How The West Was Won - Led Zeppelin
9.3

Review this album

1. May 16, 2011
    A near perfect record. Definitely the best live album I have ever heard. As constituted, the three-disc set works pretty well at recreating a Led Zeppelin concert experience. You get their biggest songs of the period, you get some jams, and you get the bombast of the band. Where the album drags for me is in some of the jams, particularly with "Dazed and Confused", and that's just myA near perfect record. Definitely the best live album I have ever heard. As constituted, the three-disc set works pretty well at recreating a Led Zeppelin concert experience. You get their biggest songs of the period, you get some jams, and you get the bombast of the band. Where the album drags for me is in some of the jams, particularly with "Dazed and Confused", and that's just my own thing. I happen to like "Bring It on Home" a lot, but "Dazed and Confused" was just a little too much. All in all, though, this is a great record. Expand
  2. Mar 27, 2012
    This album is a perfect piece, has some of the best rock songs of all-time as Starway to Heaven, Black Dog, Immigrant Song and Whole Lotta Love, as well as great moments in Rock & Roll, Heartbreaker or Moby Dick, simply awesome!
  3. Jan 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. You have in the front of you the best rock band of all time, the band that decidedly invented the concept of rock: powerful riffs, loudly guitars, violent drums and an extremely energetic music style. This my friends, this is the definition of rock. And only a few bands play this style like it should be played. LedZeppelin was the band that do it better. Led Zeppelin was, is and, who knows, will be unquestionably the best rock band of all time. This album is only one more proof (of the hundreds that exist) that proves it Collapse
  4. Jun 18, 2011
    A hark back to when bands could sing instead of auto-tune. A fabulous collection of great hits and amazing guitar playing, with amazing lyrics and singing to boot. What more do you need?
  5. Oct 12, 2014
    One of the best concert album in history of rock'n'roll. Every track on it is one of the best versions of Led's songs. Must hear - for 25-minutes version of "Dazed And Confused" and for epic Page's guitar jamming in "Since I've Been Loving You".
  6. Sep 25, 2012
    As a huge Zeppelin fan I was floored the first time I listened to this album. Knowing all of these songs it was as though these guys were sequestered on leashes for a long time and then someone unleashed them allowing them to shred like four supercharged virtuosos in sync. This is arguably their best work! I listened to this album most every day for over a year after I heard it the first time.

The empathy between the four is palpable. [Jun 2003, p.113]
  2. Capture[s] a mighty band at the height of its gargantuan power.
  3. A vital document of Led Zeppelin's formidable legacy.