8.6

Review this album

1. Yep,Icky
    Jun 20, 2007
    A surprisingly weak album. I've listened to it many times, and it just doesn't match up to previous efforts. Perhaps recommended for the hardest-core fans, but beyond that it's not got much to offer.
  2. gregc.
    Jul 9, 2007
    probably the worst thing i have ever listened to. Jack white has one of the worst voices in music. Their is absolutley no flow or rhythm in this whole album. A bunch of crap is what this is
  3. JamesMusik
    Jun 22, 2007
    i duno what it is about white stripes, i just cant stand their stuff... i think they are so over rated. i love alot of bands classed as "simular" to white stripes. but for some reason the white stripes fail to do it for me... or anything for that matter.
  4. JohnR
    Jul 6, 2007
    I'm obsessed all the way through to "Bone Broke," then I tune out for the bagpipe numbers, tune back in for "Rag and Bone," and then I rewind back to the start. "Effect and Cause" is the first Stripes song I truly hate: boring strummy blues and 100 hopelessly clever lines that all say the same thing. They set the bar too high with the last two albums I guess.
  5. marcg
    Jun 14, 2007
    the worst album of the stripes...
  6. suetkafa
    Jun 23, 2007
    worst album ever
  7. p
    Jun 21, 2007
    YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. JCCaird
    Jun 25, 2007
    A truly diabolical album. No rhythm, no flow, lethargic and inept musicianship. Gone are the days when they could actually carry a tune - now it's just a dreadful mess getting a typically hyperbolic response.
  9. tomD
    Jun 25, 2007
    he still cant sing, she still cant play the drums beyond a beginner's level. their success seems due more to hype than talent. they were better off sticking to the stripped down sound without getting all progressive. this cd hurts my ears

1. This is a heavyweight album in every sense of the word.
  2. This is by far The White Stripes’ most peculiar record.
    A compellingly weird experience. [Jul 2007, p.92]