• Record Label: TVT
7.4

Review this album

1. DavidJ.
    Nov 29, 2001
    GBV rock. That's all I have to say.
  2. IrwinF.
    Apr 7, 2001
    Longer, more radio-friendly songs than GbV usually delivers... but five or six of these tracks are as good as anything they've ever put out, and most of the rest is rock solid.
  3. DJB
    Jan 18, 2005
    Critics and fans agree THIS ALBUM ROCKS!!! Naysayers BEWARE: This album/group by comparison is more fresh and alive then practically everything else out there. Long Live GBV!!! R.I.P.
  4. May 25, 2011
    Isolation Drills was kinda one of those albums we forget about later on, but remembering it again sure is good. some of the songs were boring, but most of them bring back what we love about GBV.

1. A solid, riff-driven rock record that may disappoint those still awaiting Bee Thousand II, though it offers plenty of treats to those who are willing to approach it with open ears.
    His Who-tastic riffs remain belligerent and plentiful, but Pollard sounds grimmer, as if the former grade-school teacher suddenly realizes that touring in a van past age 40 isn't as much fun as he expected. [Jun/Jul 2001, p.111]
  3. From sparse DIY fragments to string-enhanced ballads and well-wrought pop, the material on Isolation Drills is as diverse as it is consistently compelling.