9.1

Review this album

1. Nov 15, 2011
    Brilliant, brilliant album. It is almost odd at first to hear such personal Radiohead lyrics, but the warmth, missing from other albums brings you back to this one again and again. If I was to have a criticism it would be that, upon first listen, no track really jumps out at you as 'fantastic.' Yet, after two, three, four, five... listens they all jump out together, making this one of theBrilliant, brilliant album. It is almost odd at first to hear such personal Radiohead lyrics, but the warmth, missing from other albums brings you back to this one again and again. If I was to have a criticism it would be that, upon first listen, no track really jumps out at you as 'fantastic.' Yet, after two, three, four, five... listens they all jump out together, making this one of the best albums of that decade. Expand
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    What can I say about this album that hasn't already been said? This is Radiohead's most colorful album, and every track has a lot of enjoyment value.
  3. Jan 28, 2012
    Radiohead once again made â
  4. Feb 11, 2012
    Unbelievably good , in every sense. I've never heard emotion expressed in music in a more beautiful way. The greatest album Radiohead have ever made.
  5. Feb 17, 2012
    One of the boiling points of modern music. Absolutely stunning renditions of the finest pieces of music ever written.
  6. May 14, 2012
    it was nice to hear radiohead return to playing together again. after all hail to the thief, thom got out of the band's way with his little solo record, and it's nice to see what came of it. this band plays well together in a way that very few other bands can.
  7. Jul 5, 2012
    Now that we're past all the pay-what-you-want hype, we can look at it objectiviely, and realise that this is their bets album, hands down. it's perfect.
  8. Oct 13, 2012
    Near the beginning I didn't really like it and felt that radiohead had begun to shy away from it's the bends/ok computer beginning(pablo honey didn't really count for most fans) but it started to grow on me as it progressed.
  9. Mar 22, 2013
    Stop telling me what to listen to haters. gtfo of here and go listen to Justin Timberlake or Beyonce if you want ├╝ber catchy pop on a "great" voice.
  10. Feb 23, 2013
    "In Rainbows" is a colossal of modern music.Joyful,teary and full of humanity.Lyminous lyrics,great vocals,exquisite guitar efforts from Jonny.Best of the best
  11. Feb 17, 2013
    Beautiful and sophisticated. On constant replay. These songs are simply captivating. I hope they do more along these lines, because I can't get enough of this, and I want more!
  12. Feb 23, 2013
    A great record, all songs on it are worth listening to, and the best Radiohead since OK Computer. Although this may upset a lot of fans, it might even be better than OK Computer.
  13. May 13, 2013
    This is the first Radiohead's album I ever listened. My favorite song is 15 Step because the musical arrangement, that is so amazing. The whole album is beautiful and needs to be listened by all.
  14. Nov 17, 2014
    It would seem impossible to create an album that in ten songs touches upon grief, death, ecstasy, love, and relationships in 10 songs. Radiohead(my personal favorite band), laughs at this impossibility and instead creates one of the greatest albums I've ever heard.
  15. Jun 18, 2013
    Just pure perfection, easily Radiohead's 3rd best album, behind Kid A, and OK Computer, but this album is a lot different than anything they have ever done. This particular album has beautiful melodies and almost every song on this album you can listen to. Definitely the best of 2008.
  16. Jul 31, 2013
    Amazing album deserves all the praise it gets. In rainbows is a really chilled out album and not as dark as some of Radioheads other work. Great album to relax to with a cup of tea
  17. Sep 7, 2013
    To say In Rainbows was an amazing album is simply an understatement. Radiohead not only created a masterpiece, exceeding any expectation that fans and critics had, but did so in a time where true musicianship was at a very low output. Where some bands may have gave in and reincarnated their sound to fit a mainstream tone, Radiohead took the sounds of alternative rock a craftily arranged itTo say In Rainbows was an amazing album is simply an understatement. Radiohead not only created a masterpiece, exceeding any expectation that fans and critics had, but did so in a time where true musicianship was at a very low output. Where some bands may have gave in and reincarnated their sound to fit a mainstream tone, Radiohead took the sounds of alternative rock a craftily arranged it with symphonic harmonies and electronic beats, making the best album of the 2000s in my opinion. Personally my favorite Radiohead album, as there is no song I dislike. They nailed it on this one, and unfortunately, I think set a bar too high for any future projects, as King Of Limbs, though solid, was a flop compared to In Rainbows. Expand
  18. Aug 26, 2013
    Radiohead's most consistent album to date, In Rainbows is a calming, yet also complex experience featuring beautiful melodies and instrumentation. It is pure artistic perfection in every sense of the word.
  19. Oct 6, 2013
    You will hear many hardcore music lovers complain about the lack of great, rythmic, catchy and deep lyrics in recent releases but Radiohead once again demonstrate why they are still relevant and one of the greatest bands to grace the industry by providing us with one of the best albums since, well, KID A.

