Hotel - Moby
5.4

Review this album

1. Mar 31, 2013
    Hotel is Moby’s first album without any vocal samples and it is a departure from his earlier albums Play and 18.

It turns out that many critics and even his fans stated that this is his worst album. On Metacritic, it has an average critic score of 47 and an average score of 5.0/10 from the users. I do agree that it’s his least best, but I find this album to be underrated and I

I do agree that it’s his least best, but I find this album to be underrated and I thought it was a good album overall.

The first half of the album is the best, but I thought that in the second half of the album, it sounded like Moby was running out of ideas.

Yes, it is his least best, but it’s worth a listen.

Track Picks: Hotel Intro, Raining Again, Lift Me Up, Where You End & Spiders

DW Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

1. Reveal[s] just how ordinary his synth-pop has grown. [25 Mar 2005, p.71]
  2. The slower stuff vagues out, and the bonus disc of ambient instrumentals ought to come with a controlled substance, but elegant relationship songs such as the torchy "Forever" suggest this talented softy has found a sensible way to come down from a multiplatinum high.
  3. Hotel is all vacancy. [Apr 2005, p.128]