7.8

Review this album

1. Ido
    Sep 3, 2011
    Amazing album. The "I Am" side is perfect, there is no one with voice like the one she has.
    Halo is one of the most beautiful songs that I ever heard.
  2. Aug 13, 2010
    As a critic said - this album offers two compelling sides of Beyonce.
    Not only is the idea of having two utterly different albums in one, brilliant, but it also provides Beyonce with a lot of space for creativity. From the first CD, excellent ballads keep on rolling and rolling and some of them are heart-wrenching, such as 'If I were a boy' and 'Broken-Hearted Girl.' This is definitely the
    better part of the album, and its where Beyonce shows her vocal abilities to their fullest.
    The second CD is a dance mixture with some really catchy tunes such as "Single ladies," "Sweet Dreams" and "Diva." Beyonce has definitely found herself in this album more so than in previous ones, I'd say. Definitely worth a listen or two... or for a couple of months, as I'm doing it!
  3. Jun 10, 2011
    I Am... Sasha Fierce is one of the best pop/r&b albums in recent years. She is really a living legend. She has the entire package. She is one of the very few to give you vulnerability, as evident in songs like "Satellites," "Scared of Lonely," "Smash Into You," among others, and at the same time give you sassy and commanding Beyoncé, that we all love, or should I say Sasha Fierce? Overall this album is EPIC. Her best to date. Standout tracks: Halo, Smash Into You, If I Were a Boy, Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It), Sweet Dreams, Ave Maria. Expand
  4. Aug 6, 2012
    Really diverse and cohesive. The 'I Am...' side is filled with sensual, meaningful and emotional ballads where Beyoncé reveals all her fears and insecurities. The 'Sasha Fierce' side, which is filled with fierce uptempos, shows us the other side of Beyoncé - her alter ego Sasha Fierce.
  5. Mar 23, 2012
    absolutely dreadful album.
  6. Nov 29, 2010
    UnderRated just like all Her Albums. Very few Filler, actually just Lesser Thans, not Fillers. Yes it has flaws but most of the time people are just nick picking and judging all the wrong things. Not Fair. Great Album.
  7. May 23, 2011
    Sasha Fierce is on the whole more exciting, artistic and brave than its boring partner disc. Could do with more time being spent on creating two bold discs instead of one that'll undeniably be thrown in the scrap heap.
  8. Oct 26, 2010
    The two diffrent sides on this ablum are very diffrent than one another, and really does show how the real Beyonce, and her alter-ego "Sasha Fierce", think and feel. But there is just too many pointless songs to overcome.
  9. Jun 29, 2011
    After B'Day, I expected an improvement, but obviously, I Am ... Sasha Fierce just doesn't do it for me. Although it has some really good moments (If I Were A Boy, Halo, BHG, Hello, Ego, Radio, Sweet Dreams, Single Ladies), it really has some epically fails (Video Phone, Diva, Why Don't You Love Me). As a whole, an average album and the worst I've listened to from her ... so far.
  10. Jun 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Love this album. Definitely deserves the 16 Grammy ! Halo her best song and her vocal absolutely amazing. Single Ladies Its the best dance songs of her. Expand
  11. Aug 19, 2011
    One of the best pop albums of the last few years. This is a different album than the typical Beyonce. She took a risk with this and it paid off. Favorite song is 'Halo' EPIC.
  12. Aug 26, 2011
    O melhor álbum de uma ótima carreira. Beyoncé refinou tanto seu som desta vez que teve que dividir o álbum em duas partes. A 1°, calma e romântica, mostra que a cantora sabe fazer baladas como ninguém. A 2°, dançante, é uma evolução de todos os hits r&b que ela criou. Vai ser difícil ela superar este álbum.
    Melhores faixas: Disappear / Single Ladies / Sweet Dreams
  13. Aug 22, 2011
    I'm also surprised this album received negative and mixed reviews. This is Beyonce's best album to date. On the Beyonce side she wasn't really Beyonce. i say that because her Beyonce songs were nnot similar to those on "Dangerously in Love". They were very soft but I liked them. "Halo" "Disappear" "Broken hearted girl" is my favorite songs from the side she utilizes her voice and gets high and low at the perfect time on them. Beyonce really feels the songs to me. The other songs on the Beyonce side were a little boring but showed how Beyonce can use so many voices. The songs were not bad though. Ave Maria was a remake and is one of Beyonce's better voices. Smash into you was good but many people wont relate and "thats why your beautiful" is my least favorite. On the "I am Sasha Fierce" side Beyonce took off and separated her self from the game. I loved all of the songs on that side but video phone I could've done without. My favorite is "scared of lonely" which could really been on either side. Diva was the **** Beyonce. Overall the album was great. It is worth buying and evaluating and you will at least like half of the songs. I dont think beyonce had to made it a double disc because it was not enough Beyonce or Sasha Fierce. It could have been one disc and the album still wouldve been great. Expand