I feel you can't give the album a just analysis in 5000 characters but all I can say is buy/download it and give it a few good listense. It may not be OK Computer level stuff (let's admit, are we ever gonna see something as genius as that again?) but it's superb music.

20. Feb 3, 2014
    One of my favourite radiohead albums...... there is not one song where you can say "meh"...... and skip it....... the album gets better everytime you listen to it.......
  21. Dec 5, 2013
    I would really write this review in spanish to can really express what this album makes me feel every single time I play it. Its the only perfect album from Radiohead in my opinion. Since "15 step" begins, my ears starts to feel something unique and special. Its beat, the bassline, the ondes martenot sounds and the lyrics are just wonderful. Then "Bodysnatchers", one the most rocker songsI would really write this review in spanish to can really express what this album makes me feel every single time I play it. Its the only perfect album from Radiohead in my opinion. Since "15 step" begins, my ears starts to feel something unique and special. Its beat, the bassline, the ondes martenot sounds and the lyrics are just wonderful. Then "Bodysnatchers", one the most rocker songs on their catalog. "Nude", my personal favorite track on this album and in their whole career, it has some beauty that any other musician had make feel ever. The following track, "All I need", is so dark, so tense, so creepy at times that makes me feel goosebumps and it has that beautiful endind that just makes feel orgasmated. "Faust arp", with that "new" style to sing on Thom's voice is unnatural. "Reckoner: PERFECT TRACK! And then the last 3 tracks, essential in Radiohead's career, but they are like just one piece that should be listened together to understand what it really is. In my whole life, this is the only album I play if I'm sad or angry or better if I'm happy, not matter the season, the hour, the circumstances, its perfect. Expand
  22. Apr 14, 2014
    the best album of radiohead that I never heard, is the great album with balance, to the great album of great heavy and the great level of the bends and ok computer, the fans should have in this private collection, in format CD, or Downloaded, is the best album of 2000's era of RADIOHEAD
  23. Jul 11, 2014
    This is Radioheads 7th studio album and it doesn't disappoint, if your into Radiohead you will know they like a change, from Ok Computer to Kid A. This album really showcases Thom Yorke's vocal range and there creativity with the unique rhythm the tracks have, this album was also produced well. You can tell a lot of effort went into this making this album as a whole, and it payed off.This is Radioheads 7th studio album and it doesn't disappoint, if your into Radiohead you will know they like a change, from Ok Computer to Kid A. This album really showcases Thom Yorke's vocal range and there creativity with the unique rhythm the tracks have, this album was also produced well. You can tell a lot of effort went into this making this album as a whole, and it payed off. Radiohead decided to release this album on there site, letting everyone decide what there willing to pay for it. Which worked out well for them. The first two tracks on this album are different from the rest with having a more up beat to them, and the other 8 tracks having a slower rhythm to them. each instruments fitting in perfectly with the tracks, they also flow together well. The lyrics are clever and are backed up by beautiful instruments and Yorke's vocals. It's hard to pick out certain tracks as favorites because there all great. If your a fan of Radioheads earlier albums this might not be for you, there aren't heavy up heat tracks like there where on The Bends. But all up this album came together well, highly recommend it. Expand
  24. Jul 24, 2014
    This album combines all of Radiohead's strengths; the heavy post-punk riff of "Bodysnatchers", the quirky electronica opener "15 Step", the brooding emo pop like "Nude", "All I Need" and the darkly romantic "Jigsaw Falling Into Place" and "Arpeggi". But they also show us new colors (a variety of which credits the album's title "In Rainbows"). On House of Cards the once-so-sinister YorkeThis album combines all of Radiohead's strengths; the heavy post-punk riff of "Bodysnatchers", the quirky electronica opener "15 Step", the brooding emo pop like "Nude", "All I Need" and the darkly romantic "Jigsaw Falling Into Place" and "Arpeggi". But they also show us new colors (a variety of which credits the album's title "In Rainbows"). On House of Cards the once-so-sinister Yorke plays a desperate lover against a jolly acoustic guitar, on Videotape he plays a suicidal optimist against a piano, and on Faust Arp he shows his rapper/Dylan side, only past seen on Wolf at the Door.

