9.1

Review this album

1. Apr 13, 2012
    A set in stone classic in my opinion. Undoubtedly one of the albums of the 00's. 10 tracks and not a weak one to be found - Faust Arp is the only thing that is not completely sublime on it. This Radiohead's strongest work since Kid A. 15 Steps, Nude, All I Need, Reckoner are all masterpieces. Perfectly balances the best parts of old and new Radiohead, rhythmic experimentation with tunesA set in stone classic in my opinion. Undoubtedly one of the albums of the 00's. 10 tracks and not a weak one to be found - Faust Arp is the only thing that is not completely sublime on it. This Radiohead's strongest work since Kid A. 15 Steps, Nude, All I Need, Reckoner are all masterpieces. Perfectly balances the best parts of old and new Radiohead, rhythmic experimentation with tunes and melodies. Phenomenal. Expand
  2. Mar 1, 2011
    In Rainbows is Radiohead's second best album. (Kid A being first). It sounds like nothing you'll ever hear. Really smooth and soft on the ears. Thom Yorke's beautiful voice sings his most intense love songs ever. "All I Need" is a perfect example of that. All In All, Radiohead have created a great album once again. A-
  3. j30
    Aug 11, 2011
    A perfect album and one of the best albums of the decade. This is one of those albums you'll look back on and remember the exact time and place you first listened to it. It's a record that changed the music industry forever by asking consumers how much their music meant to them. Apparently a lot, because the album went number 1 on music charts when the cd copy came out. It's kind of funnyA perfect album and one of the best albums of the decade. This is one of those albums you'll look back on and remember the exact time and place you first listened to it. It's a record that changed the music industry forever by asking consumers how much their music meant to them. Apparently a lot, because the album went number 1 on music charts when the cd copy came out. It's kind of funny to think that this album didn't win "Album of the Year" at the Grammy's. Expand
  4. Mar 8, 2015
    Now THIS is what I call an album. In Rainbows is pure bliss from start to finish. The songs flow together nicely, but there's quite a bit of variety here to keep it interesting, and I think that's my favorite thing about it. There are moments that are full of energy and others that are deeply introspective and melancholy. This album leaves little to be wanted, and the fact that it allNow THIS is what I call an album. In Rainbows is pure bliss from start to finish. The songs flow together nicely, but there's quite a bit of variety here to keep it interesting, and I think that's my favorite thing about it. There are moments that are full of energy and others that are deeply introspective and melancholy. This album leaves little to be wanted, and the fact that it all works together so nicely is quite stunning. A fantastic effort from one of the most innovative bands out there. Expand
  5. Jan 8, 2013
    A fully-realized new style for Radiohead in '07 lead to one of the best albums ever made, a rich, textural paradigm appropriately composed of an emotional juxtaposition of equal parts melancholy and joyous exploration of new ideas, new feelings. Instrumentally, you can't do better and Thom's voice on this thing has literally brought me to tears.
  6. Sep 7, 2010
    Another perfect Radiohead album. Absolutely beautiful. First listen is amazing and it improves with each subsequent one. Songs like "All I Need" and "Reckoner" especially impress, and the album doesn't have a weak spot.
  7. Apr 14, 2014
    the best album of radiohead that I never heard, is the great album with balance, to the great album of great heavy and the great level of the bends and ok computer, the fans should have in this private collection, in format CD, or Downloaded, is the best album of 2000's era of RADIOHEAD
  8. Aug 31, 2011
    Oh we all know Radiohead. Describe it however you want it wether you'd say beautiful, crazy, incredible, original, etc/ This album and this band is a masterful work of art
  9. Aug 5, 2014
    Radiohead succeeded in making an awesome album using instruments. No effects, all the production went in making crystal-clear the sound of every piece of the puzzle.
    This is an amazing masterpiece.
