Hypnotize - System Of A Down
8.7

Review this album

1. Nov 24, 2011
    The best album behind Toxicity. Hypnotize gives plenty of good tracks and just a good album overall that once again establishes System as one of the best metal bands out there.
  2. Feb 18, 2012
    The follow-up to Mezmerize is a solid album but is less inventive and not quite as intelligent. A few bland songs hold it back but the overall product is still solid.
  3. Sep 10, 2011
    Think of this as MEZMERIZE: VOLUME II. It continues with the craziness and unbelievable insanity...but it's not as good as much else by System of a Down.
  4. Dec 9, 2011
    I just dont like System now, They are far too mainstream. This album is too similar to Mezmerize and it doesnt feature that many good tracks, Its just a generic rock/metal album.
  5. May 29, 2012
    Hypnotize is pretty good, most of the songs are very good, but three or four of the songs are weird and extra angry. The best songs are: Tentative, Holy mountains, Hypnotize, and Soldier's side. And the worst songs are: kill rock 'n' roll, stealing society, vicinity of obscenity and shes like heroin (super weird). Why does the guitarist sing so much, he's a bad singer, and the lyrics he writes, are terrible and have bad grammar, like, for example: "the most loneliest day of my life"it seemed like serj tankian was a background singer, but at least his vocals were good. Expand
  6. Apr 21, 2012
    Alright album, it's got some great songs but a lot of the songs sound like carbon copies. Tentative, Attack, Dreaming, Kill Rock N' Roll and U-Fig all sound alike and start off the same way (save for the different guitar notes). It's one of the more repetitive albums I've ever heard but it's still a good album that any metal head should want to listen to. The harmonies on this album are the best ever though, and SOAD can still rock out. Highlights of this album are "Dreaming", "Holy Mountains" and "Soldier Side". Low points of this album are "Stealing Society" and what is IMO the worst SOAD song ever, "Lonely Day". Expand
  7. May 21, 2012
    This album kicks all kinds of ass! Every song on this album had me either bobbing my head, or screaming to the lyrics. I cannot express the joy this album brings me. A 10 would be an understatement for this album, and I love this album more than all the others by System of a Down.
  8. Dec 22, 2012
    Hypntize and Attack are the big reason this album is alive. Mostly Hypnotize.
  9. Nov 27, 2013
    This album houses probably my favorite song from the band, "Dreaming". Its amazing fast paced melody, and ambiguous lyrics that leave you trying to come up with a meaning, make it one of the bands stand out tracks. The rest of the album for me was good, but not as good as some of their earlier albums. Songs like Attack, Tentative, Holy Mountains, Hypnotize and Soldier Side, left a standing impression on me, while songs such as Kill Rock and Roll, Ufig, and Vicinity of Obscenity while good songs, didn't appeal to me as much as the rest of the album. Overall, a great album that left you wanting more from the band. Expand
  10. Oct 15, 2013
    Mezmerize is ver amazins
    but i preferes this
    is weird but well-worked
    funny
    my favourite band
    ...............................................................................................................................................................

1. Not that the band's blend of metal; world music; jagged, breakneck rhythms; and non sequitur lyrics don't still connect, but it is nowhere near as dazzling as it was on its first two go-arounds. [26 Nov 2005]
  2. It's a strange brew that may not be everyone's cup of tea; still, there's no denying these cats have their singular system down pat. [25 Nov 2005, p.100]
  3. "Hypnotize" has some of the circus-is-in-town surrealism that links System to the Frank Zappa avant-rock tradition, but overall it's more of a fundamental rock album. [20 Nov 2005]