Hotel Paper - Michelle Branch
9.0

Review this album

1. Sep 21, 2010
    A really good album.."One of These Days" really got to me and I loved the rest of the album...I lost it but plan to buy a new copy and listen to it often
  2. Mar 15, 2014
    When I first listened to this album, I didn't like it. It was bland, the lyrics lack enough details to make it striking, the hooks that made her debut sooooo lovable were almost gone in this album. But after a few more listens, I realized that there is something golden in the songs, no matter how boring they sound. There is something in the song that catches your attention that you can'tWhen I first listened to this album, I didn't like it. It was bland, the lyrics lack enough details to make it striking, the hooks that made her debut sooooo lovable were almost gone in this album. But after a few more listens, I realized that there is something golden in the songs, no matter how boring they sound. There is something in the song that catches your attention that you can't really appreciate in your first listens. This album is growing on me and now I love it. Expand

1. The inescapable girlishness in her voice heightens the unlived-in quality of hackneyed, loverlorn ballads like "Desperately," the least desperate-sounding song of 2003. [Jun 27/Jul 4 2003, p.136]
  2. Most of the songs just lumber along at the same plodding, deliberate pace, boasting very few of the fun hooks that made her previous album so annoyingly likeable.
  3. In the course of the album, it's hard not to notice that all the songs sound the same, and for that matter, they all sound the same as that Avril Lavigne song about the damn cold night, even if Michelle technically got there before Avril.