  10. Jul 11, 2014
    This is Radioheads 7th studio album and it doesn't disappoint, if your into Radiohead you will know they like a change, from Ok Computer to Kid A. This album really showcases Thom Yorke's vocal range and there creativity with the unique rhythm the tracks have, this album was also produced well. You can tell a lot of effort went into this making this album as a whole, and it payed off.This is Radioheads 7th studio album and it doesn't disappoint, if your into Radiohead you will know they like a change, from Ok Computer to Kid A. This album really showcases Thom Yorke's vocal range and there creativity with the unique rhythm the tracks have, this album was also produced well. You can tell a lot of effort went into this making this album as a whole, and it payed off. Radiohead decided to release this album on there site, letting everyone decide what there willing to pay for it. Which worked out well for them. The first two tracks on this album are different from the rest with having a more up beat to them, and the other 8 tracks having a slower rhythm to them. each instruments fitting in perfectly with the tracks, they also flow together well. The lyrics are clever and are backed up by beautiful instruments and Yorke's vocals. It's hard to pick out certain tracks as favorites because there all great. If your a fan of Radioheads earlier albums this might not be for you, there aren't heavy up heat tracks like there where on The Bends. But all up this album came together well, highly recommend it. Expand
  11. Oct 5, 2010
    Song for song, likely my favorite Radiohead album: there isn't a single mediocre track on the album. I bought it when they originally offered it for whatever you wanted to pay (I believe I put in 5 pounds, something like 10-11 dollars then). This is the first Radiohead album I ever listened to (have bought all the others except Amnesiac since then) and it still continues to amaze me withSong for song, likely my favorite Radiohead album: there isn't a single mediocre track on the album. I bought it when they originally offered it for whatever you wanted to pay (I believe I put in 5 pounds, something like 10-11 dollars then). This is the first Radiohead album I ever listened to (have bought all the others except Amnesiac since then) and it still continues to amaze me with the quality of the music. It's often been described as a "lush" album, and I couldn't think of a better word. The album is an interesting counter to the cold sadness of "Kid A". I love electronic rhythms of Kid A, but it's nice to see Radiohead come full circle from the experimentation of that album to a more familiar sound that still stands apart from the rest. Expand
  12. Feb 23, 2013
    A great record, all songs on it are worth listening to, and the best Radiohead since OK Computer. Although this may upset a lot of fans, it might even be better than OK Computer.
  13. May 13, 2013
    This is the first Radiohead's album I ever listened. My favorite song is 15 Step because the musical arrangement, that is so amazing. The whole album is beautiful and needs to be listened by all.
  14. Mar 16, 2011
    Most artists go through their career not achieving the greatest albums of all time. Radiohead did it THREE times. OK Computer. Kid A. In Rainbows. For nearly five years, the riff from "Bodysnatchers" is still scratching in my brain ever since. This album is a masterpiece. I'm not joking.
  15. Aug 26, 2013
    Radiohead's most consistent album to date, In Rainbows is a calming, yet also complex experience featuring beautiful melodies and instrumentation. It is pure artistic perfection in every sense of the word.
  16. Sep 5, 2010
    It's a great album, but I think Radiohead has done better. I like how it's much different from what they've done before, but I hope they go back to melting faces on the next record
  17. May 16, 2015
    The most amazing album Radiohead have put out in the most recent years and the proof that the band even after decades of career is still going strong. The record presents itself as a more intimate and even more dramatic group of songs than Hail to the Thief. The songwriting is very mature and the style resembles the mellow and pessimistic tunes of The Bends or even Pablo Honey, but withThe most amazing album Radiohead have put out in the most recent years and the proof that the band even after decades of career is still going strong. The record presents itself as a more intimate and even more dramatic group of songs than Hail to the Thief. The songwriting is very mature and the style resembles the mellow and pessimistic tunes of The Bends or even Pablo Honey, but with tons of experience to back it up. Truly a masterpiece of our time, although not quite as incredible as The Bends, Ok Computer or Kid A. Expand
  18. Feb 12, 2011
    I loved this. It's my favorite Radiohead, second to OK Conputer. This is different than most music out there. I recommend this for people who like alternative and indie rock.
  19. Nov 16, 2011
    What can I say about this album that hasn't already been said? This is Radiohead's most colorful album, and every track has a lot of enjoyment value.
  20. Jan 28, 2012
    Radiohead once again made â
  21. May 14, 2012
    it was nice to hear radiohead return to playing together again. after all hail to the thief, thom got out of the band's way with his little solo record, and it's nice to see what came of it. this band plays well together in a way that very few other bands can.
  22. Oct 8, 2010
    maybe its not their most revolutionery album...but its certainly their loveliest and cachiest one.
    every single track is right thing to hear.....and headphone effects just blow your mind...... in fact its just an amazing masterpiece!
  23. Mar 12, 2011
    Writing this in 2011 I can honestly say this is the album that best represents the 2000-09 decade. Tracks like Nude, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, and Videotape show Radiohead at their most raw emotionally.
