I Get Wet - Andrew W.K.
7.0

Review this album

1. Apr 23, 2013
    Hard-arena-party-rock from a classically trained pianist. The concept sounds ridiculous and cheesy, and it is which makes it a fun record that demands to be replayed. Its stupid, but its clever.
  2. Mar 10, 2012
    To this day, i've never survived the whole album. So that's a negative right away. The fact that I can't be bothered to listen to the album as a whole says something. About half of the tracks on the album are pure ****. Just hard rock with someone with throat cancer as lead vocal. Funny, because that's pretty much Andrew's whole career - half of his songs are complete crap. With I Get Wet, I have to admit, Andrew brings a completely different sound. Not the usual rock music we are used to. This is art rock, and "Ready to Die" and "Party Hard" show that well. Too bad the rest of the album is not that great as these two songs. "She Is Beautiful", "Don't Stop Living In The Red" and "Take It Off" are okay, but in retrospect, this album is somewhat decent. Expand
  3. Aug 16, 2010
    People say they don't know which track is best. There's only 1 track!

And Andrew ... please wash your jeans & buy new sneakers. I don't know what statement you're trying to make, but every time i see you I keep thinking about tv commercials for Daz Automatic and other leading brands of washing powder.

1. So then, what is the excuse for a typically elitist music nerd to bow to Andrew WK's blistering tard-rock? That's right, folks: there isn't one.
  2. At its best, WK's music is a refreshing blast of skanky air on the current stale music scene, but at its worst, it's disappointingly monotonous, unoriginal, and very, very dumb.
    Those in search of a gloriously moronic keg-party soundtrack will wet themselves with pleasure. [Apr/May 2002, p.112]