But this is not just a showcase of Radiohead's talents- Hail To The Thief did that just fine- this is a great album. It's emotional & warm, yet bleak and cold, and one listen to this album can change my mood for days. Second only to OK Computer, this shines as a thrilling installment in Radiohead's repertoire.
    Key Tracks: Bodysnatchers, All I Need, Videotape, Reckoner
    Low Points: None, but if I had to choose Nude or Faust Arp.
  25. Aug 5, 2014
    Radiohead succeeded in making an awesome album using instruments. No effects, all the production went in making crystal-clear the sound of every piece of the puzzle.
    This is an amazing masterpiece.
  26. Oct 11, 2014
    After all these years it is still visceral, hard breaking and edgy - if it doesn't rip your heart out then you have lost more than you could ever imagine.
  27. Dec 9, 2014
    'Don't get any...Big ideas...'
    Chilling. I was 18 and in a relationship when Radiohead released this Pay as you wish masterpiece, and I can remember vividly the effect it had on me. Be warned though, its gloomy, depressing, shockingly real and absolutely exquisite.
    'Don't get any...Big ideas...'
    Whether it's Yorke's screech in Nude, the shrill keyboard in All I need Greenwood's gorgeous riffs in Faust Arp or Segway's delicate cymbals in Reckoner- In Rainbows is a comprehensive symphony of varied and sustained brilance. '
    Fresh out of secondary school, In Rainbows rocked me to the core. It made me question everything about the world and all of my preconceptions; but I suppose that is what we should expect of Radiohead. I must admit Hail to the Thief had made me slightly concerned about where the band was progressing, but one foul sweep, a single listen from beginning to end obliterated any of those and as stated simply raised questions about life.
    Truly brillant. Eleven years on after OK Computer, Radiohead have stormed back into the pantheon of musical greatness.
  28. Mar 8, 2015
    Now THIS is what I call an album. In Rainbows is pure bliss from start to finish. The songs flow together nicely, but there's quite a bit of variety here to keep it interesting, and I think that's my favorite thing about it. There are moments that are full of energy and others that are deeply introspective and melancholy. This album leaves little to be wanted, and the fact that it allNow THIS is what I call an album. In Rainbows is pure bliss from start to finish. The songs flow together nicely, but there's quite a bit of variety here to keep it interesting, and I think that's my favorite thing about it. There are moments that are full of energy and others that are deeply introspective and melancholy. This album leaves little to be wanted, and the fact that it all works together so nicely is quite stunning. A fantastic effort from one of the most innovative bands out there. Expand
  29. Mar 19, 2015
    Radiohead's 7th full length LP, their first since 'Hail to the Thief' (2003) brought about a subtle change of approach of creating and indeed distributing an album. This is not only a change which resulted with their best work since OK Computer (1997) and Kid A (2000) and perhaps their best work yet, but may have also started the investigation into the important question, how much is aRadiohead's 7th full length LP, their first since 'Hail to the Thief' (2003) brought about a subtle change of approach of creating and indeed distributing an album. This is not only a change which resulted with their best work since OK Computer (1997) and Kid A (2000) and perhaps their best work yet, but may have also started the investigation into the important question, how much is a piece of music worth in the modern era?
    Putting the album's distributive element to one side the music is amazing throughout, like many of Radiohead's albums prior to this there are no tracks which you are likely to skip, a sign of a truly great record, something the somewhat erratic and slapdash immediacy of 'Hail to the Thief' was guilty of in
    places showing that even at their 15 year stay, at this point, as one of rock music's biggest names, they were still improving, still innovating and refining their ever-changing sound. This album will surely place Radiohead on a well deserved pedestal, if it hasn't already.
  30. Mar 29, 2015
    One of the best albums that I have ever listened to in my life. Such a brilliant composition by an amazing band. I love listening to it every time I can.
  31. May 16, 2015
    The most amazing album Radiohead have put out in the most recent years and the proof that the band even after decades of career is still going strong. The record presents itself as a more intimate and even more dramatic group of songs than Hail to the Thief. The songwriting is very mature and the style resembles the mellow and pessimistic tunes of The Bends or even Pablo Honey, but withThe most amazing album Radiohead have put out in the most recent years and the proof that the band even after decades of career is still going strong. The record presents itself as a more intimate and even more dramatic group of songs than Hail to the Thief. The songwriting is very mature and the style resembles the mellow and pessimistic tunes of The Bends or even Pablo Honey, but with tons of experience to back it up. Truly a masterpiece of our time, although not quite as incredible as The Bends, Ok Computer or Kid A. Expand

1. In Rainbows really does present Radiohead at their most full-blooded and confident.
  2. Overall, the material feels more human, more honest, more assured.
  3. Happily, In Rainbows is pretty, pretty good.