  24. Aug 31, 2011
    One of those perfect albums. Every song is memorable in some way, the lyrics are amazing, and the band plays their instruments flawlessly. Definitely the best album in the past 10 years and Radiohead's best work yet.
  25. Aug 7, 2011
    This is a fantastic album, there are two songs that I'm not quite feeling, but they're not bad songs. This is Radiohead at their best, and Radiohead at their best is Alternative Rock at its best imo. From 15 step to Weird Fishes/Arpeggi is perfection. All I need is a decent song, but night quite as good as the four before it. Faust Arp is short and sweet and wonderful. Reckoner is probablyThis is a fantastic album, there are two songs that I'm not quite feeling, but they're not bad songs. This is Radiohead at their best, and Radiohead at their best is Alternative Rock at its best imo. From 15 step to Weird Fishes/Arpeggi is perfection. All I need is a decent song, but night quite as good as the four before it. Faust Arp is short and sweet and wonderful. Reckoner is probably my second favorite song on the album after the stellar weird fishes/arpeggi and then we get House of Cards. Probably my least favorite song on the album, but still one I can never skip. The last two songs, Jigsaw Falling into place and videotape are polar opposites, but both wonderful. I can't praise this album enough. Expand
  26. Dec 9, 2014
    'Don't get any...Big ideas...'
    Chilling. I was 18 and in a relationship when Radiohead released this Pay as you wish masterpiece, and I can remember vividly the effect it had on me. Be warned though, its gloomy, depressing, shockingly real and absolutely exquisite.
    'Don't get any...Big ideas...'
    Whether it's Yorke's screech in Nude, the shrill keyboard in All I need Greenwood's gorgeous riffs in Faust Arp or Segway's delicate cymbals in Reckoner- In Rainbows is a comprehensive symphony of varied and sustained brilance. '
    Fresh out of secondary school, In Rainbows rocked me to the core. It made me question everything about the world and all of my preconceptions; but I suppose that is what we should expect of Radiohead. I must admit Hail to the Thief had made me slightly concerned about where the band was progressing, but one foul sweep, a single listen from beginning to end obliterated any of those and as stated simply raised questions about life.
    Truly brillant. Eleven years on after OK Computer, Radiohead have stormed back into the pantheon of musical greatness.
  27. Apr 13, 2011
    IN RAINBOWS will be remembered for the marketing scheme to promote the album. The album itself is only ten tracks, none that demonstrate innovation or creativity that Radiohead were once known for. It's not ambitious as all it gives the listener a collection of love songs that pose beauty but no emotional depth. It starts off with '15 Step' a song that combines electronic with Radiohead'sIN RAINBOWS will be remembered for the marketing scheme to promote the album. The album itself is only ten tracks, none that demonstrate innovation or creativity that Radiohead were once known for. It's not ambitious as all it gives the listener a collection of love songs that pose beauty but no emotional depth. It starts off with '15 Step' a song that combines electronic with Radiohead's now distinct lack of instruments. The song is largely forgettable, destined to be a skipper due to the directionless noise on the track that lacks of the depth of previous Radiohead tracks such as 'National Anthem.' Following it is 'Bodysnatchers' and 'Nude,' both two beautiful tracks that are highlights. Both, thankfully, are stripped down by the pretensions of the last two Radiohead albums and give the fans interesting and versatile tracks. The start of 'Nude' has beauty written all over it. Unfortunately, the rest of the album falls into dullness, and it feels that In Rainbows never reaches a climatic high of any sort. Whilst tracks such as 'All I Need' and 'Videotape' are amazing in their own ways and highlights, they are just songs that become tiresome. In Rainbows is a frustrating listen, one that will disappoint, lacks the beauty it tries to convey, comes across as self- indulgent and is reckless in it's lack of originality. Radiohead may be pushing forward in the promotion stakes, but musically wise, they are similar to a runner who spends too long of his time at the water stand. Expand
  28. Mar 9, 2011
    I'm a diehard fan, but even a few years later I am split on this album. In comparison to their prior work, this album doesn't do as much for me. The over-orchestration, the pointless Faust ARP, the mediocre guitar throwback of Bodysnatchers, this annoyingly paced Videotape, the excellent Go Slowly left to rot on a second disc of throwaways... Yet somehow, it all works. In the right mood,I'm a diehard fan, but even a few years later I am split on this album. In comparison to their prior work, this album doesn't do as much for me. The over-orchestration, the pointless Faust ARP, the mediocre guitar throwback of Bodysnatchers, this annoyingly paced Videotape, the excellent Go Slowly left to rot on a second disc of throwaways... Yet somehow, it all works. In the right mood, on a lovely day, this album is incredibly satisfying, even refreshing, and song after song send shivers down my spine. By far their most accessible album since The Bends, it's sometimes overly sentimental and downright gushy at points. The climaxes are almost annoyingly affective, like a cheap thrill ending up better than you anticipate. But so was "High & Dry", dammit. And that was the song that made me a fan. So maybe it isn't full of mind-bending experiments. It's still pretty great. It will never be my favorite, but despite my complaints, this album just works. Listen to it with the love of your life. Expand
  29. Mar 22, 2013
    Stop telling me what to listen to haters. gtfo of here and go listen to Justin Timberlake or Beyonce if you want ├╝ber catchy pop on a "great" voice.
