Indicud

6.5

Review this album

1. Jun 18, 2013
    I love Cudi as an artist, but I just wasn't feeling this album as much as I wanted to. I tried listening to it a couple more times to see if it would get better, but it only got worse. Production isn't handled that well, and lots of the melodies are drowned in obnoxious synths. Overall, the only appealing songs on this album are the singles he released.
  2. Jan 6, 2017
    Only some of the songs on this album are bearable. Others give you a terrible stomach ache. I'm a fan of Cudi's previous music, but honestly, this album isn't as colorful as his previous work.
  3. Apr 26, 2013
    Scott Mescudi testifies his lacks of skill in singing in all of his albums. By the great production of this album and bad lyrics of this one, you can say that Indicud is a mid-good album.
  4. Sep 17, 2013
    Kid Cudi is still reeling from his attempt at going sober, and he shows it with this mediocre at best release. Smoke a little more indica, Scott, and then show us what you got.
  5. Apr 29, 2013
    It's good to see Scott Mescudi rapping again, after the some-what-decent WZRD album.
    Now Kid Cudi is back, handling the production and..he's not really a good producer, but I give him props for trying.
    The first track opens the album up with some really dark synth's, fading piano notes, and some metal clanky drums, which gets me excited, but like WZRD's album intro(The Arrival) from there it slowly goes downhill.

Pros
    . Some nice guest spots keep some of the tracks listenable (King chip, Kendrick Lamar, A$AP Rocky, and RZA)
    . His rapping ability stays fresh!

Cons
    . The production is watered down a lot. His previous albums(even WZRD) had more flashier production, he needs some lessons from Kanye.
    . Kid Cudi tries to push his vocals too much. Killing the enjoyment of the song.

I may have missed a couple things on the album, but the production really stands out(in a bad way) and makes the whole LP not listenable.
    Hopefully when Man On The Moon III comes out he comes back with better production, or with nice producers. (Kanye, Dot Da genius, Plain Pat, Emile)

STILL, props to Kid Cudi for experimenting.

Recommended Tracks: The Resurrection Of Scott Mescudi, Just What I Am, Young Lady, Solo Dolo Part II, Beez

1. Q Magazine
    Jul 11, 2013
    Only Haim's contribution to Red Eye enlivens the tedium. [Aug 2013, p.99]
  2. The Source
    Jul 2, 2013
    In comparison to his past two albums, Cudi has grown the furthest from his purest hip-hop roots on Indicud, successfully carving out his own space using fundamental tools of hip-hop. [Jul 2013, p.91]
  3. May 9, 2013
    Indicud has the sheen of a cinematic blockbuster.... Unfortunately, it also has no substance.