Review this album

1. MistyC
    Oct 30, 2006
    I LOVE this CD along with ALL of Rods others. Only being 24 I hadn't listened to this type of music before thanks Rod.
    Jan 15, 2003
    For anyone who likes ' crooner songs ' this CD is absolutely one of the best!!!! I have enjoyed ALL of Rod Stewart's songs over the years (yes, even the dreaded disco song "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy) and this collection is great. I highly recommend this CD to anyone who appreciates these great old classic jazz songs.
  3. GiuseppeR
    Jul 7, 2006
    A particular voice for some of the best songs of the last century. A great interpretation with very good arrangements. The official critics didn't appreciate this CD because it is too easy to love it. It's difficult to tire to listen to it. You wish to dance, to sing, to beat time. What else is the music?
  4. AlvaroG.
    May 4, 2008
    Why so bad ratings??? the whole series of The Great American Songbook are great!!
  5. LindaH
    Nov 5, 2002
    This is a excellent album of old songs. Stewart sings all the standards in a way I have not heard before.
  6. MathuresP
    Dec 22, 2002
    Rod in a mellow mood. Simply superb as he changes gear like licking honey. Full marks.
  7. MardyR
    Nov 27, 2002
    Rod, It could only have been you, who really turns me on(to music that is). The american
  8. HelenW
    Dec 28, 2002
    Love to hear Rod singing the oldies. Very soothing in this world of not so soothing times. Thanks for easy listening at its best.

1. Here, he sings against syrupy, obvious orchestral arrangements, driven by a beat that sometimes seems on the verge of a nap -- all of which encourages Stewart's worst habits: He sounds lazy, glib and uninvolved, just the opposite of when he still mattered.
  2. The whole thing sounds good on paper, but in practice, it's a bit of a mixed bag.
  3. His similar-sounding interpretations lose their oomph a few tracks in.