  30. Nov 17, 2014
    It would seem impossible to create an album that in ten songs touches upon grief, death, ecstasy, love, and relationships in 10 songs. Radiohead(my personal favorite band), laughs at this impossibility and instead creates one of the greatest albums I've ever heard.
  31. Mar 19, 2015
    Radiohead's 7th full length LP, their first since 'Hail to the Thief' (2003) brought about a subtle change of approach of creating and indeed distributing an album. This is not only a change which resulted with their best work since OK Computer (1997) and Kid A (2000) and perhaps their best work yet, but may have also started the investigation into the important question, how much is aRadiohead's 7th full length LP, their first since 'Hail to the Thief' (2003) brought about a subtle change of approach of creating and indeed distributing an album. This is not only a change which resulted with their best work since OK Computer (1997) and Kid A (2000) and perhaps their best work yet, but may have also started the investigation into the important question, how much is a piece of music worth in the modern era?
    Putting the album's distributive element to one side the music is amazing throughout, like many of Radiohead's albums prior to this there are no tracks which you are likely to skip, a sign of a truly great record, something the somewhat erratic and slapdash immediacy of 'Hail to the Thief' was guilty of in
    places showing that even at their 15 year stay, at this point, as one of rock music's biggest names, they were still improving, still innovating and refining their ever-changing sound. This album will surely place Radiohead on a well deserved pedestal, if it hasn't already.
  32. Sep 7, 2010
    a truly great album, start to finish full of atmosphere and gloom, every song reflects a deep feeling and provokes happiness, sadness or depression. great album.
  33. May 7, 2011
    Absolutely stunning from start to finish - there is not a dull or skippable track in my opinion. In every way this is a perfect album: I can't fault it.
  34. Feb 17, 2012
    One of the boiling points of modern music. Absolutely stunning renditions of the finest pieces of music ever written.
  35. Jul 31, 2013
    Amazing album deserves all the praise it gets. In rainbows is a really chilled out album and not as dark as some of Radioheads other work. Great album to relax to with a cup of tea
  36. Dec 5, 2013
    I would really write this review in spanish to can really express what this album makes me feel every single time I play it. Its the only perfect album from Radiohead in my opinion. Since "15 step" begins, my ears starts to feel something unique and special. Its beat, the bassline, the ondes martenot sounds and the lyrics are just wonderful. Then "Bodysnatchers", one the most rocker songsI would really write this review in spanish to can really express what this album makes me feel every single time I play it. Its the only perfect album from Radiohead in my opinion. Since "15 step" begins, my ears starts to feel something unique and special. Its beat, the bassline, the ondes martenot sounds and the lyrics are just wonderful. Then "Bodysnatchers", one the most rocker songs on their catalog. "Nude", my personal favorite track on this album and in their whole career, it has some beauty that any other musician had make feel ever. The following track, "All I need", is so dark, so tense, so creepy at times that makes me feel goosebumps and it has that beautiful endind that just makes feel orgasmated. "Faust arp", with that "new" style to sing on Thom's voice is unnatural. "Reckoner: PERFECT TRACK! And then the last 3 tracks, essential in Radiohead's career, but they are like just one piece that should be listened together to understand what it really is. In my whole life, this is the only album I play if I'm sad or angry or better if I'm happy, not matter the season, the hour, the circumstances, its perfect. Expand
  37. Jul 24, 2014
    This album combines all of Radiohead's strengths; the heavy post-punk riff of "Bodysnatchers", the quirky electronica opener "15 Step", the brooding emo pop like "Nude", "All I Need" and the darkly romantic "Jigsaw Falling Into Place" and "Arpeggi". But they also show us new colors (a variety of which credits the album's title "In Rainbows"). On House of Cards the once-so-sinister YorkeThis album combines all of Radiohead's strengths; the heavy post-punk riff of "Bodysnatchers", the quirky electronica opener "15 Step", the brooding emo pop like "Nude", "All I Need" and the darkly romantic "Jigsaw Falling Into Place" and "Arpeggi". But they also show us new colors (a variety of which credits the album's title "In Rainbows"). On House of Cards the once-so-sinister Yorke plays a desperate lover against a jolly acoustic guitar, on Videotape he plays a suicidal optimist against a piano, and on Faust Arp he shows his rapper/Dylan side, only past seen on Wolf at the Door.

