8.3

Review this album

1. May 8, 2011
    wow. everything about this album is great. its up there with licence to ill, if not better..........................................................................................................................
  2. May 5, 2011
    the wait is finally over and the beasties do not disappoint with hot sauce committee part two. some great tracks. the boys sound as good as ever. . .
  3. ZUL
    May 5, 2011
    Very very good album with flavors of all their greatest. Fight For Your Right (Revisited) is absolute genius and is truly a must see. Another top effort from the legends that are the Beasties.
  4. May 7, 2011
    I'm not usually a big hip hop fan, but when it comes to this album, it's nearly flawless. Sure, I've listened to the other Beasties albums and loved them, but I am very impressed with this album. Definitely worth buying. If you're buying individual songs on iTunes ('cause that's what everyone is doing now...), I would recommend the songs "Make Some Noise", "Don't Play No GameThat I Can't Win", "Say It", and "Lee Majors Come Again". Buy it now! Expand
  5. Dec 4, 2011
    another great album from my all time favorite group!!!!!!!! Old school sound with modern hip-hop. The Beasties still have it. Totally white boy rap with all the hip-hop sounds. They just keep getting better with age.
  6. May 3, 2011
    There's not much longevity in hip hop. All the 80s icons are playing cops on tv, looking for love on VH1, or providing voice overs for video games. The Beasties are back in 2011 sounding as good as ever. Get this album now and make some noise if you're with me.
  7. May 6, 2011
    Another album which keeps the listener on its toes with something interesting coming round the corner. Hip Hop at its consistent best, if this is the result of a disrupted work imagine the next treat they dish up.
  8. Dec 30, 2011
    After years of understandable delays, it seemed that the highly anticipated album would never escape development hell. Nevertheless, Hot Sauce Committee Part Two was well worth the wait, and although the production values and mixing may be noticeably flawed at times, it is one of their best albums released and one of the best hip-hop records I've had the pleasure of listening to in years, and an optimistic sign of what is yet to come from their fabled Part One entry. Long live the Beastie Boys! Expand
  9. May 5, 2011
    Great album. It's like the best bits of all their other albums rolled up and smoked. Nothing too deep on this one. No agendas, just good sounds and lots of fun. Old skool.
  10. j30
    Aug 15, 2011
    They don't make these albums like they used to anymore. Close to a classic Hip-hop album. This is their best work in years. It ranks up there with Hello Nasty and quite a bit better than To the 5 Boroughs. The album sounds old school, but fresh at the same time.
  11. May 31, 2011
    This album mixes the classic old school Beastie Boys feel, modern influences and ideas from their foray into instrumental music. It was surprising to listen to a rap album from present day with only two extra artists featuring on it and they made for some brilliant tracks rather than a cheap cameo. The Beasties have done well here, things are slightly stale at times but barely detracts from a very good album, especially at their age! Expand
  12. May 9, 2011
    Fans of classic Beastie Boys will be very pleased with this throw back to the 90's. The boy's new album sounds both fresh and old school on this welcome new album. A must buy for fans and the curious.
  13. Jun 30, 2011
    It's terrific. Here's what I imagine went on when they made this album - no nonsense about artistic direction, no intention of profound retrospective, no pretense of demolishing barriers. Simply: let's make some sick beats, bad-ass rhymes, and do what we're f***ing good at.
  14. May 17, 2011
    A fine album. But unfortunately the pattern Beastie Boys have established over the years (mainly their 3 first albuns) make 'fine' such a weak word for this album
  15. May 25, 2011
    Hard to listen to. The lyrics are amateurish and seem unfinished and this weakness is disguised with lots of vocal effects. Impossible to listen to this CD all the way through. "We come together like peanut butter and sandwiches", "I cuss, and grab my nuts", and "Suckers sniffing on socks, chewing on rocks" are as good as the lyrics get. The jokes aren't funny and the music is not on the level it should be. The only listenable song is the Make Some Noise single, and even that is not very good. (See the review by the Badger Herald which is suspiciously absent from the Metacrtic ranking.) Expand

1. Aug 17, 2011
    Hot Sauce Committee finds The Beastie Boys being The Beastie Boys with nothing that isn't exactly what on would expect from The Beastie Boys. [Jul 2011, p.44]
  2. Aug 4, 2011
    You may not love this album, and I'm not sure I do, but you do have to respect it.
  3. Jun 29, 2011
    While that post-9/11 set had a fantastic first single ("Ch-Check It Out") and nothing else close to its level, the group's latest lacks a standout track but is a consistent hodgepodge of slimy beats and no-nonsense rhyming.