RANKED THEM 1SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW
    2BEDSHAPED
    9THIS IS THE LAST TIME
    10SUNSHINE
    11UNTITLED ONE
  2. Jul 27, 2012
    Personally, I think that this is one of the best albums of all time. The lead singer's voice is amazing and their signature style of playing the keyboards creates a unique melody that is both beautiful and haunting.
  3. Jun 29, 2012
    A spectacular album front to back. Everything about it is pretty much flawless. Vocal, lyrics and production are incredible. Its almost like being awake while dreaming, as crazy as that sounds. There really has never been anything like it before and after it's creation. It really is one of the best albums ever!
  4. May 6, 2012
    I really love this album. I find comparisons to Coldplay mostly ridiculous and based purely on the presence of a piano. I also find an amazingly passionate and deep piano rock album that almost had me in tears. Tom Chaplin's voice is incredible and I think Tim Rice-Oxley's lyrics, although simple, work perfectly. I really cannot understand why the critics seem to have it in for Keane. II really love this album. I find comparisons to Coldplay mostly ridiculous and based purely on the presence of a piano. I also find an amazingly passionate and deep piano rock album that almost had me in tears. Tom Chaplin's voice is incredible and I think Tim Rice-Oxley's lyrics, although simple, work perfectly. I really cannot understand why the critics seem to have it in for Keane. I fell in love with this album and it helped make me a Keane fan.
    This beautiful album's high-points for me are Somewhere Only We Know (obviously), Bend and Break, Your Eyes Open, She Has No Time, On A Day Like Today and Bedshaped. I know, there are a lot of high-points but for me this album is just that good.
  5. Nov 17, 2012
    For the rest of my life, a real gem of musical inspiration. It has themes that are recorded in the heart, never leave me. Have been slow, but have come. Long live Keane.

1. The 11 tracks on Hopes And Fears have an almost complete lack of soul and even distinction between one another.
  2. There isn't much variety on the disc, which many will find a bit thin after repeated spins, but there's no doubting the band's clean, confident sound.
    Somewhere Only We Know is one of 2004's loveliest tunes, and while nothing else on their debut album quite matches this apogee of woebegone non-energy, there's plenty to keep the eyes welling up. [Jun 2004, p.116]