But this is not just a showcase of Radiohead's talents- Hail To The Thief did that just fine- this is a great album. It's emotional & warm, yet bleak and cold, and one listen to this album can change my mood for days. Second only to OK Computer, this shines as a thrilling installment in Radiohead's repertoire.
    Key Tracks: Bodysnatchers, All I Need, Videotape, Reckoner
    Low Points: None, but if I had to choose Nude or Faust Arp.
  38. Jul 8, 2011
    Deep, powerful, electronic, jazzy, experimental, dark. This album may be a contender to be Radiohead's best album. Kid A and Amnesiac just got some competition...
  39. Sep 5, 2010
    another amazing album by radiohead. this album is very diverse and has that ok computer- rock feel to it, and thats what makes it good. i cant stop listening. easily one of the best albums of the 21 century.
  40. Dec 19, 2010
    SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL.
    SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL.
    I have to admit that I'm more into heavy rock than any other genre, but with this album I can just relax in my couch at midday with my eyes closed and the sunlight illuminating the living room and feel so peaceful and calm that it works as a therapy for me. there are just a few albums that I can really listen to from start to finish without feeling the need to skip songs and this is one of them. although it took me a while to realize the power and perfection of this album (I bought the album to listen to Videotape) now it's become one of the few albums I keep in my mp3 player, car, stereo and pc at all times.
  41. Feb 24, 2011
    Though it has some weak tracks like Reckoner and Faust Arp, the rest of the album is very solid. Easily one of Radioheads most colorful and beautiful albums. You can feel the level of personality and warmth thom yorke and the rest of the band puts in the songs.
  42. May 6, 2011
    radiohead has no bad albums but this album is breakthrough self-released which had a pay what you want system.radiohead is a people's band true artist.this album is honestly almost perfect.not to mention way they incorporated the fans in there music.
  43. Aug 7, 2011
    A stunning album all the way through. Transcends any specific genre placement. In Rainbows gets better with every play and is a consistent experience without ever providing the same sound twice. As usual, Thom Yorke provides amazing and insightful lyrics. The album progresses in an entirely natural way starting with the upbeat 15 Step and closing with the surreal Videotape. A standoutA stunning album all the way through. Transcends any specific genre placement. In Rainbows gets better with every play and is a consistent experience without ever providing the same sound twice. As usual, Thom Yorke provides amazing and insightful lyrics. The album progresses in an entirely natural way starting with the upbeat 15 Step and closing with the surreal Videotape. A standout track would have to be Jigsaw Falling Into Place but because this album is strong beginning to end that choice is subject to change on a daily basis. Just a beautiful experience. Expand
  44. Nov 15, 2011
    Brilliant, brilliant album. It is almost odd at first to hear such personal Radiohead lyrics, but the warmth, missing from other albums brings you back to this one again and again. If I was to have a criticism it would be that, upon first listen, no track really jumps out at you as 'fantastic.' Yet, after two, three, four, five... listens they all jump out together, making this one of theBrilliant, brilliant album. It is almost odd at first to hear such personal Radiohead lyrics, but the warmth, missing from other albums brings you back to this one again and again. If I was to have a criticism it would be that, upon first listen, no track really jumps out at you as 'fantastic.' Yet, after two, three, four, five... listens they all jump out together, making this one of the best albums of that decade. Expand
  45. Feb 23, 2013
    "In Rainbows" is a colossal of modern music.Joyful,teary and full of humanity.Lyminous lyrics,great vocals,exquisite guitar efforts from Jonny.Best of the best
  46. Jun 18, 2013
    Just pure perfection, easily Radiohead's 3rd best album, behind Kid A, and OK Computer, but this album is a lot different than anything they have ever done. This particular album has beautiful melodies and almost every song on this album you can listen to. Definitely the best of 2008.
