Invincible - Michael Jackson
8.1

Review this album

1. Oct 11, 2010
    This is an unsteady album and probably the worst of Jackson's albums. Some highlights include 'You Rock My World', a throw back to Off The Wall and 'Butterflies' a great, mid-tempo song written by Marsha Ambrosius, a neo soul artist. These songs are easily brought down a rung or two by poor compositions like 'All The Lost Children' and 'Don't Walk Away'. I've never been a big JacksonThis is an unsteady album and probably the worst of Jackson's albums. Some highlights include 'You Rock My World', a throw back to Off The Wall and 'Butterflies' a great, mid-tempo song written by Marsha Ambrosius, a neo soul artist. These songs are easily brought down a rung or two by poor compositions like 'All The Lost Children' and 'Don't Walk Away'. I've never been a big Jackson ballad fan and I think on this album he forgets that possibly the best message you can send the world is to make them get down and boogie. The Santana song is a nice moment between two legends but overall this album does not have the feel of any other Jackson album. The highlights are minimal but the genius is still there,if a little flawed. Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2010
    These negative reviews are based on what used to be, not what currently is. The bottom line, it was very different, very entertaining. As a side note, on billboard it got the "album of the decade" award. Shove it critic "professionals", you don't know what you're talking about.
  3. Nov 16, 2010
    Michael Jackson is a legend. And this is an amazing album. From the vocals of the /breaking Dawn to the beat of you rock my world, Michael has rocked my ears in this album. It is amazing and mindblowing.
  4. Sep 10, 2011
    Michael Jackson's final studio album (while alive, that is) is nothing amazing. It's a big fall from a lot of his older stuff, and even his 90's music. There's very, very little good here. I would not recommend listening to it, and if you decide to buy it, I pity you.
  5. Aug 16, 2011
    a crítica falou mau, mas o álbum é maravilhoso (tanto que foi eleito o álbum da década). Invincible vai do pop ao rap e vai do rock ao r&b, o álbum é excelente é um dos melhores do MJ.
  6. MAQ
    Nov 29, 2012
    Not Michael's best album, but neither is it his worst. Simply love the dance tracks, although the record IS a little too long. But anyways, it's much better than the music nowadays. I think critics should see Invincible as an individual album, they shouldn't compare it with his previous works. This album deserves more critical appreciation.
  7. Mar 12, 2013
    This is the best R&B album in the history of the music. Only a fool would give Michael Jackson less than 10/10. With his name comes greatness,awesomeness and coolness
  8. Aug 8, 2013
    terrible album, i hate it!

to think its from the same person who previously made dangerous and bad!!!

shocking that he slipped so far down!!! really really disappointing
  9. May 11, 2014
    This album is so underrated... I think it's even better than the previous one, History. Unbreakable and What ever Happens are the best tracks with 2000 Watts. You have to re-discover this if you missed it.
  10. May 15, 2014
    Most underrated album ever. This album is a true work of art, it totally flaws and includes some of THE most amazing songs MJ has ever written (best example: the song "Speechless")

1. The mix is such that the saccharine ("You Are My Life" and "Heaven Can Wait") is outweighed by the brilliant ("Whatever Happens" and "The Lost Children"), creating a record that is quite relevant while at the same time being experimental and fresh.
  2. Jackson has lived a bizarre train-wreck life of mystery and tragedy, but following such a lengthy absence, Invincible just reeks of desperation and aimlessness.
  3. It does at least manage to include several of the things we hold dearest about Michael Jackson the singer, and it also steers clear of anything as laugh-out-loud as 'Earth Song'.