9.0

Review this album

1. RyanL.
    Mar 27, 2002
    Album of the year baby! Innovative and fresh. Not your carbon-copy hip-hop, don't be afraid on the unique.
  2. EdgarPOE
    Mar 7, 2002
    THE BEST ALBULM OF 2001 and 2002 definety something diffrent something fresh and something new...The future just pulled up to your local CD store and NERD is here to stay....
  3. JenniferR.
    Mar 12, 2002
    I have been waiting for about nine months for this album and it is everything I was hoping for and more. With the band backing them up and Shay's rapping and Pharrell's singing and Chad is keeping it real, I can only hope that they get the sales and amiration that they deserve. These guys rock! Anyone who is thinking about buying this album, don't think anymore, put your I have been waiting for about nine months for this album and it is everything I was hoping for and more. With the band backing them up and Shay's rapping and Pharrell's singing and Chad is keeping it real, I can only hope that they get the sales and amiration that they deserve. These guys rock! Anyone who is thinking about buying this album, don't think anymore, put your thoughts into actions and buy it! Trust me it is worth it! Expand
  4. CurtisEagan
    May 1, 2002
    Fucking rocks.
  5. cb
    Mar 17, 2003
    Definitely enjoyable to listen to. Clever at times. Critics complain its not "deep," but most of it isnt suppposed to be.
  6. RosaF
    May 4, 2003
    I think this album is brillent and i can't wait for the next one and i hope it's even better than the last even though it will be hard to beat because In Search Of.... is one of the best albums around
  7. JUSTINF
    Aug 21, 2003
    This album is killer. Nerd not only mixes several great kinds of music, but Pharrel wows me with his great vocal range... kickas$.
  8. JC
    Apr 6, 2004
    Yeah this CD is crazy, only the drums suck.
  9. MalteB.
    Jan 21, 2002
    Beautiful interpretations of the fathers of soul.
  10. NickH.
    Oct 5, 2002
    I just don't get it. I don't see anything fresh or innovative about it. They should stick to producing other people.
  11. DougW.
    Mar 11, 2002
    Simply the best, new, freshest, listenable, enjoyable, MODERN music I have heard. Instant appeal and lasting satisfaction. I love its depth, its new direction, its soulful thought.
  12. it
    Mar 13, 2002
    What du u du 2 break the law of hip hop and all that cash money shit!? use live instrumentation bring in funk- rock and jam
  13. Steve
    Mar 17, 2002
    The Neptunes have definatly reached new heights with the instrument propelled, second version of N.E.R.D. If anyone knows of how to obtain the first version without means of the internet, please let me know.
  14. EricaA.
    Jul 27, 2002
    This album is real and is dope! This is one of the best albums yet and definetely deserves a 10! Y'all who don't have it have to get it!
  15. DizzyD
    Mar 9, 2003
    Simply amazing
  16. richards
    Jun 23, 2003
    fresh n funky sounds unlike anythink i've heard b4.
  17. NicolaC
    Aug 25, 2003
    I thought it was brilliant
  18. marshallm
    Jun 6, 2005
    what a cd! loved it ! one of my favorites! the 2 best were " baby doll" and "brain"...very original!
  19. bill
    Apr 21, 2003
    One of the best CD's I've purchased this year. Beats are catchy and lyrics are witty.

1. Spin
    As broad as their discography is, though, In Search Of still feels radical. [Apr 2002, p.113]
  2. Sure they're clever, but they're also as shallow as Britney Spears.
  3. ''In Search Of...'' has a crackling vigor missing from the first stab, and its mélange of genres makes for music unlike anything else around.