  47. Oct 6, 2013
    You will hear many hardcore music lovers complain about the lack of great, rythmic, catchy and deep lyrics in recent releases but Radiohead once again demonstrate why they are still relevant and one of the greatest bands to grace the industry by providing us with one of the best albums since, well, KID A.

I feel you can't give the album a just analysis in 5000 characters but all I can say is buy/download it and give it a few good listense. It may not be OK Computer level stuff (let's admit, are we ever gonna see something as genius as that again?) but it's superb music.

48. Feb 3, 2014
    One of my favourite radiohead albums...... there is not one song where you can say "meh"...... and skip it....... the album gets better everytime you listen to it.......
  49. Jan 20, 2015
    Arguably Radiohead's best work, although it has stiff competition from both Kid A and OK Computer. A complete explosion of some of the most beautiful sounds you will ever hear.
  50. Nov 1, 2012
    It's difficult to know where to start with this album. For me it's Radiohead's finest hour. Beautiful melodies, stunning compositions and a fluidity that is unparalleled. It flows. It really does. From one track to another it brings out a sense of wonder and connectivity that you rarely find these days. I've seen Radiohead live many many times and every time I hear one of these tracks itIt's difficult to know where to start with this album. For me it's Radiohead's finest hour. Beautiful melodies, stunning compositions and a fluidity that is unparalleled. It flows. It really does. From one track to another it brings out a sense of wonder and connectivity that you rarely find these days. I've seen Radiohead live many many times and every time I hear one of these tracks it gets better and better and better. Radiohead are without doubt the greatest band of our generation and I challenge you to find better. Expand
  51. Sep 18, 2011
    As for yes this is true Radiohead as always with always changing rhymes, clearer and sophomore instruments making our brain constantly searching for something. The talent of the band's members here comes to life in a strategic way to make us feel hidden pleasures, desires and wants.

Concluding in a great Radiohead way.
  52. Nov 6, 2011
    There's just something about this album. Each song is unique, but somehow connect. Vastly underrated when compared with Kid A and OK Computer. Where each of these albums had amazing high points, they both had some forgettable tracks. This album has spread its genius out throughout the whole album, peaking with "Reckoner", one of the most haunting songs ever recorded.
  53. Nov 15, 2011
    Outstanding, as expected. Probably Radiohead's most accessible effort; definitely good to start with if you're looking to get into them.
  54. Jul 5, 2012
    Now that we're past all the pay-what-you-want hype, we can look at it objectiviely, and realise that this is their bets album, hands down. it's perfect.
  55. Feb 17, 2013
    Beautiful and sophisticated. On constant replay. These songs are simply captivating. I hope they do more along these lines, because I can't get enough of this, and I want more!
  56. Mar 29, 2015
    One of the best albums that I have ever listened to in my life. Such a brilliant composition by an amazing band. I love listening to it every time I can.
  57. adamb.n
    Oct 12, 2007
    radiohead at their absolute best i dont recall having as many chills as that from an album since ok computer
  58. KeithR
    Oct 30, 2007
    Simply beautiful! - Soulful, lush. Right up there with The Bends and Kid-A, combining many elements of both offerings in a decidedly mature release.
  59. nikv.
    Feb 4, 2008
    A flawless album with lush and beautiful arrangements underpinned by Thom Yorke's exceptional voice. Stands up to OK Computer and The Bends. A masterful achievement.
  60. MagnusE
    Sep 18, 2009
    Amazing. End of story. OK Computer II
  61. StacyH
    Oct 13, 2007
    Absolutely love this album. From the awesome 90's college rock type songs like Bodysnatchers to the tranquil harmonies like All I Need, I am really loving this album. I'm on about my 20th listen now and I don't see my self stopping anytime soon.
  62. PatrickD
    Oct 17, 2007
    a lot looser and dare i say it, a lot funkier than anything theyve done. that said does it stand to their pinnacle as the greatest guitar rock band in the world: no. its a pleasure to listne to as radiohead sounds like theyre having fun. hopefully this leads to a warmer more emotive music in the future versus the cold rather boring stuff of the kid a-amnesiac-httf era
  63. jasonz.