  14. Jul 15, 2012
    This album is a favorite ! Beyonce has amazing vocals, beats, videos, and choreograpy that sets her work apart from anyone else! Beyonce is the modern Janet Jackson and she is dominating for good reason. If you do not like/love this album then you dont know how to identify good music. She goes from sexy to rage to fun in a heartbeat, its so diverse! Buy this album seriously if you havent already! No artist is touching this woman! Expand
  15. Dec 3, 2011
    This record was filth. Trying to charge fans money for 2 cd's with only a handful of songs on each. The music is best on the ballads, but the "Sasha Fierce" side of the album besides "Single Ladies" is awful. IT seems Beyonce copped out and didn't want to have a bomb on her hands like the way the ballad-filled 4 was. It's clear the record label wanted Beyonce to re-write the album with uptempo songs when she obviously didn't want to. Expand
  16. Nov 29, 2012
    the connection between the songs are way better on the I Am ... side; but the best songs are on Sasha Fierce; Nevertheless I Am happy she's singing less Urban music here; she needed that Record to etablish herself as iconic. It sounds like a WOMAN record (no longer the GIRL she was on previous albums).
    My favorite : Disappear / Hello is great performed live.
  17. May 31, 2012
    Halo Makes You Think This Is The Best Album Ever..
    I Love Beyonce But Vocally And Music Wise She CAN DO BETTER!
    Sadly This Is Not The Beyonce I Love...
  18. Oct 3, 2012
    When I first got the album, I really liked because it was Beyonce's. Now, I realise that reality crashed all the "love" for her. The first half is pretty good, especially because of "If I Were A Boy" and "Halo", songs which we never thought Beyonce will make. The other half, is boring: boring lyrics, plain music ( I am comparing the facts with her latest album, "4" which is, her best album in her entire career: she developed, not just lyrically, but also, musically). Too bad there are many stans, human beings who never know how to be realist ! Beyonce is a good entertainer, I met her in person at a concert, but all things have a limit. Expand
  19. Jan 6, 2013
    Another solid album from Beyoncé and when combining all the editions that were released there were around 20 songs to listen to so you were bound to like some of them! There are a few duds that probably could have been left out but they are made up for by stand-outs like Sweet Dreams & Halo.
  20. Apr 21, 2013
    Very good album, all the songs i like. Halo is amazing and her vocals are very strong. Diva is a brilliant tune which i also dance to, singles ladies and sweet dreams are also really good songs.
  21. Nov 17, 2013
    This album is very much different from the sounds of her "Dangerously in Love" and "B'Day". And I happen to like this kind of Beyonce more. "Halo" is a masterpiece, so are "If I Were a Boy", "Single Ladies", and "Broken-Hearted Girl". The alter-ego concept works out amazingly fine in this album. I think she's just a genius artist for coming up with the album concept.
  22. Dec 16, 2013
    When you think Beyoncé could
    do nothing worse she comes with it. ''I Am Sasha Fierce'' sounds like a
    cd that Suzana Vieira could have done wiith the compositions by
    Thiaguinho. ''Single Ladies'' became a major success in the Complexo da
    Maré, bringing the happiness of their fans and bringing pain to our
    ears.

She's not there yet, but the effort is fascinating, and hopefully she will keep on this path.
  2. Mar 2, 2011
    While an interesting concept, neither CD contains enough strong material to match up to either of her previous releases, and at times, the constant barrage of R&B cliches and adult-contemporary production make it sound like Beyonce is rapidly transforming from hot, hip pop goddess to your standard bored diva.
  3. I Am...Sasha Fierce does offer two compelling sides of the singer.