    Oct 18, 2007
    This is starting to seem like their best album yet. I get the feeling that they are less afraid of pop music, especially based on Thom's latest quote on the blog. But this hasn't changed their obsession with making excellent and unique sounds. It just might make a little bit more sense to the average music lover than "Hail to the Theif", "Amnesiac", and "Kid A".
  64. bart
    Dec 20, 2007
    anyone who is not falling in love with this album simply does not have a soul.
  65. AnaG
    No doubt, best album of 2007
  66. WSiew
    Jun 29, 2008
    Nothing beats OK computer but this still stirs.
  67. BenR
    Nov 1, 2007
    Quite possibly the best record of the decade, maybe even since "OK Computer". Grab some headphones, put on "Nude", turn it up, close your eyes, and enjoy.
  68. GroovySpirit
    Oct 13, 2007
    Their best since 'The Bends'! I'm a big fan but really didn't expect it to be this good! 'Reckoner' proves their superior originality - no other bands come close. 'Bodysnatchers' - love the way after the 2nd verse it turns from a standard catchy tune into a brilliant climax - all in 4 mins - love it! Best of all it sounds optimistic and happy - Their best since 'The Bends'! I'm a big fan but really didn't expect it to be this good! 'Reckoner' proves their superior originality - no other bands come close. 'Bodysnatchers' - love the way after the 2nd verse it turns from a standard catchy tune into a brilliant climax - all in 4 mins - love it! Best of all it sounds optimistic and happy - makes you wanna bop your head along to the multi-texture beats, grooves & guitar. Expand
  69. md
    Oct 13, 2007
    can't stop playing this cd. all i need is one of their best songs ever.
  70. agusb
    Oct 13, 2007
    this is not music it's just weird sounds and someone speaking
  71. AdrianB
    Oct 13, 2007
    Amazing album, Best album of the year.
  72. KD
    Oct 13, 2007
    Honest, mature, so appreciated.
  73. IsaacAshe
    Nov 3, 2007
    Ultimately fails to grab you by the scruff all the way through - a disappointment after all the plaudits I read before listening, and the genius solo work of Thom Yorke that proceeded this release.
  74. luke
    best album of the year!
  75. TimC
    Oct 13, 2007
    7/10 compared to their other albums. It is good, very good in places. But it isn't up the
    re with OK Computer, The Bends or even Kid A.
  76. PaulC.
    Oct 14, 2007
    What is Dusted Magazine and why does it get a vote? This is hands down one of the best albums of 007. Worth every penny you decide to pay for it.
  77. justinz
    Oct 14, 2007
    Best Radiohead album since Kid A. Dare I say it even rivals OK Computer as Radiohead's best album...
  78. NikkiIkki
    Oct 14, 2007
    Brilliant! Ive been waiting for a fifth of my life for this album... and it was well worth it!
  79. GCB
    Oct 16, 2007
    Most of the talk about this album has been centred around its unique optional pay release system. Almost every topic about it on message boards contains question such as how much did you pay? Will the sound quality be better on the actual CD? will you be buying the box set aswell? If you squint hard enough you may found someone actually commenting on the quality of the songs but its seems Most of the talk about this album has been centred around its unique optional pay release system. Almost every topic about it on message boards contains question such as how much did you pay? Will the sound quality be better on the actual CD? will you be buying the box set aswell? If you squint hard enough you may found someone actually commenting on the quality of the songs but its seems most people have dismissed that this is actually a piece of music and not just a marketing experiment. For what its worth I paid £1 for the album as I figured if its good enough, I Expand
  80. HARRYG
    Oct 17, 2007
    On one listening, it sounds good. Really good, but better than O.K. Computer. Isn't that like saying more perfect than perfect?
  81. NemoM.
    Nov 8, 2007
    A great Album. Every track is quality.
  82. johnn.
    simply gorgeous!!!
  83. AlexF
    Nov 8, 2007
    It's a good album, but I expected more from Radiohead. It lacks that certain something that makes you realise that this is Radiohead.
  84. DanielL.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Emotional and darkness... Lindo, Radiohead.
  85. RobertV.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Amazing Album!!!!!!!
    Oct 22, 2007
    Best album ever!
  87. RyanT.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Listening to In Rainbows takes you from the bottom of the rainbow over the clouds and back down to earth at the end. Truly blissful.
  88. ColbyS.
    Oct 24, 2007
    At first listen, I was only impressed by All I Need and Videotape. However, like most of the best albums out there, this one's a grower. Upon further listening and delving into the beautiful idiosyncrasies, it's warm and dreamlike. Really quite impressive, and in its atypical minimalism, a true step for the band. Excellent.
  89. DD
    Oct 24, 2007
    This album contains some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard. About three of the songs hit an emotional chord that is equivalent to music from John Coltrane or Beethoven. Those tracks are sublime. The rest are very very high quality. I understand people who didn't like it. Most masterpieces sound awful the first time you hear it. A Love Supreme or The 9th Symphony by Ludwig This album contains some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard. About three of the songs hit an emotional chord that is equivalent to music from John Coltrane or Beethoven. Those tracks are sublime. The rest are very very high quality. I understand people who didn't like it. Most masterpieces sound awful the first time you hear it. A Love Supreme or The 9th Symphony by Ludwig Van isn't the most accessible on the first listen. It took me 3 times to get into OK Computer. The first time I heard it I thought it was trash. Sit through the album a couple of times while you are cleaning the house or checking email. It will hit you and you'll weep. Expand
  90. JoshW.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Elegant. Perfect.
  91. OlavJ
    Oct 30, 2007
    Excellent ! ..all of it. Still, think twice before listening to this album when you're feeling down ..it could just drag you further
  92. MandyJ.
    Jan 2, 2008
    This is their best album since OK Computer. I was skeptical at first, but I am glad I listened. Simply beautiful.
  93. JohnS.
    Jan 5, 2008
    There's no doubt about the quality and genius of this album. Like all post-2000 Radiohead releases, it does take a few spins to begin appreciating, but the more you listen to it, the better it gets. Go ahead and treat yourself with Scotch_mist if you haven't already, it worth all your time. Best album of the year for me
  94. JyotirmayaD
    Jan 9, 2008
    After listening to Kid A, I thought Radiohead were the most self-indulgent band to listen to. Well, what ya know... the critics hailed it as very good so I gave "In Rainbows" a listen. It was user friendly as they said it was.... and yes, I like it...like it....not Love it...
  95. DaveP.
    Feb 9, 2008
    This is NEW, in the sense that Radiohead seems to consciously implode, then explodes again renewed. Great album, a graduate of their last.
  96. JackL.
    Apr 10, 2008
    I'm a recent fan of Radiohead, and In Rainbows was the first one I listened, because of all the good critics about it. I can say this is THE best album so far. As I have read before in other coment: Album of The Year. Period.
  97. OsianL
    Mar 6, 2009
    One of the best albums I've ever listened to. Beautiful, innovative, smooth and deep- I just can't get bored of it.
  98. broj
    Apr 6, 2009
    Seldom does an album actually deserve a 10, this one clearly does. It's a work of great beauty and shows the amazing talent of this seminal band. A great return after a slightly disappointing Hail To The Theif. Album of the year.
  99. ScottW
    May 5, 2009
    One of the best albums ever made. Art rock at its best. Radiohead has always been one of the best artsy rock bands out. Few bands though other then Pink Floyd or Supertramp for example, get better and better when exploring them selves. In Rainbows is that kind of album and more. Like The Wall album or Breakfast in America, In Rainbows is a master of rock genius that shows just how One of the best albums ever made. Art rock at its best. Radiohead has always been one of the best artsy rock bands out. Few bands though other then Pink Floyd or Supertramp for example, get better and better when exploring them selves. In Rainbows is that kind of album and more. Like The Wall album or Breakfast in America, In Rainbows is a master of rock genius that shows just how priceless this group is. Expand
  100. PhillE
    Jan 3, 2010
    Can't understand why more people dont look at this as their best album. I mean its absolute brilliant. Not only the 10 main songs, but also the ones on the second disk. I loved kida/amnesiac/hail but I just think this one has more of something, and not in complexity or groundbreaking whatever, I just think they play the instrument better in this, arrangement is better. For me its Can't understand why more people dont look at this as their best album. I mean its absolute brilliant. Not only the 10 main songs, but also the ones on the second disk. I loved kida/amnesiac/hail but I just think this one has more of something, and not in complexity or groundbreaking whatever, I just think they play the instrument better in this, arrangement is better. For me its like they have taken all the fantastic stuff they already had going on and just made it perfect. Album of the decade if you ask me. Expand

1. In Rainbows really does present Radiohead at their most full-blooded and confident.
  2. Overall, the material feels more human, more honest, more assured.
  3. Happily, In Rainbows is pretty, pretty good.